calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Northern Territory (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   How many Members from Darwin (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=25225)

poohkies 05-08-04 14:14

How many Members from Darwin

Hey peoples, just wanting to know how many of you are up here! just post and say hey, Thinking once i get my car finished to have a big picture of as all etc, maybe even do a cruze ! to town and back :) or what eva, thanks

HEADAKE 11-08-04 20:58

you know i am!! got few mates with vls 2

VLT_RB30 14-08-04 21:39

Dude still here as well.

I had a look around the Barracks the other day, there are quite a few VL's getting around now. 3 are Calais n/a's but are in very good condition. I have pointed then to this site.

A cruze would be good.

poohkies 16-08-04 10:45

there's that new flash 355 stroker calais up here from down south, dam dam dam nice looking car

HEADAKE 16-08-04 19:09

is that the baby blue one?? seen it sat night if it is??

poohkies 17-08-04 11:44

mmmm sky blue biggest bling bling rims on it, did u have a good night Saturday?

HEADAKE 17-08-04 13:32

looks fcukn sweet that vl bit of comp for you when yours is finished...
yeah sat wasnt too bad when home pretty early about 2

poohkies 17-08-04 14:52

yeah me 2, went to the vic and then to BP 24 hour, talked crap for a bit and went home, nar no compitition way nicer than mine will be, maybe in a couple of years when it's properly finished :)

HEADAKE 17-08-04 15:57

but think about it when you have finished you have built yours! its not some one elses car all yours

poohkies 18-08-04 10:35

true true true,

what u doing next weekend, you'll have to come over and help me put mine together, getting some other vl ppls to come around and help 2, free food and drink :)

HEADAKE 24-08-04 14:46

hey lars i am free most days normaly have split shift on a monday wendsday and friday every other day is cool if you need a hand

VLT_RB30 14-09-04 15:24

Hey guys, who would be the body shop to take my car in for a re spray and hopfully fitting a body kit?

Not sure which body kit I'm getting.

Your advice would be good... thanks

Sixes350 01-12-04 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by VLT_RB30
Hey guys, who would be the body shop to take my car in for a re spray and hopfully fitting a body kit?

Not sure which body kit I'm getting.

Your advice would be good... thanks

Someone down south ;)

Jokes, There are 2 good people I know of, will get details to you soon. I used to live in Darwin for 10+ years

VLT_RB30 08-12-04 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixes350
Someone down south ;)

Jokes, There are 2 good people I know of, will get details to you soon. I used to live in Darwin for 10+ years

The down south thing did x my mind.

TL Panel Works is going to do the job. The body and paint of the car, (as Lars can tell you) is in pritty good shape. Its the body kit that is going to cost. But $3500 is the quote, gose in April/May 05.

Stable 19-02-05 15:47

Im getting my front end fixed at AnH. Theyre meant to have the best equipped workshop in Darwin.

Im friends with Phil who owns the baby blue calais aswell.

HEADAKE 24-02-05 23:40

so me car will have rego soon and bumper resprayed and stuff so how far away are we from getting a VL cruse?

Hektik_VL 27-02-05 17:19

yo Lars.......cheers for the relay, your a fu***n legend!

Just got a respray, and have ordered a 700 hp turbo for the beast!!!!!!!

Need a aftermarket ecu, know where I can get one?

HEKTIK

Stable 01-03-05 00:46

Hey just letting you guys know, theres a bunch of regular cruising people on boostcruising.com. Im also a mod there in the NT section. Stop by and say hello.

Good way to meet car people around town!

poohkies 09-03-05 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stable
Hey just letting you guys know, theres a bunch of regular cruising people on boostcruising.com. Im also a mod there in the NT section. Stop by and say hello.

Good way to meet car people around town!

yeah depends on what people u want to meet ! lot of *****en loosers going cruzing have no road sense!

TDZ is just dam dangerous at times! as long as those phyco's arn't on there then sounds alright!

Stable 10-03-05 20:22

Most of the people on there are pretty cool. Not many of them actually go to tdz either.
We've got THE HEAT on there too.

poohkies 14-03-05 13:09

as in the police ????
suppose that's nice, last time we went down, my mate got pulled over buy one of them he's like ive seen your car down the drags! he's like nice and started giving him "HEAT" about it!

Stable 16-03-05 21:59

Yeah the cops "THE HEAT" car. Its all funded by coppers own pockets. And they do all the work on it on weekends, seem like pretty decent fellas. Was it one of 'the heat' team that was giving your mate ****?

Theres a thread on boostcruising.com about The Heat, clears up a few things like who funds it etc.

poohkies 17-03-05 12:01

true, we got out backes up, do the write thing then get shlt for it, the fact that it seems coppa's where down checking out cars etc from the drags to pull over on the street,

they stopped him as he was getting out of his car at woolies nightcliff! giving him crap about rubber on the guards (like der i was at the drags)

Stable 26-03-05 17:08

that sucks man. shame theres **** all we can really do bout it!

Sixes350 30-05-05 01:04

There is something you can do about it, Clean the race number off your car, Scrape the rubber from the guards and make sure the car has decent tyres on it. I raced heaps when I was up there and had a VERY distinct car which the coppers loved. I did as I said to do and they left me alone unless I was doin skids or racing etc.

Darwin coppers are good, dont give em sh1t and they are ok.

Now I just cant wait to get back up there at Xmas

Oh and the T wharf area and TDZ arnt good places to go . . .

East point used to be good years ago before they pine logged and speed humped the area