View Single Post
Old 03-02-10, 11:24   #75
paparazzi
Player

Car: 97 STI Wagon, landcruiser & [PRORB-6] IN THE BUILD.
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to paparazzi
was talking to some mates the other day about the power to weight laws and one mate said that they have gone back to the old 125kw per ton law only for those who got there license without goin on the red Ps. i checked the vic roads web site n it says this:

Probationary drivers may apply to drive vehicles with 6 cylinders or less that are:
-turbocharged or supercharged with a power to weight ratio of less than 100kW per tonne;
-turbocharged or supercharged with a power to weight ratio between 100kW and 125kW per tonne and that
-are considered to be a family type vehicle (4 seats or more) rather than a sports type vehicle.

A family type vehicle is a sedan, station wagon or hatch normally used to carry families/passengers with 4 or more seats and is equipped with child restraint anchorages and does not include sports cars eg a two door coupe.

Vehicles with eight cylinders or more, family type-type vehicles with more than 125KW per tonne or other vehicles with more than 100KW per tonne will NOT be granted under this scheme.

i know people will say just call vic roads. i have called them about 9 times n each time im on hold for over 30 min. gotten through twice n the lady said well if the site says it then yeah.