View Full Version : anyone using a WOLF ecu with the WOLF boost control?

VLC-03T
11-10-06, 20:20
hey guys, im going to get my wolf installed soon, and i was looking at getting one of their boost control valves.
just want to know:

if you can adjust the boost via the hand control?
and how many different settings can you have, ie, dual stage?
does it use a switch to operate it, or does it just work through the hand control?

thanks
chris

Lukaz
11-10-06, 20:43
I'm using a wolf 3d ecu in my skyline, I have had no problems with it, except cold start wasn't the best with the initial tune, but that was only a quick tweak to fix. Apart from that the car runs like a dream. They arn't an easy ECU to tune as far as Im aware, you need to get it tuned by a well known wolf tuner.

SIK_3LT
12-10-06, 00:17
yes you control it from the hand control, i think you can have 3 controll setting s not sure. pm my mate RZA 30T his got a wolf 3d version 4 plus

Darryl
12-10-06, 22:00
Mine was set up using the Wolf and a Haltech solenoid(but any will do). It was tuned to the max boost I wanted and then I configured aux 1 to be an input and using a 0-5k pot from **** smith it is now fully adjustable .There are two tables that need to be set up in the wolf3d and you can make the adjuster add or subtract 50% off the set boost and any level in between.

VLC-03T
21-10-06, 10:21
Mine was set up using the Wolf and a Haltech solenoid(but any will do). It was tuned to the max boost I wanted and then I configured aux 1 to be an input and using a 0-5k pot from **** smith it is now fully adjustable .There are two tables that need to be set up in the wolf3d and you can make the adjuster add or subtract 50% off the set boost and any level in between.

so are they an electronic boost control, or just a solenoid.

iv already got a dual stage turbosmart boost solenoid, but if this one is electronic im definately upgrading

SIK_3LT
21-10-06, 11:01
electronic boost controll is controll by a solenoid. You wouldn't be able to use the turbosmart solenoid as its a different type of solenoid, it only switches the position from one chamber to another (high boost or low boost) whereas the other solenoid controls the angle (position) of the valve give it accuracy readings

poohkies
21-10-06, 22:01
i am very interested in this also, as the wolf web site said only up to 400hp

can u guys let me know what other brands i can use ?
or just keep with the wolf one?

VLC-03T
22-10-06, 12:53
hmm, ok, cause the pricing seems pretty fair at 100 bucks.

i think i might get one

Darryl
22-10-06, 21:16
hmm, ok, cause the pricing seems pretty fair at 100 bucks.

i think i might get one

Mine originally used a solenoid from the wreckers.Apparently the Japanese cars have a few of the solenoids used for various things that can be used and are probably only 5 bucks.They are just a 3 port solenoid that is pulsed by the ECU to control boost.This worked perfectly for a few years and then it stopped working on the dyno and because they were a Haltech dealer and had 1 handy ,that's why I now have a Haltech Solenoid for $100 but I don't notice any difference.

VLC-03T
23-10-06, 18:20
Mine originally used a solenoid from the wreckers.Apparently the Japanese cars have a few of the solenoids used for various things that can be used and are probably only 5 bucks.They are just a 3 port solenoid that is pulsed by the ECU to control boost.This worked perfectly for a few years and then it stopped working on the dyno and because they were a Haltech dealer and had 1 handy ,that's why I now have a Haltech Solenoid for $100 but I don't notice any difference.

interesting.... if anyone knows what make/model car one of these can be found, please let me know. thanks mate