View Single Post
Old 19-04-13, 09:01   #14
gold-vlt
Player

Car: fg xr6t daily, 88 vl series 200, 86 vl executive wagon, e46 barra powered
Trader Rating: (7)
I'm just asking because i'm a bit worried about this deadline. I don't fully understand how I will be affected if I get my car mod plated after 30/04.

I have spoken to 2 engineers and got different responses.
One said that it would be best to get my engine mod plated under the current older code rather than under the new NCOP and the other said that it doesnt really make any difference and shouldnt affect the price of having the car plated.

He also said that the NCOP will only really affect older cars such as someone wanting to put a V8 into an eh. he reckons "won't happen again". Same as LS engines in vl's etc (according to him).

This is what modifications I have done to my vl wagon: RB25/30, aftermarket Link ecu, r33 manual gearbox, rebuilt diff to turbo spec everything, front mount intercooler, vt front calipers on standard rotors with braided lines all around inc diff and clutch lines.

Also need the car plated for near future mods (is this possible?) that cant be completed by the 30th due to current lack of funds and time.
Under car surge tank and fuel pumps, non factory turbo ie gt35.82, external gate and high mount manifold, battery relocated to cargo area

also the car is currently half stripped for body work/paint, engine box transplant. Does the car have to be all together and/or running to be mod plated?

Can someone please help me out on what I will need to do to get this car mod plated!??

---------- Post added 19-04-13 at 09:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWR 747 View Post
got mine done two weeks ago for cage, trans, diff, brakes and engine. i think i might have been his last one.
Would you mind answering some of my questions lol? for example your RB30DET would go under a code for "performance engine that exceeds the power of the original engine by more than 20-50%"

What modifications go under this code? ie does it cover all it's mods, exhaust, intercooler etc? and was the aftermarket ecu mod plated or did you not tell them about it?

Last edited by gold-vlt; 19-04-13 at 13:05.
gold-vlt is offline   Reply With Quote