calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   Queensland (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GRUNTER moving to Brisbane (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=269357)

grunter01 20-05-13 19:19

GRUNTER moving to Brisbane

Hi you dirty Queenslanders!!! im moving up to brisbane in the next 2 weeks as i purchased a site at swanbank. I know absolutely no one up there and have no idea what to do or where to go for fun..... I will be bringing up my vl once it get the engine rebuilt and shell finished and wouldnt mind taking it out for drives and try and give you 8sec vl blokes a run for your money down as the track if i can get the ******* to hook up. Anyways Looking at renting a house for 6 months around the site somewhere till i figure out a nice place to buy so even nice places to buy would be handy to know also.... If people are interested in doing anything from going out for a drive, racing, dirt bike riding, shooting or going out for a few beers just hit me up as im keen to meet people up there and be shown around.... I was laughing typing this as it sounds like a date site ad haha

Kirk 0410757949

Duke57TT 20-05-13 19:37

No kissing on the first date mate haha

251NFL 20-05-13 19:38

Kirk if u wanna go mx riding let me know once ya here...also my opinion is to try and stick to the north side of Brisbane...if u need a workshop hook up let me know also...and last but not least...u will be HEAVILY disappointed with the street scene here...non of the fairies on here race on streets anymore prob for good reason but yeah not many tough cars out on streets and almost NO vl's...pretty sure only Scotty drives his on streets regulary

Let me know bout anything 0412169376 - Neno

grunter01 20-05-13 19:39

i will come out of the closet for you luke haha

osk 20-05-13 20:54

north side of brisbane is full of ****wits :)

251NFL 20-05-13 22:18

Hmmmm i wouldn't say full...there's some...whereas they breed on the south side ;)

FATMAN 21-05-13 00:55

northside represent! lol

swanbank, looks like you'll be in the middle of bum**** no where, close to qld raceway and willowbank tho, also close to such nice places as brown plains (stains) inala, ipswich, logan etc. what's happening at this new qld site? environmental and waste stuff?

grunter01 21-05-13 07:46

I bought 2 of the old coal mine holes up there that used to supply the power station there. I am turning them into landfills... Got 30 years of work there so need to find a nice location to buy up there.. Also will be looking for operators soon once set up.
Thoughs areas I take it arnt the nicest places? I'm looking at renting in Springfield lakes ATM...

PROGMH 21-05-13 09:42

Sounds like you know what you're doing grunter, well done.

251NFL 21-05-13 10:25

Springfield lakes is fairly new...problem is houses are all right on top of each other...another problem is its 40 mins to the city

Positive would be that there is a caltex e85 there and qld moto park is not far and neither is willobank

Another negative is that sometimes people from Ipswich go there because they get lost when they are on their paint sniffing missions ;)

grunter01 21-05-13 11:11

Springfield lakes is only tempory till find a house to buy

InsaneVL 21-05-13 12:17

Good luck keeping a VL on the road in QLD - seems everyone keeps breaking or taking them off the road all the time lol, it's a rarity that there's more than 1 VL from here on the road. No wonder there hasn't been a ct cruise in Brisbane for several years...

FATMAN 21-05-13 12:32

Springfield lakes is good, what qualifications does an operator need?

vanstrien 21-05-13 16:43

Hahaha this is true Neno lol

And also keen to know what you need in the way of qualifications ect as I'm recently unemployed (I quit).
Yeah as said you don't see many vl's on the road at one time but before goran (MYT16) went on his vacation we both had our vl's at Munchies (acacia ridge) it's like an African safari up here with vl's, make sure you have your camera ready if you get a glimpse of the rare species lol

mIsS VL 21-05-13 17:51

Im so down for a cruise if my car is done before 2018.

northside is for poofs.

251NFL 21-05-13 20:02

I dont even see POS vl's on the road...not even standard ones...this is chev badge ve country unfortunately...one thing that's pretty cool is we all know each other not that we go out anywhere in a pack as there is always no more than 1 or 2 running....

grunter01 21-05-13 20:13

Well that's gay about having the cars not running, and I did notice all the Ve commodores around... As for operators they will need to have tickets for the machines or exp before on them before I will look at hiring them. Got dozers, excavators, dump trucks, waste compactors and so on....

---------- Post added 21-05-13 at 20:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneVL (Post 3013597)
Good luck keeping a VL on the road in QLD - seems everyone keeps breaking or taking them off the road all the time lol, it's a rarity that there's more than 1 VL from here on the road. No wonder there hasn't been a ct cruise in Brisbane for several years...

Yeah I know and I'm one of them, wanna just fix it once and for all now and
Drive the thing

251NFL 21-05-13 20:48

When will u need guys kirk I got a mate with dump truck experience who's out of work atm

grunter01 22-05-13 07:48

i am starting to move equipment up there this weekend but will put up here when i will start getting people to apply for the positions...

vanstrien 22-05-13 08:18

Hmmm will go see today if you have to have 2 arms to drive a dump truck, i can steer a 9 sec vl but i bet there will be some bull**** to say i cant drive an auto truck :S fml

mIsS VL 30-05-13 09:04

I wanna drive dump trucks also!

grunter01 30-05-13 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanstrien (Post 3013768)
Hmmm will go see today if you have to have 2 arms to drive a dump truck, i can steer a 9 sec vl but i bet there will be some bull**** to say i cant drive an auto truck :S fml

i have no idea to be honest but i dont care if you have one arm as long as the job gets done it doesnt worry me.

---------- Post added 30-05-13 at 09:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mIsS VL (Post 3015015)
I wanna drive dump trucks also!

to be honest females are the best dump truck drivers as they look after the equipment better then the males...

PWR 747 30-05-13 11:18

lol, you'll be employing half of the qld ct section at this rate.

Welcome to Qld too mate

gold-vlt 30-05-13 15:15

haha I'll have a job too thanks. I get no work when it rains with my job!

PWR 747 30-05-13 16:37

all vl work carpark! oh hang on nobody has running cars ):