View Full Version : What can get this **** off??

Fat 3L
16-09-06, 10:38
hey guys, just wanna know what will get this black **** off my paint!!
I was told it's a leak from around my wastegate but im not sure yet, and i just wanna know what i can use.
in the picture it aint bad but it has got even worse and now is all over my paint on my wheel arch ( where the blue hose is).
sorry if the pics big don't know how to minimise it.

http://i10.tinypic.com/2lkuvsx.jpg

any help would be appreciated..thanks

DA HOON
16-09-06, 11:24
degreaser? maybe... depends how badly its on there man

Steve

Hingo
16-09-06, 13:59
it looks like carbon to me... just get some degreaser and give it a spray and wipe it off with a cloth, turning the cloth constantly...

ATMO_BT1
16-09-06, 14:14
i thought your car was Blue now?? :confused:

spirit77
16-09-06, 15:02
Yea degreaser.

Or you could try prepsol (wax and grease remover)

Fat 3L
16-09-06, 16:04
yeah i tried degreaser but it don't work to well. i was speaking to a guy at autobarn who said to try sumthing like cut n polish...

SmiK_vL
16-09-06, 16:08
there is this stuff called, throttle body cleaner, mate this **** takes anything off anything, ive used it on some areas with rubber stuck to paint. only problem is that it takes off the paint if u scrub it. try and wipe it off with this stuff, dont even scrub or else you will notice a lil bit of yellow on the cloth. worth a try......

duz360
16-09-06, 16:45
its leaking from the dump pipe turbo join by the looks of it.
it also looks like you have a soft gasket/exhaust goo on the flange,the turbo area is no place for that crap.

if i was you i would get rid of that bolt up flange and weld a vband on.
the vband will never leak

DVLISH
16-09-06, 18:25
there is this stuff called, throttle body cleaner,

mate carby cleaner is pretty much just fuel with some detergents. thats the last thing you would want on your paint

spirit77
17-09-06, 12:31
Like i said try some prepsol out.
When i used to paint engine pays it use that and a scour pad to scratch the paint enough for adhesion and clean it up enought for adhesion.
Its handy stuff to have cause u can use it to get car sticker glue off etc.
Every car guy shoul have 1L of it in their shed.

SYKO3L
17-09-06, 13:02
prepsol is wonderful stuff...

definitly give it an attempt....even if it doesnt work, itll come in handy sooner or later

timo
17-09-06, 13:08
If your using degreaser, are you leaving it on and soak for a few mins? its its grease or even carbon it still should come off. Dont use anything too heavy otherwise your paint might come off. also dont use degreaser when you motor is hot/warm.