View Single Post
Old 17-12-12, 14:29   #53
hdtf-18
Player

Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88 View Post
coming along nicely... why 4.11's in the diff though? highest I reckon you would want for your setup is 3.9's.
it came out of an r31 with same setup and at 70km/h he would be in 6th and only doing 1700rpm. this is done by cutting boost in 5th and 6th gear to 50% as first four gears are all thats needed down quarter so that way 5th and 6th can be used as overdrive so can still be ok on street. thats how shaun at boostworx explained it to me

---------- Post added 17-12-12 at 15:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT View Post
no offence mate but u could of just bought the brakes off ebay for under 2k then had them painted yourself and u can buy the dba 5000 discs for 800-1000 for the pair , and hub adapters are 250 new , and had 3-4k still in your pocket ...
Harrop 6 and 4 piston brakes or any other brand of 6 and 4 piston callipers painted in house of kolour paint for 2k? send me a link on ebay of unpainted 6 and 4 calipers that are same quality as harrop for 2k. be interested in seeing what i couldve bought. isnt that like pointing out that there are cheap 300 big top mount turbo's on ebay for a few hundred bucks and that buying a garrett is then a waste of money?! I'm wanting to get the car engineered and use it as a show car so going the xtra length and cost of getting good quality parts is important
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote