calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   New South Wales (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Best Kebabs in Sydney (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=113405)

INFLYT 10-07-07 23:48

Best Kebabs in Sydney

Seeing as though the Mexican's have got their own Kebab thread, I thought I'd throw one up to see where people think the best Kebabs are in Sydney.
The first option is T.C Brothers in Bankstown.
The second option is Brothers in Banksia.
The third option is Other sweaty Kebab vendors in and around Sydney.

;)

CI-1968 11-07-07 00:12

out of those 3 id say tc brothers but the "youros shop" illaworra road marrickville near the wollies make the best yueros and theres also a top place in guildford on guildford road near the chemist i think there tops to...good threat btw

INFLYT 11-07-07 00:21

Ah yes, Victoria Yeeros is the one in Marrickville.
T.C Brothers get's my vote, as they "pack 'em sick", and don't fark around skimping on ingredient's.

CI-1968 11-07-07 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by INFLYT
Ah yes, Victoria Yeeros is the one in Marrickville.
T.C Brothers get's my vote, as they "pack 'em sick", and don't fark around skimping on ingredient's.

nah man victoria yeeros is on practicly the corner of marrickville road n victoria road marrickville the "yeeros shop" is on illaworra road (where marrickville station is) next the the woolies trust me man go there and ull forget about victoria yeeros.....also smokey joes at the end of new canterbury road near hurlston park maccaz used to be good but they changed owners so they eat ball juice now

PGibbo 11-07-07 00:31

boris kebabs at crows nest

none of this ali barba bull****

or better still the food poison hive of a kebab shop on george st near maloneys and star bar that tiny booth

_VL_TuRb0 11-07-07 02:08

the yeeros shop on illwaorra road is the best love there food

yellow747 11-07-07 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by CI-1968
nah man victoria yeeros is on practicly the corner of marrickville road n victoria road marrickville the "yeeros shop" is on illaworra road (where marrickville station is) next the the woolies trust me man go there and ull forget about victoria yeeros.....also smokey joes at the end of new canterbury road near hurlston park maccaz used to be good but they changed owners so they eat ball juice now

victoria kebabs in marrakville il have to admit is my favourite kebabs in sydney an then brothers kebabs in aubrun, t.c bros are ok but ive has bad expeirence there an im always near there my uncle owns the fishing tackle shop few shops down he sure does pack it but sometimes it isnt right for some reason but there pizza is very nice. But sorry boys an girls to break your hearts melb kebabs kick asssss like theres no competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CI-1968
out of those 3 id say tc brothers but the "youros shop" illaworra road marrickville near the wollies make the best yueros and theres also a top place in guildford on guildford road near the chemist i think there tops to...good threat btw

thats local for me when im in syd you cant go wrong with guildford sofra very nice. but a proper kebab is lamb meat not beef which is mostly used around sydney theres a biggg diffrence yeeros is usaully lamb and dont ever say kebab at a greek yeeros place lol they will give you dirtys an he'll go no this 1 yeeros no kebab this 1 lol but yea.

OMY30L 11-07-07 05:45

Brothers at Banksia!! Good kebab there.

Last time I went to that Yeeros shop at Marrickville... i bought some chips as well - looked like the scraps you throw to seagulls. Tasted like it too.

Sydney kebab goes alright aswell (Hume Hwy, Bankstown)

Cam's kebabs on Hoxton Park Rd make a good one aswell.

The kebab joint in Ashfield plaza is pretty sad, they just threw the kebab in the bag - no paper/foil to roll it up, just into the little kebab bag!

The WORST kebab in AUSTRALIA - Ali Baba, Lyneham (near summernats in Canberra). I had one, tasted like dried meat on cardboard. Got back to my motel after nearly ****ting my pants in the car and spent the next hour backin it out.

EAT-30T 11-07-07 09:13

Your gonna have to change the thread title to best Kebab/yeeros just so the Greeks don't get upset :)

My favourite joint in the whole Sydney would be Jasmin resturant in Lakembanon followed by Yeeros Shop and then ole faithful TC Bro's...

oh yeah and I gotta agree with OMY30L Ali baba is f*cking junk.... PERIOD.. worst sh*t ever.

ATMO_BT1 11-07-07 09:18

Kebab world deewhy. Narraweena is also not bad

ps Yeeros is gross

revneck 11-07-07 09:22

lets change this forums name to kebabturbo.com,god knows half the theads are about kebabs.
bloody ethnics

EAT-30T 11-07-07 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by revneck
bloody ethnics

They would equate to more than half the members on here I'm sure......your point? :)

ATMO_BT1 11-07-07 09:26

i'm not ethnic, however i do consider myself a Kebab enthusiast.

EAT-30T 11-07-07 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1
i'm not ethnic, however i do consider myself a Kebab enthusiast.

then I would be a connoiseur :D

INFLYT 11-07-07 09:31

Agreed with the Ali Baba comment's. Had one from the Ali Baba Canberra City store, and a couple of hour's later I was vomiting and doing a dyno run at the same time :mad:

-RUWET- 11-07-07 09:33

Quote:

Kebab world deewhy. Narraweena is also not bad

ps Yeeros is gross

narraweena is aweosme but it is massive so u gotta be in the mood. but yeah sams at narraweena is prob the best

there is one at north sydney that I go to that is good.

market city is where I go when I'm at tafe and they have pretty good kebabs as well

ive had a couple from ali baba in canberra and they are OK but very small and just dont taste right? its like a fastfood version of kebab which just isnt right. I dun wanna see some 13 yr old red head kid making my kebab

da_s_man 11-07-07 09:35

kebabturbo.com.au .... hahahahahahha

My favourite would have to be Victoria Yeeros as mentioned already, although I haven't tried the other two options. I used to go to The Yeeros Shop but found Victoria Yeeros and it shat on it.

My mate went down to Melbourne and said the Yeeros/Kebabs down there **** on anything up here...nothing compared to over in Greece he says tho.

revneck 11-07-07 09:36

ali baba dont use real camel.

INFLYT 11-07-07 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RUWET-
narraweena is aweosme but it is massive so u gotta be in the mood. but yeah sams at narraweena is prob the best

there is one at north sydney that I go to that is good.

market city is where I go when I'm at tafe and they have pretty good kebabs as well

ive had a couple from ali baba in canberra and they are OK but very small and just dont taste right? its like a fastfood version of kebab which just isnt right. I dun wanna see some 13 yr old red head kid making my kebab

LOL, so you'd prefer to have a fatter, sweatier version of "Chemical Ali" make a Kebab for you? :p

ATMO_BT1 11-07-07 09:42

there is a really good one just off the Horsley drive as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by INFLYT
LOL, so you'd prefer to have a fatter, sweatier version of "Chemical Ali" make a Kebab for you? :p

if he isn't fat, sweaty, unshaven and wearing a filthy shirt, i get a bit suss that maybe they've been bought out by some big company :p

Dazza102 11-07-07 09:45

Manly in the northen beaches had some good kebab stores, they got 2 next to eachother and be fucked which ones good and which one was dodgy....

Ballarat has the best tho... Village Kebab House, they moved from the Marsh to Bridge Mall in Ballarat... they use proper turkish bread baked fresh every day... mmm

EAT-30T 11-07-07 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_s_man
My mate went down to Melbourne and said the Yeeros/Kebabs down there **** on anything up here...nothing compared to over in Greece he says tho.

Ditto that.... apparently you can get these real big long muth F*ckers with shish meat and fresh made bread in mexico... i mean melb.....

Only thing is everytime I'm in mexico I have to wine and dine the mrs... i am not allowed off the chain to get rotten drunk and end up in some seedy kebab joint...

Speaking of melb has anyone tried lord of the fries on flinders street? Its wrong on so many levels... :(

INFLYT 11-07-07 09:49

Quote:

there is a really good one just off the Horsley drive as well

if he isn't fat, sweaty, unshaven and wearing a filthy shirt, i get a bit suss that maybe they've been bought out by some big company :p

Horsley Drive, Smithfield? That would be Tommy's. Either there, or T.C's is a good place to stop for a feed on Wednesday night's after a W.S.I.D street meet.
I agree, I couldn't trust some shmick carnt to make a Kebab for me, it would just feel too healthy. :p

da_s_man 11-07-07 09:51

Well when I finally do make a trip down to Mexico all ill be doing is getting off my face and testing out the kebab scene, hahaha.

EAT-30T 11-07-07 09:52

Lets see if Steve..(Sirgeo) will put this up for a day just as a joke...

Enjoy :D