calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   VL Turbo Discussion (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   # OFFICIAL # SA BOYS COMING TO HEATHCOTE. OCT 3rd in DRAG (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=171995)

XCHASE 28-07-09 01:10

# OFFICIAL # SA BOYS COMING TO HEATHCOTE. OCT 3rd in DRAG

Ok Guys it has been amongst a lot of our conversations here in SA as to whether we come over again for a big weekend of Drag racing and drinkin!!

So ive decided to post up that its looking pretty good that we will be coming to the SC nationals.

There's been a few changes recently around here and a few more quality cars are coming out of the woodwork and people in SA have been continuing the modifications to get those better times.

So this is it. We all had a great time when we came over last time so lets go again.

Copied from SC. Hope you dont mind the extra promotion.

That's right folks, the 2009 Street Commodores Holden Drag Nationals is teaming up with the Victorian Cruise for Charity 6!

That means we've brought the date of the VIC Cruise forward 1 day to Saturday October 3, 2009, however it means we've gained so much more in return.

Already a sizeable drag racing event, the 2009 Holden Drag Nats is set to explode with over 1000 Commodores and 5000 spectators descending upon the Heathcote Park Raceway facility for some of the hottest Holden-only drag racing action in the country.

The Cruise for Charity 6 event is still COMMODORE ONLY, however the Drag Nats is open to ALL Holdens. It is expected at this early stage for racing to extend over the Saturday AND the Sunday for the finals

So SA who's Keen???

We pretty much know all of Vic's going. :D

TURBZ 28-07-09 01:23

Fark ease up on the colours chafe haha. :D

Im keen, Not racing though.

Also entry forms ect; http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/s...dores_09.shtml

tubbed1 28-07-09 02:34

im there...

Tuurbo 28-07-09 03:45

gonna be a massive weekend. good luck getting a run though. personally think it's a stupid idea with that many cars. especially when you consider the place crapped itself with the last test a tune we all went to. 5 times as many cars for this one?? I missed last years nationals but raced at the one before that. was a great event but having 2nd thoughts about this one.

GMHBT1 28-07-09 14:36

i agree with tuurbro i think its a bad idea because if you thought the waiting que was rediculous last time then goodluck this time round.

would be better to just have a full on booked out vl day because the ls1 boys cars alone will number in the hundreds and you woulndt want to come all this way to race only to be turned back because entrant numbers are full.

MUS 28-07-09 15:06

Good points gents, but it will be fun.. But either way it should be a good day :D cant wait..

DUF588 28-07-09 16:51

Can u Get it for to days

Blink 28-07-09 18:15

lol Huge.

Im keen, but dont think I will be racing.

GMHBT1 28-07-09 18:44

my personal opinion would be to see if it can be booked for the day after ls1 nationals that way you can sink piss and watch the ls1 boys go hard at it the day before the next day the vl boys go hard at it which makes a whole weekend of racing or vice versa around for days.

XCHASE 28-07-09 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMHBT1
my personal opinion would be to see if it can be booked for the day after ls1 nationals that way you can sink piss and watch the ls1 boys go hard at it the day before the next day the vl boys go hard at it which makes a whole weekend of racing or vice versa around for days.

Yeah i thought about that. But i think that there is a test and tune the day before LS1 nationals anyway so there should be a chance to get a few runs.

If theres enough interest in a #CALAIS TURBO NATIONALS# day later in the year let me know and i will look into it. :D

5spdvl 28-07-09 19:02

Ohhhhhh Steve.....you just outdid yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCHASE
#CALAIS TURBO NATIONALS#

Why has this never been suggested before?

BTW I'll be there. :)

mulkers 29-07-09 10:54

Calaisturbo nationals would be a winner. just wait until i get one of my cars ready :P

FORZA 29-07-09 11:08

People have talked about a vlt only day for years, theres been about 3 threads trying to get one up and running but nothing ever comes of it

CT Nats would be crazy and would pull some massive numbers for sure if someone actually organised it

and yer dont expect to get a run on the c4c day if you'se are coming to race

ANK 29-07-09 11:47

there where vlt drag says every friday at calder from 2003 -2005 then it went to poo poo

[HAMOUD] 29-07-09 17:33

im hoping to have my LE out for a play with the new box and suspension setup in it...we will see how the good old heathcote track holds up with a sydney special gearbox...oopps have i said to much...**** track but we will see how we go.

ANK 29-07-09 17:39

sydney spec gearbox lol they had one first champ just never fitted it lets hope ben has fun with the new box

[HAMOUD] 29-07-09 17:50

what are u on about i clearly wrote MY LE. theres a discount at opsm for glasses

ANK 29-07-09 17:58

dont get to smart haamoud you putting a clutchless in your car are we

safeway or coles also sell shavers so you can give your self a bit of a clean up

[HAMOUD] 29-07-09 18:10

not saying what im putting in untill she hits the track...bit of a g up...

also i got plenty to buy razors..just like to look like a man with a neatly trimmed beard andrew king. anyway suck me off.

ANK 29-07-09 18:14

you really think its all a joke ay

XCHASE 29-07-09 18:23

Anyway back on topic
Quote:

Originally Posted by FORZA
CT Nats would be crazy and would pull some massive numbers for sure if someone actually organised it

Hold your breath. Im looking into it and soon. Would there be interest in doing it later this year?? Im trying to sort it out very very soon. :D

This would be Austwide invite for VL's and VLTs only. Held at Heathcote.

RB2GO 30-07-09 08:03

For sure

Weezy 30-07-09 08:19

I'll be coming over for the party and grabbing lots and lots of photos with my new camera guys :D