View Single Post
Old 24-08-07, 02:18   #1
DB Tech Polarized
Trader Rating: (44)
Olivers 86 Calais Turbo Restoration/Rebuild Thread

Hey Guys,

Well the time has finally come for my restoration work to start. I've got a 1986 Series 1 Factory Calais Turbo with leather interior. I've owned it for 8 years and havent really spent much on it. Its all original except for the stereo and sticker, and I still have the original stereo if I want to take it all the way back. Its been daily driven and used to tow the boat and has had a track day out at Wanneroo. (Standard VLT brakes are a bit hairy around there all day.)

Seen as now its starting to show its age I have decided to start putting some money into it, so on Tuesday its off to get all the rust removed and prepared for some new paint.

A few photos of the rust problem...

I'm also building a new & improved engine, I havent decided if I'm keeping it original or not yet but I'm thinking of going for a sleeper look with the polished calais rims and a decent engine under the bonnet.

I'll keep updating this thread with progress pics etc. If anyone needs any advice or parts (I have plenty of them) send me a PM I'm happy to help people out.

Originally Posted by fullsick View Post
Awww thanks Oliver

I'm bringing a car full of girls for you as a thank you haha
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote