View Full Version : Exhaust at SpringNats

ShakyT
27-11-06, 11:44
Hi guys

got done at SpringNats by the EPA for my exhaust

102db at 2,900 revs - and I need to get it to 90db

As there is no rear muffler, would just putting one in fix this - or is a standard setup too noisy as well???

VL HoWiE
27-11-06, 13:17
yeah d00d the rear muffler will slow it down a bit is your cat converter still intacted with all the honeycomb inside?

ShakyT
27-11-06, 14:36
yeah d00d the rear muffler will slow it down a bit is your cat converter still intacted with all the honeycomb inside?

Dunno,

was talking to the exhaust place today and they said they have had cars coming in all day as a result of the weekend

Some guys even had photos of their exhaust systems taken - and I did not get any paperwork to tell me what's wrong

seems they were pulling up cars on trailers and doing noise tests on them as well

My car has had work done on it by a local race car builder so I am presuming anything could be underneath.

Exhaust guy reckons he can sort it out so I will take it in after "Show us Your Wheels" this weekend.

ILLUSIV
28-11-06, 09:26
spewin... i didnt see your car round on sunday... I was there!

my cousin said he saw a walky on sat in town... yours?

mkw666
29-11-06, 14:05
[QUOTE=ShakyT]

seems they were pulling up cars on trailers and doing noise tests on them as well

QUOTE]
can they do that if a car is on a trailer and is not on the road??

Bax
29-11-06, 14:10
If it still had a rego sticker and plates I guess there would be no reason why they couldn't?

ShakyT
30-11-06, 08:06
spewin... i didnt see your car round on sunday... I was there!

my cousin said he saw a walky on sat in town... yours?

Yep

that would have been mine..........

before I was sent to the naughty corner........

Good news is that I am a hero in the eyes of my kids

Told them while we were getting tested to remember my golden rule - "what happens in the Walkinshaw - stays in the Walkinsaw"

BUt my daughter, in a moment of excitement - spilled her guts

Mum ain't real happy......

Quote of the night from Mum to my son " for God's sake Mitcham you know your father is a child when he gets near cars - especially that bloody Walkinshaw!!!!!"

Will be at the Numurkah Show this weekend as well...

ILLUSIV
30-11-06, 09:40
hahahah

I'm in Melb now, and heading back over the weekend, otherwise I would go.