calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   New Zealand (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   NZ - VL drag scene (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=169910)

SIKVLT 02-07-09 06:20

NZ - VL drag scene
 
Hey guys been trying to find some info on 1/4 times for VLs in NZ found one down south did a 15.2 notsure if it was Turbo I know there's one or to NZCT guys gone down the strip so -

what was your

Times
Mods
Date

Can be n/a Turbo v8 or other needs to be a VL though

Cheers Mike


EDIT ... We will do a rough hitlist of NZ VL's

1st -- Brent thurlow ------------ 11.5/120mph RB30et auto sedan

2nd --Hayden (PSIWPN) --------- 11.795/116mph RB30et auto sedan

3rd -- Matt -------------------- 12.95/184kph (114mph) RB26dett manual sedan
4th -- Kris (RIPSV8)----------- 13.2/113 mph RB30et manual sedan
5th -- Danny Katterns (UNONT2)-- 13.3/107 mph RB30et manual sedan
6th -- Andrew Johnstone --------- 13.55/111 mph RB30et sedan
7th -- Jason Thurlow -------------13.6/? mph RB30et manual sedan
8th -- Issac --------------------- 14.42/? mph RB25det manual sedan
9th -- Kelvin Norrie (DOSEIT)------ 14.46/? mph RB30et manual sedan
10th -- Nick---------------------- 14.539/ 98.68 mph 308 v8 manual sedan
11th -- Dave --------------------- 14.6/ ? mph RB30E supercharged auto sedan
12th -- vlndet ------------------- 14.924/ ? mph 308 v8 auto wagon
13th -- Kelvin Norrie (SIKVLT) -----15.07/ 90.77mph RB30et manual wagon

NZ EVLHSV 02-07-09 07:10

I wanted to take mine, but just never had the time. I'd guess a stock VLT would do high 14s - low 15s??

NZ_BT1 02-07-09 07:33

Richard who owned my car before me showed me a slip for my BT1 for 13secs when it was auto

my old SL had a slip for 14.9

Also Neil did a 13 about 10 years ago in that other white BT1 and it was auto as well

ss nut 02-07-09 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ_BT1
Richard who owned my car before me showed me a slip for my BT1 for 13secs when it was auto

my old SL had a slip for 14.9

Also Neil did a 13 about 10 years ago in that other white BT1 and it was auto as well

Post the slip up please.
I set up the drags here at the top of the south(motueka)And I have to say that times get really get put out there.14 sec's become 12 or 13 sec's if your car is say getting 12 to 13 sec's that is quite fast(over the 160 k mark)we have 4 meets a year and invite the boy so called racers in there 600 horse cars:p and hardly anyone turns up to prove there cars.Why thats becouse when the clutch drops the bull shyte stops!they don't like being timed.I think the truth hurts.We get heaps of cars doing the 14 to 16 bracket,But who cares as long it is even racing,Nobody wants to see a 14 sec car against a 10 sec.If you get a chance get out and do it(on the track)it's fun to watch and it keeps it off the street!

Cheers Marty
ps I've taken a dihatsu teris down as well as a sheep shagger as well as the old brock.All slow bt fun!

UNONT2 02-07-09 16:19

hayden has been down,did a 14 i think,(correct me if im wrong)i have seen a couple of vls at meremere

NZ EVLHSV 02-07-09 16:21

The best I could get on my G-Tech was 14.3 with 250rwkw on the streets :p Not enough traction

UNONT2 02-07-09 16:23

brent did a 13.6 with my motor in his brothers car

NZ_BT1 02-07-09 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss nut
Post the slip up please.
I set up the drags here at the top of the south(motueka)And I have to say that times get really get put out there.14 sec's become 12 or 13 sec's if your car is say getting 12 to 13 sec's that is quite fast(over the 160 k mark)we have 4 meets a year and invite the boy so called racers in there 600 horse cars:p and hardly anyone turns up to prove there cars.Why thats becouse when the clutch drops the bull shyte stops!they don't like being timed.I think the truth hurts.We get heaps of cars doing the 14 to 16 bracket,But who cares as long it is even racing,Nobody wants to see a 14 sec car against a 10 sec.If you get a chance get out and do it(on the track)it's fun to watch and it keeps it off the street!

Cheers Marty
ps I've taken a dihatsu teris down as well as a sheep shagger as well as the old brock.All slow bt fun!


I havnt done it myslef...was just what Richard showed me the day I picked up the car
4 meets a year.............see thats why its done on the street :p it neeeds to be EVERY weekend at night time......bring back the weekend night drags at ruapuna.....dad used to take me as a kid......oh thats right the tossa residents stopped it because they suck... id go everytime I could if it was night time drags :)

Heres a VL turbo from down south

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DragSlip.jpg

ss nut 02-07-09 16:47

Seen that car annnnd it is not quite standed.
At Ruapuna the MAIN reason they stopped doing the weekend thing WAS becouse no one was turning up.They all wanted to be seen down in Columbo street,Why I know is becouse we spent weeks(Friday nites) being there and setting it up.We we did the poll we had heap of inquires,But then you had clowns turning up in unregistered cars(no warrents)so it was hopeless.At the moment we are trying to get a permanat venue which can be used most weekends,But that means appox 5 mil.But that will cover carts,MX as well as saloon.But with every sport we neeed the support.Out of the 4 meeting 2 are national titles.

SIKVLT 02-07-09 17:36

I'm hoping to give the wagon a run down the 1/4 before the intercooler just for fun see what it does
What did kris do in the old RIPv8s ?

PSIWPN NZ 02-07-09 18:02

i did a 14.638 at 150.41kmh on the 21/11/2008 and yeah you already know my mods nothing special really. hopefully 10s soon haha probably more like 11s but guess ill just have to wait and see what this new car will be capable of

NZ_GTS 02-07-09 18:50

the cold weather plays havoc with the track surface (well at Meremere anyway), gets way too slippery and no-one can get decent launches, hell its slippery enough at the best of times!. One of the reasons there aren't drags all year round. But seriously, something does need to be done to help keep it off the streets. Stops us car enthusiasts getting a bad name from the idiots out there.

NZ_BT1 02-07-09 18:57

Oh im the first to admit.....its still a fun atmosphere when it happens on the street in an industrial estate or something away from harms way

UNONT2 02-07-09 19:08

kris did a 13.5 i think

NZ_GTS 02-07-09 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ_BT1
Oh im the first to admit.....its still a fun atmosphere when it happens on the street in an industrial estate or something away from harms way

bl00dy feral christchurchians - always going too far ;) must be somethin in the water down there!
anyways, off topic, but aaron do you know if any NZ cars came out with the small armrests for front doors? same as the ones on the rear doors, but without ashtrays. Pretty sure BT1s had em, but any others?

ANK 02-07-09 19:20

u guys have not run a 10?

NZ_BT1 02-07-09 19:20

haha me and my brother have small front arm rests on our front doors :p and to my knowledge no new zealand models came out with them JELEOUS MUCH HUH lol :p

Christchurch knows how to party thats all :p

SIKVLT 02-07-09 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANK
u guys have not run a 10?

No VL has although there is afew around that could do it - remember not many genuine VLTs came to NZ so we don't have the numbers or work shops backing us but since the "drift" scene has come more people are looking at RB30s albeit putting DOHC heads on them :rolleyes:

NZ_GTS 02-07-09 19:30

meh, I was thinkin that if they were common I would replace my rear ones with ashtray-less ones. Not to worry, dyeing them black anyway - at least then the ashtray will be the same colour as the armrest!

No 10 second VLs in NZ to my knowledge. But we are home to the worlds fastest RB30...
http://ripsracing.com

ANK 02-07-09 19:39

rips seem to be good the cnut can charge but!!!

rayglass over there is doing amazing in pro turbo 6.7 or 6.6 in there 2j machine

NZ_GTS 02-07-09 19:48

haha, true, but their workmanship is top notch. Must be doin somethin right - they get cars sent to their workshop from all over the world. The black skyline on his website belongs to a well known English rugby player. I was at his workshop a few months back, he had just finished work on a mega dollar RB engine bound for the UK, can't remember for sure but think it was an RB33... no expense spared...

NZ_BT1 02-07-09 19:48

And dont forget we also have the 4wd record as seen here :p stolen from HKS I beleive....and we even did it on an aussie strip :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXo2VoWdVJc

http://www.ripsltd.com/images/Galler...0line%20up.jpg

http://www.ripsltd.com/images/Galler...hoot%20020.jpg

http://www.ripsltd.com/images/Galler...gine%20Bay.jpg

http://www.ripsltd.com/images/Galler...-R%20Turbo.jpg

http://www.ripsltd.com/images/Galler...2034%20011.jpg

UNONT2 03-07-09 16:31

was for johny wilkinson

NEM SS 03-07-09 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKVLT
I'm hoping to give the wagon a run down the 1/4 before the intercooler just for fun see what it does
What did kris do in the old RIPv8s ?


The fastest that my old VL ( RIPV8S ) did was a 13.2 sec with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear wheel spin and 113mph which should be a low 12 , 60 foot times where in the 1.7sec which is good for 5speed. But the last few meetings that I did with the new tune it would over fuel at the top end and lose power, In Ozzy 286rwkw would get you a high 11 sec time on their drag strips.
Does anyone know if it ended up being sold by that guy on trade me?
Cheers Kris

NZ_BT1 03-07-09 17:36

Dont know Kris...............the car seems to have vanished.....havnt herd anything about it for a while......it was looking a bit sad on it last time I seen it

SIKVLT 03-07-09 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEM SS
The fastest that my old VL ( RIPV8S ) did was a 13.2 sec with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear wheel spin and 113mph which should be a low 12 , 60 foot times where in the 1.7sec which is good for 5speed. But the last few meetings that I did with the new tune it would over fuel at the top end and lose power, In Ozzy 286rwkw would get you a high 11 sec time on their drag strips.
Does anyone know if it ended up being sold by that guy on trade me?
Cheers Kris

Hey Kris longtime -RIPV8S or now L9MEUP was not sold he kept it and is now doing a rebuild he wants 300+

NEM SS 03-07-09 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKVLT
Hey Kris longtime -RIPV8S or now L9MEUP was not sold he kept it and is now doing a rebuild he wants 300+


Well all he had to do was turn up the boost everything was there to handle and make 350 rwkw, but i would rebuild the motor before boost going above the 16 psi i had which made 286 rwkw the GT35/40 was only just starting to work If he went to around 20-22 psi he would easily go above what he wants.
Hope it goes well for him, hope to see it on the road again
Cheers Kris

ss nut 03-07-09 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ_BT1
Oh im the first to admit.....its still a fun atmosphere when it happens on the street in an industrial estate or something away from harms way


Yeah the 4 young fella's Down south thought the same thing early this morning.Now there are 3,and the last one is't to good!Gotta feel for the family's.The only good thing is they did't involve any other innocent person on the street.

NZ_BT1 03-07-09 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss nut
Yeah the 4 young fella's Down south thought the same thing early this morning.Now there are 3,and the last one is't to good!Gotta feel for the family's.The only good thing is they did't involve any other innocent person on the street.


Im not going to start on this topic I will say this once.......3 young people killed in a freak accident that were teens...ok tragic yes it is its not good at all BUT...
How many middle aged people are killed on the roads every year in accidents :) bear that in mind.

also there are drink drivers which tend to be middle aged people again...so im sorry but its not a 1 way street here...everyone over the whole is guilty of doing something silly....weather its doing burnouts in industrial estates.....speeding on the open road to pass etc.......driving drunk or under the influence of drugs etc so im sorry I wont accept the full point of the finger at street racers :) thats my piece

And here is a figure graphs to back up what I have said :) not being smart im just putting across my point


http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/RB30E/2-29.jpg

4sakenvl 03-07-09 20:21

think it can happen to any one i used to drive at crazy races n speeds at that age just luck of draw who gets caught or crashes n pays the price i guess. Have lost a mate few yrs back who chose to drink n drive. So yer can happen to any one i guess any age or situation

NZ_BT1 03-07-09 20:41

^^exactly right.....and ive seen some pretty irrisponsable "grown ups" around........just look at the age of some of the kids roaming the streets at nights or daytime example photo here seen in hastings......................

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC02636.jpg

the sooner people stop narrowing in on the easy target of teens in cars the better.....take a look at themselves.....one can almost quite safely say more than 60 percent of them went angels in there youth!!!!!

As the older parents say "its not worth it aye" mmmmmmm where have I herd that line before lol that rings a bell :p

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/smoking1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/smoking2.jpg


Remmember life is fun....your only young once....so party hard and have fun and hopefully you come out the other end shinning

like this idiot seen here hehe wounder who he is lol
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...0E/Hellen1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC02711.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/DSC02713.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...E/IM000179.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...B30E/11111.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture004.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...AaronsArse.jpg

They are just jeleous that the car scene wasnt that fun back in there day hehehe :p :p :p :p :p because they had things like this hehehehe


http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...xi_beige_1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ss_420x284.jpg



And lastly some cops arnt to flash at driving either lol
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...50143_9319.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/RB30E/3-5.jpg

SIKVLT 03-07-09 20:44

Can we keep this on topic there is a "Chat" thread !

NZ_BT1 03-07-09 20:45

yes sir

NZ_bt1vlt 04-07-09 10:57

haha he police has scissor rear doors ***n pig!

Irontusk 04-07-09 21:15

Does anyone else understand Aaron's chart or am I just too drunk? The first 2 columns make sense, but then there is alternatives for the same 2 years..

Anyway, according to the statistics, the safest choice of travel is to ride pillion on a bike, anyone feel like a ride? :p And after today it looks like I'm about to have spare gear, ****in' awesome :D Now I just need a bigger bike that doesn't feel like such a pig with the weight of 2 people on it..

SIKVLT 05-07-09 06:18

Is anyone apart from Hayden planning on doing the 1/4 ?

UNONT2 05-07-09 08:00

yep i am definatly

NZ VL com 05-07-09 14:38

want to but wont be ready for a while yet
wanted to do it in the old SC but no balls

NZ_BT1 05-07-09 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKVLT
Is anyone apart from Hayden planning on doing the 1/4 ?


I am thats why Ive purchased Brents trans with transbrake :)

NEM SS 06-07-09 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NZ_BT1
I am thats why Ive purchased Brents trans with transbrake :)

Good option but not a BT1 option?


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger