calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   South Australia (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rolling Guards ?? (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180161)

-pumba- 07-11-09 22:00

Rolling Guards ??

hey boys and girls. wanna get my rear guards rolled (well think im gonna have to) but dunno how I should go about it, if I should try do it myself, or get someone to do it. anyone done it themselves successfully without cracking paint that is noticeable, as in only cracked paint on inside of guard??
heard something about a guy that comes to you in Adelaide and does it but dunno what he would charge or if he can do it without cracking paint.

vltnitron 08-11-09 09:02

it will crack paint, i wouldn't worry about it intill you have to respray car

-pumba- 08-11-09 10:12

i have heard of people doing it with minimum paint crack like you cant notice from the out side. i think i need to to fit my 18s that i wanna put on. and i dont really fancy giving the car a full respray

sir calais 09-11-09 07:23

aces high white walls did mine

NZ EVLHSV 09-11-09 07:40

I've done it myself on my past 3 cars with great end results. I heat up the gaurd lip with a heat gun and tap it with a rubber mallet. Take your time and you should be ok

In fact I've had better results doing that way than the retards did with their fancy bolt on the hub guard roller

JET_VLC 09-11-09 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
I've done it myself on my past 3 cars with great end results. I heat up the gaurd lip with a heat gun and tap it with a rubber mallet. Take your time and you should be ok

In fact I've had better results doing that way than the retards did with their fancy bolt on the hub guard roller

yeh i did mine the same way...but i got a rubber block shaped to the inside of the guard an hit with a mallet....plus the heat on the guard helps alot

Jeffo_vlt 09-11-09 09:13

I got my guards done at Tyrepower Blackwood. Except they didnt roll them, they just used a sledgehammer to bash them out...

Lesson learnt, take it straight to someone who knows what there doing, like Doyle Crash!

abrowne70 09-11-09 17:10

Take them to Aces high white wall service 0403 913 276

-pumba- 09-11-09 22:31

ended up doing the rears myself. just went around with a hammer and a solid piece of metal on the outside wrapped in a rag. came out really well. still need to get the part where the 2 parts of the guard join together if you get what i mean. its double the thickness obviously and a lot harder to do. that's all it scrubs on now on the odd occasion. didn't crack any of the paint on the out side only a little bit on the inside but that doesn't fuss me.

korey 06-10-14 21:08

Hi guys I am renting out a guard rolling machine and a heat gun for $60 a day I am located in Pakenham 0432614863

calaist5 07-10-14 17:26

Definitely worth the drive man
Bargain