calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Western Australia (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   CTWA - Official LS Thread (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=277722)

EVL 26-03-15 10:46

CTWA - Official LS Thread
 
Who has one?
Who's building one?

Is there a secret sub cult of these rigs growing?

Steve 26-03-15 12:00

Yes
Yes

And yes

:D

caibs 26-03-15 18:34

the one on the right has a ls1/6spd and like i said in the other thread, i've been seriously considering an l98/th400 in the one on the left.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psjpet2plg.jpg

jacks wagon will be ready soon from what i see on snapchat yeh ?

VLWAGONIT 26-03-15 19:49

Yeah, one day

satansLBO 31-03-15 21:34

I am currently getting an ls1 6.0L stroker built for a tuxedo black vl sl with manual rack and welded diff.

caibs 31-03-15 23:36

far out why not splash out on a power steering rack and lsd ?

satansLBO 01-04-15 00:18

This car is being built to be a circuit racer/ sprint racer.

EVL 01-04-15 01:10

Sweet looks like a few pushrod heroes then!
For those with VL's who wants to let us in on your builds? what mounts/gearboxes/wiring setups have you guys done?

VLWAGONIT 01-04-15 02:13

There is a basic how to that I wrote up in the tech articles section of how I did mine, could add to that

satansLBO 01-04-15 03:44

VLWAGONIT- Your thread is really useful btw - i read it again tonight... ecu, loom, engine mounts, transition mounts, headers, i haven't decided on yet.....

Currently for my tuxedo black SL, I have removed the interior, dash, heater, aircon, RB30 engine computer and loom, transmission, drive shaft.

Leaving the manual rack, brake booster, fuse box, borg warner diff and spool, 4 wheel discs and king springs will all be looked at later....

A professionally commission a compliant ADRA / CAMS cage and fit out after the usual rust / welding repairs, new seals, and sound deadening removed.

The Engine is currentl being engineered to be a high rev 2004 LS1 built with forged pistons, H beam conrods and stroker kit (6.0L). Heads are completed already machined port and polish racing cam shaft package with roller rockers.

Gear box is a short throw, close ratio tremec t56 with 11" clutch and flex plate

Drive shaft - Custom Heavy Duty 2 piece driveshaft 1350 yokes and 110mm CV

Diff - borg warner full spool

Suspension, brakes, camber kit, bushes, sway bars, ill have to do some research into yet.

Steve 01-04-15 12:00

LS3
Fast manifold
Dual valve springs
Custom Comp Cam
http://members.ii.net/~stevenpw/newc...21668310_n.jpg

VLWAGONIT 01-04-15 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansLBO (Post 3061063)
VLWAGONIT- Your thread is really useful btw - i read it again tonight... ecu, loom, engine mounts, transition mounts, headers, i haven't decided on yet.....

Currently for my tuxedo black SL, I have removed the interior, dash, heater, aircon, RB30 engine computer and loom, transmission, drive shaft.

Leaving the manual rack, brake booster, fuse box, borg warner diff and spool, 4 wheel discs and king springs will all be looked at later....

A professionally commission a compliant ADRA / CAMS cage and fit out after the usual rust / welding repairs, new seals, and sound deadening removed.

The Engine is currentl being engineered to be a high rev 2004 LS1 built with forged pistons, H beam conrods and stroker kit (6.0L). Heads are completed already machined port and polish racing cam shaft package with roller rockers.

Gear box is a short throw, close ratio tremec t56 with 11" clutch and flex plate

Drive shaft - Custom Heavy Duty 2 piece driveshaft 1350 yokes and 110mm CV

Diff - borg warner full spool

Suspension, brakes, camber kit, bushes, sway bars, ill have to do some research into yet.

I still recomend pacepaker for the mounts, i went the crs kit for the starter relocation as it was cheaper but it doesnt interfere with anything. Pacemaker headers fit with no modifications using their mounts as well

RED1M8 01-04-15 15:44

I'm building an LS powered VK Royal, will start a build thread soon.

Have an LS2 LY6 cast block, will be a forged 402 turbocharged , powerglide trans, 9" diff 31 spline. 6 point cage.
Using Belair Mount Plates and starter relocation, VN V6 crossmember and rack, VL intermediate steering shaft, billet V6 engine mounts. Made my own trans cross member with nolathane powerglide mount. Will be custom turbo manifold with 4" down pipe.

EVL 01-04-15 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 3061069)
LS3
Fast manifold
Dual valve springs
Custom Comp Cam
'[img]lolpic.jpg[/img]'

Specs on custom cam?

LS looks at home in that bay Michael!!1!!!11!!

Steve 02-04-15 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVL (Post 3061105)
Specs on custom cam?

Lets try pn# 146-461-11
:ninja:





(may or may not be the one ;) )

satansLBO 05-04-15 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT (Post 3061070)
I still recomend pacepaker for the mounts, i went the crs kit for the starter relocation as it was cheaper but it doesnt interfere with anything. Pacemaker headers fit with no modifications using their mounts as well

Great advice. With the pacemaker headers and mounts and a manual rack, will I still need the starter relocation kit?

---------- Post added 05-04-15 at 00:34 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 3061069)
LS3
Fast manifold
Dual valve springs
Custom Comp Cam
http://members.ii.net/~stevenpw/newc...21668310_n.jpg

That is Wild!

Xibit0r 05-04-15 10:59

All VB-VS need the starter relocation

I am still waiting for a clean bodied calais sedan/wagon to come up to do this conversion

Will be much less headache than my stupid torana

RED1M8 05-04-15 16:43

Here's a teaser pic of mine

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...pskqkqjdea.jpg

VLWAGONIT 05-04-15 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansLBO (Post 3061236)
Great advice. With the pacemaker headers and mounts and a manual rack, will I still need the starter relocation kit?

---------- Post added 05-04-15 at 00:34 ----------



That is Wild!

some people have gotten away without it but it depends on what headers you use, the Pacemakers run through where the starter originally sits

VLWAGONIT 09-04-15 21:43

What throttle cable has everyone used? or has everyone gone fly by wire?

One of the only things I haven't sorted for mine

Steve 09-04-15 23:45

Mine will be Fly By Wire

RED1M8 10-04-15 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT (Post 3061451)
What throttle cable has everyone used? or has everyone gone fly by wire?

One of the only things I haven't sorted for mine

Have heard of guys using VT-VX LS1 exec (non cruise control) throttle cable, not easy to track down from wreckers though.

VLWAGONIT 10-04-15 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RED1M8 (Post 3061466)
Have heard of guys using VT-VX LS1 exec (non cruise control) throttle cable, not easy to track down from wreckers though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking of using. Haven't been able to find one anywhere though.

what is the difference between the cruise/non cruise control ones?

cheers

Xibit0r 10-04-15 15:36

Mates one in Collie uses one of the "EFI Conversion" ones Jack

I the same one (but Torana version). Pretty decent and easy to mod to suit. All the mods are done pedal side.

VLWAGONIT 10-04-15 16:49

got a link for them? I cant seem to find them. cheers


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger