Old 11-03-10, 10:30   #1
SirGeo
Administrator

Car: '67 Camaro in the Build... And still looking for a stock'ish BT1
Trader Rating: (40)
Send a message via ICQ to SirGeo Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
Forum Upgrade Possible Downtime This weekend. 13/03/2010

Wow, finally we are upgrading..

After extensive testing from the mods on our test site, and Dazza not being able to break it, I am confident enough in the new software we will install.

By no means is it the latest version of VB.. 4.0.2.. As I don't trust it, and don't really like the look of it yet, and the fact that after 2 days of it being released publicly over 300 bugs were found, and 1 month in 2 patches have been released, with a 3rd on the way....

So we will be going to the last stable version released before the 4.0.

Anyway...

I am aiming to do the upgrade over the weekend beginning friday night, and will endeavour to complete it by Monday. The only downtime I foresee will be Saturday night (after midnight) and/or Sunday night (after midnight)

It shouldn't last more than a few hours, and i'll try have somewhere where everyone can still chat ready for the downtime...

What we need you to do... Nothing...

But please be aware that when the new site does go live it may look a little different until we can get the new skins ready. And there will be some small bugs that we will sort out, so don't fret...

If you do find an issue that we may have overlooked please post in this thread:

Report Bugs/Errors Thread

And I will try to keep a list of what we have found and are working on going.

Most people won't read this, but I thought it would be nice to let people know what's going on, so one Monday when people say "wtf?" I can point them to this announcement/thread
SirGeo is offline   Reply With Quote