calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Scheduled Down Time 29/05/11 @8pm (EST) - Moving Server (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=234305)

SirGeo 27-05-11 19:54

Scheduled Down Time 29/05/11 @8pm (EST) - Moving Server

Well looks like you guy's have help CT out grow another server.. it's been struggling for a while so we are moving to a bigger, faster and newer Server...

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan..

We are scheduled to start the move at about 8pm (Melb/Syd) time on Sunday night..

Should only take a few hours and we will try get it all back up and running ASAP. Hopefully well before 10pm.

Sorry for any inconvenience but hopefully this server lasts us a little longer than the old one..

Steve.

InsaneVL 27-05-11 21:16

Noooooooooooooooooooo........ what will I do without Calaisturbo???

New server sounds good though... :)

SirGeo 30-05-11 15:35

Done!

We are on the new server....!!

InsaneVL 30-05-11 21:19

Yay!!!

abrowne70 30-05-11 21:38

took a bit longer but aslong as were back online now. i almost died from no CT today

SirGeo 30-05-11 21:59

Yeah a lot longer than what we thought.. apologies to everyone...

Big thanks to Gav (platinum) for staying up and making sure the move was gong as planned.. and for answering all my stupid questions this morning trying to finish it off and get it all back up and running...

SHIZNT 30-05-11 22:21

Looks like DNS hasn't quite refreshed on some of the ISP's DNS servers yet.

Taken advantage of the AUS dollar and moved to an American host now Steve?

SirGeo 30-05-11 22:24

Always hosted over in the states.. It's a lot cheaper.. I got a quote for something similar to what we have now and i'm looking at about 5x the price.....

And yeah I noticed it hasn't propogated to some ISP's. and dependent on what time i jump on it will take me to the new server or old..

I've just edited my hosts file for now... should be fine by tomorrow morning...

SHIZNT 30-05-11 22:42

Ahh... never really took notice of the old ct server ip address...

Well hopefully everything goes well with the new server...

SirGeo 30-05-11 22:45

So far so good :p but it hasn't gone through a full peak traffic.. we'll see tomorrow... :ninja:

Cocopopz 31-05-11 07:45

why can I access ct on my phone but still not on my computer, 3 days now with out ct I'm on the edge now and im about to jump.............

EvilPet 31-05-11 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocopopz (Post 2764211)
why can I access ct on my phone but still not on my computer, 3 days now with out ct I'm on the edge now and im about to jump.............

Clear your DNS Cache on your computer.

MarkZ 31-05-11 16:12

No luch with me on my laptop, tried clearing dns and all browser settings etc any other ideas (typing on phone atm)

EvilPet 31-05-11 17:23

Weird - that did it for me.

Change the security settings on the computer that you are unable to access this site on. This can be done in Start/Control Panel/Internet Options. Then look at the settings under the 'Security' tab. Also, a software firewall may also be preventing you from being able to access the site. For temporary purposes, disable any firewall that may be running and then try again.

Cocopopz 31-05-11 18:18

I didn't end up doing anything, checked it tonight and all works ok now :)

EvilPet 31-05-11 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocopopz (Post 2764485)
I didn't end up doing anything, checked it tonight and all works ok now :)

More power to you bruvva......

SHIZNT 31-05-11 20:53

Would of been due to your ISP's DNS server not being up to date.... easiest way around it would be to use a proxy outside AUS like Kproxy.com

Duke57TT 31-05-11 21:20

I'm using a US Proxy at the moment.. its being extremely ghey and it works for a while and then swings to the we have moved announcement.. kill the old server all ready. For whatever reason it is swinging between the two. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've done the old ipconfig /flushdns, net stop dnscache, net start dnscache and kicked my modem a few times etc etc.

Jeffo_vlt 31-05-11 21:24

Remember to send all complaints in a PM to Platinum
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/member.php?u=3

SirGeo 31-05-11 22:34

killing off the old server won't make a difference.. it will just give you a 404 error instead :p

It will resolve itself.. unfortunately it's out of our hands...

MarkZ 31-05-11 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke57TT (Post 2764719)
I'm using a US Proxy at the moment.. its being extremely ghey and it works for a while and then swings to the we have moved announcement.. kill the old server all ready. For whatever reason it is swinging between the two. Is anyone else having this issue?

I've done the old ipconfig /flushdns, net stop dnscache, net start dnscache and kicked my modem a few times etc etc.

Mine finally started to work just now and yes its switching between the two. starts on new site when DNS just flushed, then bout 5 mins later it goes back to the announcement :(

MxPx VL 01-06-11 00:20

I still don't have it at home, I'm with tpg, using my phone right now to work out why?

Cocopopz 01-06-11 07:25

now I really got the s,hit on now, tried to log on this morning and it takes me back to the old site again. I tries ipcconfig thingy but still nothing. At least I got twenty minutes on ct. This needs to be resolved as ct on my phone is uber crap.

Bax 01-06-11 08:46

Lol, I'm still struggling, with home and work connections

SHIZNT 01-06-11 09:01

Nothing Steve can do... host file has been updated but pointer record isn't up to date on the ISP's DNS servers. It usually takes 48hours for ISP's DNS servers to propergate.