View Single Post
Old 08-01-13, 21:21   #81
hdtf-18
Player

Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUXEDO View Post
So you're only getting the engine bay done, not the whole car?
While the motor and gearbox have been taken out ready to put the new engine, gearbox, diff and brakes in i got the bay painted so they wont have to have the drama of taking it all out again once its put in and also cos the new motor setup will have all hidden wiring ddone so those holes all bogged up. What are people's thoughts on order of doing things, am i better to leave the outside unpainted whilst its getting run in so that it prevents mechanics or any unwanted damage being done to paint or get the engine in but not fired up and then spray it so you do the running in km's in a schmick finito car?

---------- Post added 08-01-13 at 21:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlct2010 View Post
If u dnt mind me askin how much it cost u to get it done.. U can pm me if u like cuz im up to that stage of pullin th engine out n doin th bay..
sending pm now

---------- Post added 09-01-13 at 08:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUXEDO View Post
So you're only getting the engine bay done, not the whole car?
Sorry tuxedo after rereading what I wrote and looking like a retard in the process I see how what I wrote came accross that way. After the owner of the shop giving me a rough quote on what whole car will cost to paint I have a heap of saving to do and probably writing letters looking for sponsors! I will post in one of the national threads too but does anyone know a thing about approaching companies for sponsorship, how to go about it, what companies are likely, how it works etc???
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote