View Single Post
Old 15-11-11, 09:59   #4
hdtf-18
Player

Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
I'm not too concerned with power figures as I want the car to be streetable and start first time everytime. The power figures at that boost is simply being passed on from what the engine builder said to me. As Todd can tell you I'm not as knowledgable on engines etc as you or him are which is why I am just passing on what's told to me. After contacting HDT for interior it doesn't seem worth doing for the outlay. Was wondering if anyone has used proseat for interior before? If their work is considered ok I will be getting interior made this week. The quote has been done for 4 ve gts seats and will prob get this colour too...

Will be done in Dakota leather which is used in the latest BMW prestige package so I'm told.

A bit concerned about some of the feedback on this company and the turn around time as i want them done asap so if anyone knows of a company that does ve gts on vl rails could they let me know and also the name of a good local company who will install and do the rest of the 4 seater conversion

---------- Post added 15-11-11 at 17:54 ----------

Just in from engine builder, progress report of work done so far...

The main parts that have been aquired for the job are;

Mahle forged pistons RB30 suit 25 head

Manley H beam conrods

Supertech +1mm inlet & exhaust valves

Supertech Hyd spring kit

Camtech 264 inlet and 268 ex cams with vernier wheels

Head has been CNC Ported with bronze guides fitted and all machine work inc welding water hole to modify for RB30 block

Block has been hot tank cleaned and is at machine shop to be bored & honed. Currently waiting for the torque plate to be made before machining block, should be ready next week.

Please advise model car and turbo being used so I can order exhaust manifold and upgraded sump to suit.
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote