View Full Version : idles for a few seconds, then stops, wont let me accelerate at all! please help!

VLC-03T
23-09-06, 11:21
hey guys, i just got my car back from getting resprayed for the last 3 weeks, now i cant even take it for a drive because of this problem, it idles for a few seconds then dies, and as soon as i touch the throttle it dies. it looks like it may not have fuel but it sounds like the pump is running. is there any way of checking the fuel reg? or anyone else have any ideas?

STONE RACING
23-09-06, 11:29
man youll probly find when they had it they washed the engine bay and you probly have water in your conections pull off all the connections one by one and blow em out with air compressor especially the dizzy ones and injector ones try that :)

VLC-03T
23-09-06, 11:38
man youll probly find when they had it they washed the engine bay and you probly have water in your conections pull off all the connections one by one and blow em out with air compressor especially the dizzy ones and injector ones try that :)
yeh, thanks. charging the battery didnt do anything but ill giv this a go

STONE RACING
23-09-06, 11:43
yeh give it a go and let us know

holdonv8
23-09-06, 11:55
that is defenantly your prob, i had the same thing happen on my old vl, it was just water from where they washed it.

hot_kla
23-09-06, 12:48
this happened to me a few months back...its ur afm...i changed mine and it went better than ever

jcs_87
23-09-06, 13:05
it just happen to me... it is your fuel pump

VLC-03T
23-09-06, 14:00
so many options. it turned out willy was right, a sh*itload of water in my afm. its good to be driving it again after 3 weeks!

thanks guys