calaisturbo.com.au

calaisturbo.com.au (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/index.php)
-   ACT (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   The ACT Members Mini Thread........ (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=128213)

Duke57TT 18-01-08 12:10

The ACT Members Mini Thread........

Just cause where not special enough to have our own thread. I might just start one here...

So first off

Roll Call

Name : Luke J

Car/s: Silver VX SS - 87 VL BT1 Turbo

[FLY-BYE] 18-01-08 12:58

name: trent

car: 87 vl calais turbo, 88 vl calais, 84 vk

PLY-BOI 18-01-08 19:34

Name : Tom

Car/s: 93 Red VR berlina SS mockup

Snap 18-01-08 20:20

Name : Tim

Car/s: 87 White VL SL Turbo - almost running, 03 Yamaha R6

GR346 19-01-08 00:34

Name: Gareth

Car: Black VT Calais LS1

dimples 19-01-08 08:24

i consider myself as part of the ACT coz of the amount of u lads who inhabitate my town constantly lol

name: James

Car: 86 silver 2-tone vl berlina turbo; 94 VR Acclaim

xeturbo 19-01-08 08:37

Name: John

Car: White VL turbo, Blue FE LTD.

[FLY-BYE] 19-01-08 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeturbo
Name: John

Car: White VL turbo, Blue FE LTD.

was your car the blue ford with the vault wheels (i think) at summernats, always left on a trailer?

hmm well this ACT thread isnt going overly well so il post something to di with us canberra people, got this off RE-ACT and act mazda forum, newayz here it is, not me someone elses story

People BEWARE;
A plain clothes police car - Red VY Commodore - is antagonising motorists by tail gating them.
I think the hope is that you accelerate over the speed limit.
I just had the pleasure of his company as I was coming home from Belconnen.
I turned right with him crawling inside my boot in my old Rx4.
I changed into second and gave it a LITTLE sqirt, pulling into the gutter lane out of the way.
He barrelled past me, I kept to the speed limit of 80Km/h.
He was madly jotting something down at the next set of lights.

An Aquaintance at work had the very same experience turning onto the Barton Hwy at ****son. Same Commodore too I believe.
The Little worm wears his police issue "Baseball Cap" when driving.
I didn't realise he was a cop until I drove past and saw his cap otherwise I would have posted the registration plate

GR346 21-01-08 02:03

^^ I have heard of them doing that and bating people off the lights by edgind forward and revving the car - its bull**** and i would have thought entrapment imo. I s**t myself yesterday while coming down Ginninderra after cleaning the car at a mates place. I POS VN lined me up at the lights and i didnt bother off the line and he sped off, next thing i know a regular looking Jap bike lights up like a christmas tree and pulls it over. Plain "leather" police officer writes him up - i didnt know they had these too

Duke57TT 21-01-08 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR346
^^ I have heard of them doing that and bating people off the lights by edgind forward and revving the car - its bull**** and i would have thought entrapment imo. I s**t myself yesterday while coming down Ginninderra after cleaning the car at a mates place. I POS VN lined me up at the lights and i didnt bother off the line and he sped off, next thing i know a regular looking Jap bike lights up like a christmas tree and pulls it over. Plain "leather" police officer writes him up - i didnt know they had these too

Farkin hell.... I really should behave myself more often. We should organise a bit of a cruise one night maybe see if we can get some members attending??

Evbo-ACT 21-01-08 09:08

Name: Evan

Car: Bluey green vl sl (non turbo)

GR346 22-01-08 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke57TT
Farkin hell.... I really should behave myself more often. We should organise a bit of a cruise one night maybe see if we can get some members attending??

Yeah mate, im up for that. There are a couple of others on Street Commodores that could come too - good to put faces to names too

[FLY-BYE] 22-01-08 14:54

as you were saying with that plain clothes bike you never know what will happen and when there is a cop, i did an illegal u turn, and had to speed up to get into that lane and i was considering giving my car a massive hit and sliding it out around the u turn it was on southern cross dr, lucky i didnt as a highway patrol car came flying up behind me less than a min later and pulled my up

now i have no licence for being on the fone and speeding :(

but a mate of mines friend got done by a copper in a 180sx turbo with p plates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evbo-ACT
Name: Evan

Car: Bluey green vl sl (non turbo)

good to see another southsider on here haahah

dimples 23-01-08 05:55

anyone heading down to the bay this long weekend?

Duke57TT 23-01-08 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimples
anyone heading down to the bay this long weekend?

I was going to but, I just dont think I can bear the pain of the traffic and the greedos walking around in white singlets and kappa trackies on a 40degree day looking tough.

Quote:

Yeah mate, im up for that. There are a couple of others on Street Commodores that could come too - good to put faces to names too

No dramas at all. The VL is back at home, but I can bring the VX. Maybe not this weekend but the one after?

xeturbo 23-01-08 12:39

Quote:

was your car the blue ford with the vault wheels (i think) at summernats, always left on a trailer?
Yep that was my ford, I blew up the auto on saturday night, and yeah just wasnt game enough to drive it on the road.

GR346 24-01-08 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke57TT
No dramas at all. The VL is back at home, but I can bring the VX. Maybe not this weekend but the one after?

That sounds good, i presume you mean the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of Feb??
You north or southside btw??

[FLY-BYE] 24-01-08 07:32

Quote:

Yep that was my ford, I blew up the auto on saturday night, and yeah just wasnt game enough to drive it on the road.

ohhh ok you know brendan lees dont you, i was with him that weekend and he pointed the car out to me

Duke57TT 24-01-08 07:36

Quote:

That sounds good, i presume you mean the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of Feb??
You north or southside btw??

Yeah mate thats the one. North side.

GR346 25-01-08 00:56

^^ Nice, north side too. We'll aim for next weekend then.

Anyone else keen??

[FLY-BYE] 25-01-08 13:32

Quote:

^^ Nice, north side too. We'll aim for next weekend then.

Anyone else keen??

i would be, except your **** northside roads that look like 80k turn out to be 60 and you get done for speeding and lose your licence :mad: :mad: :mad:

GR346 25-01-08 23:25

haha - we can send someone to pick you up or can you get your mum to drop you off???

I thought Southern Cross was 80, where did you get done??

[FLY-BYE] 26-01-08 00:02

Quote:

haha - we can send someone to pick you up or can you get your mum to drop you off???

I thought Southern Cross was 80, where did you get done??

ummm i did a u turn from a major road i was comming out of higgins, and going back in, even worse i was going the wrong *** way lol was meant to be on ginni drive i think, going to charnwood hahah

edit: if tom (ply-boi) was going id just try jump in with him haha

xeturbo 29-01-08 19:57

would anyone have a good condition good working VL auto box for sale? ive only got 1st and reverse now and need something asap!

SLE-EZY 29-01-08 22:55

Name: Brendan

Ride/s: White VL Berlina [not running atm], and a Purple HQ tonner [loud as ****] haha!

Quote:

would anyone have a good condition good working VL auto box for sale? ive only got 1st and reverse now and need something asap!

Burnouts are bad johnny lol