View Full Version : SPRAY PAINTERS: question

VLC-03T
07-10-06, 14:39
hey, all i need to know is how long after a respray can i take my car through a car wash with the high powered spray?

this question is more intended to professional spraypainters.

thanks

Nusk
07-10-06, 16:19
really depends on how well the car was preped and painted, but IF everything was done right, probably 2weeks to a month just to be safe.

ur better off doing it by hand tho.

oh 2 pac or acrylic?

VLC-03T
07-10-06, 17:36
really depends on how well the car was preped and painted, but IF everything was done right, probably 2weeks to a month just to be safe.

ur better off doing it by hand tho.

oh 2 pac or acrylic?

umm, 2 pac i think, its got a pearl through it.

thats the thing, i cant wash it by hand because of level 4 water restrictions, otherwise i would.

thanks for the info mate, its been 2 or 3 weeks so far, so ill give it another week or so

DIXIE
07-10-06, 17:50
dude just take a sponge and use the water at a car wash

Nusk
07-10-06, 18:52
those high pressure things may blow the paint off if u hit it in a spot that wasnt preped properly, so be very careful

DIXIE
07-10-06, 18:58
also.. those cheapo brushes they have at carwashes scratch paint.

KALAY
07-10-06, 20:21
wash it at home with warm water, a good quality car wash and a VERY clean sponge, like keep rinsing it out....

if they say anything, just say its brand new paint, show them a recipt or something, and say high pressure will peel it all off, i didnt go spending x amount to have it taken off...

ICUL8R
07-10-06, 20:43
forget water restrictions, wash it at night so no **** see's

WhiteBT1
07-10-06, 21:42
night time works for me too

Walky
09-10-06, 13:45
i dont like the idea about disobeying water restrictions, its a serious problem, dont abuse it just to make ur car clean

Cotch
09-10-06, 13:50
Yeah dude. I wouldnt wash it for the first month or so. Those things take off paint very easily!

Just handwash it at home. I agree that water restrictions are serious, but there over the top :) so just wash your car in peace!

vltken
09-10-06, 17:27
A few buckets of water and a bit of hosing down your car isn't going to hurt anyone, unless you're doing it 7 days a week. If you want to wash your car, go for it. You spent the money painting it, don't let dirt ruin it.

PSI 05L
09-10-06, 17:32
man just drive u car to lake haven there got a 24hr car lovers there

ps. just take a sponge dont use that broom sh*t

VLC-03T
09-10-06, 20:45
man just drive u car to lake haven there got a 24hr car lovers there

ps. just take a sponge dont use that broom sh*t

oh yeh, i forgot they also have the manual one there. thanks

FATPSI
09-10-06, 20:58
acrylic can take up to 3 months to cure properly.Baked 2k should be right to hit with high pressure a day or to after, my VK was painted a week or so again and I cleaned all the rubbing water off and washed it with a high pressure washer the other day only about 2 days after.

id ask the painter before I did anything. Also you can use a low pressure wash at the car wash, and those brushes are **** use a bucket and sponge

PSI 05L
11-10-06, 16:44
if its been preped right if will be more than safe in 24hr at my work we high pressure wash cars same day after they have been cut back and buffed its all got to do with the prep work if u paid good money and it did lift up take it back. and besides those car lovers high pressure washers arnt that powerfull ud have to try to lift the paint

mR_Sam
11-10-06, 21:40
when it comes to a a guys pride and joy i dont think he'll be thinking much about water restrictions..