calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Western Australia (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Leb Vlt drag build (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=248205)

leb vlt 25-12-11 21:25

Leb Vlt drag build
 
So cars nearly finished with only few things left to do, all of which will be finished in January wen the shops reopen for business, anyways pics!

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...bvlt/photo.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...lt/photo-1.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...lt/photo-2.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...lt/photo-3.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...lt/photo-4.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...lt/photo-5.jpg

Specs are :

Gt4294 1.15 rear housing
Custom FMIC
Nizpro Intake Plenum
Nizpro Camshaft and Vernier Gear
Microtech lt16s, x6 box, 6 coil setup
Bosch Indy Blue 1600cc
Custom Fuel Rail
2 044 Bosch Motorsport Fuel Pumps
Custom Exhaust - 4" dump off Turbo then 3" Handmade Stainless with 2 Handmade Mufflers
Custom Oil Catch Can with -10 Braided Lines
Ported Head
Full built motor by Lockyer engine reconditioners QLD= *mahle forgies, grunt hbeam rods, acl race bearings, high volume oil pump,undriven balancer,*
Balanced and Blueprinted
High Energy 7ltr sump
Shortened 31spline moser axles, 3.9 Full spool, TA diff
Cover
R33 manual convo, dcs twin plate with billet flywheel
Vt twin piston brakes
15x4 convo pros front, 15x8.5 convo pro rears 3 3/8 bs

rb25vlt8 25-12-11 21:28

Killer can't wait to see this animal in action mo when do you estimate you will hit the strip ????

leb vlt 25-12-11 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb25vlt8 (Post 2870423)
Killer can't wait to see this animal in action mo when do you estimate you will hit the strip ????

Car should be driveable b4 end of January, after running it in im gona do the dyno scene for a lil while as without a cage the car will just pik the front left up for the 1st 60ft!!

Plans for the car are 40psi on e85, so without a cage the shell will just twist too much!

TUXEDO 25-12-11 21:41

I'm a huge fan of this car and I can't wait til it hits the track. Make sure You take the spare wheel out before you bolt the cell down haha.

leb vlt 25-12-11 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUXEDO (Post 2870429)
I'm a huge fan of this car and I can't wait til it hits the track. Make sure You take the spare wheel out before you bolt the cell down haha.

Cheers mate, haha yer that pic is old, cell is mounted, just gota mount my Carter pumps, surge tank and 044s so I can order the braided line and that's the fuel setup done.

XCHASE 25-12-11 21:56

Good to see another tuff manual car hitting the scene. Any idea on approx power output?

VLWAGONIT 25-12-11 22:03

fk yes

leb vlt 25-12-11 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCHASE (Post 2870435)
Good to see another tuff manual car hitting the scene. Any idea on approx power output?

Hoping for around 850-900 hp atw should doable on 40-45psi!

xAsh- 25-12-11 22:39

single cam RB30, GT42 with big cam and headwork usually runs about 900rwhp at those levels of boost with C16, you could be making more with E85 hopefully!

Hope mines this clean when its done!

leb vlt 25-12-11 22:45

After doin the dyno scene and shaming a few ls1 boys il cage it and start chasing a time, il be stoked with a 9.99 but car should be gd for 9.50-9.70 qtrs in a manual! Reason for sitting so high are the 275 et streets as i really wanna crack a 9 on them b4 putting full slicks on. Only time will tell I suppose, either way should be a fun ride on the street :-D

SIKVLT 26-12-11 05:06

stunning build mate good luck with her

PSI 05L 26-12-11 07:55

Nice, Looking killer with those convos on...

TOPFLYT 26-12-11 08:14

looking good man.

What mods were needed to fit the convo pro 3 3/8th backspace? are you still running disc brakes on the rear? mini tub? shortened diff? moving shock mount?

-nic

rb25vlt8 26-12-11 08:22

Please dnt pop the bonnet when doing the dyno days I just want to see the ls1 boys cry lol it's so funny just watchin there faces

zaksvl 26-12-11 09:02

thats one hell of a machine, good luck with making your 9 mate.

caibs 26-12-11 09:25

ahaha mo that's taking **** up a notch or two!
you know i'm a fan!

leb vlt 26-12-11 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPFLYT (Post 2870486)
looking good man.

What mods were needed to fit the convo pro 3 3/8th backspace? are you still running disc brakes on the rear? mini tub? shortened diff? moving shock mount?

-nic

Shortened bw 70mm per side, convert back to drum brakes, all STD shock and trailing arm mounts. No tubs!

Xibit0r 26-12-11 09:45

loved this car before you got it, love it even more now

good work moe, no messing around!

vl_sl_88 26-12-11 10:33

Next time you get pics park it next to mine would ya.!!

grunter01 26-12-11 11:29

Looks good moe, taking longer than expected but will be worth the wait mate.... Is that my cell? Doesn't look bad from the photo,

leb vlt 26-12-11 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by vl_sl_88 (Post 2870536)
Next time you get pics park it next to mine would ya.!!

Why's that?

---------- Post added 26-12-11 at 10:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunter01 (Post 2870551)
Looks good moe, taking longer than expected but will be worth the wait mate.... Is that my cell? Doesn't look bad from the photo,

Yer mate had to stop spending money on it for a month for other stuff, yer ur cell, yer not bad just on certain angles can c a ding, most of it is at the back so doesn't concern me, hope ur rods are up to the task ;-)

NICE TRY 26-12-11 11:52

Meh, still ain't no rotor ;)
Decided on fuel yet?? Need someone to go halves with as I know Ge's will spend more time replacing gearboxes than driving on the road

leb vlt 26-12-11 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by NICE TRY (Post 2870559)
Meh, still ain't no rotor ;)
Decided on fuel yet?? Need someone to go halves with as I know Ge's will spend more time replacing gearboxes than driving on the road

Ha rotor ai, I got something for u ;-), yer e85, haha poor G! Call me wen u wanna organise how we gona order the fuel.

88 Chaser 26-12-11 14:55

Looks awesome Mo,when you need a stronger box let me know, I have a man in QLD that is the best in the business.

leb vlt 26-12-11 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88 Chaser (Post 2870608)
Looks awesome Mo,when you need a stronger box let me know, I have a man in QLD that is the best in the business.

Yet sweet jase, was thinking bout putting an os giken gear set thru it, wait and see, hopefully it doesn't break too quickly...


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger