View Full Version : V8 Engine Work: Bresciani Racing / Msc Performance

LAMBYZ
07-09-06, 00:00
G'day all,
I have a VN Calais 5 litre that is in desperate need of a thorough tune/service/dyno-tuning.
It has a cam (unsure of specs) and am unaware of any other mods to to engine.
I also have a SS Inductions cold-air intake and a HSV SV5000 air filter box that I woild like fitted.
It also has a oil leak in the rear of the motor that I would like fixed.
I have chosen these to workshops because of their locations, but am unsure of there reputation amongst V8 drivers.
I am not looking to break the bank, as am not rolling in th $$$ :( .
Any help/feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
- Matt lambv8@hotmail.com

[HAMOUD]
07-09-06, 00:39
m&m race engines are great give mick a call man!!

GONE IN 7
07-09-06, 01:35
sounds like a rear seal,that means engines out,its not gonna be cheap but bresciani have built 8 sec v8 engines and im sure they know what needs to be done....send john a pm(jdm) and ask him anything you need,maybe he can do a quote for you online.

freEze_dK
07-09-06, 02:51
give then both a call,, if u have a budget,, pick whoever gives u he ceapest quote

gmvl1988
07-09-06, 09:56
Is cheapest always best? i think not

PNP
07-09-06, 10:03
mate if budget isnt a problem see neither of them names above. No disrespect to those shops but i would go see George Haddad. He is the master of all V8's. His business is Haddad Racing.

Epitaph
07-09-06, 10:08
Spot on. Haddad is the man.

After Haddad, i would be seeing Guy at The 308 shop, then rob at the Horsepower Factory.

PNP
07-09-06, 10:10

After Haddad, i would be seeing Guy at The 308 shop, then rob at the Horsepower Factory.

Rob is also a gun on the v8 engine aswell. There is heaps dude just ask the right people.

EAT-30T
07-09-06, 10:28

if your a millionaire :p

Epitaph
07-09-06, 10:30
LOL That's why i gave the other options ;) I've had a motor built by the 308 shop and it was fantastic!

PNP
07-09-06, 10:41
if your a millionaire :p

Paul, you bloody brought the rains with you mate! Terrible weather. doesnt look like anything is on friday!

Sinister
07-09-06, 11:36
G'day all,
I have a VN Calais 5 litre that is in desperate need of a thorough tune/service/dyno-tuning.
It has a cam (unsure of specs) and am unaware of any other mods to to engine.
I also have a SS Inductions cold-air intake and a HSV SV5000 air filter box that I woild like fitted.
It also has a oil leak in the rear of the motor that I would like fixed.
I have chosen these to workshops because of their locations, but am unsure of there reputation amongst V8 drivers.
I am not looking to break the bank, as am not rolling in th $$$ :( .
Any help/feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
- Matt lambv8@hotmail.com
mate a cold in intake requires screwing on about 4 bolts.... im sure u can do that dont get ripped off by a shop to fit one.
oil leak no matter what will cost big money... dont just pick these shops coz they're popular on here, get some quotes and obviously go to the one that will look after you the best.

.loz
07-09-06, 12:47
yeah an oil leak is an oil leak, any mechanic can do that.

slk-gtr
07-09-06, 13:10
id call williams town dyno they do the best chips for holden 5litres

CHEETR
07-09-06, 15:32
oil leak is not always gona be big money, can be anything from a fuel pump ,oil filter even loose bolts in the sump

coming from the back of the engine, your looking at either a sump seal or rear main, if its the sump seal you dont need to rip out the engine, your looking at around $300-400 to fix

if its rear main your lookin at alot more than that as engine will have to be raised to replace it

Sinister
07-09-06, 15:37
fuel pump and oil leaks??

ATMO_BT1
07-09-06, 15:39
i wouldnt be taking my car to a big dollar workshop to fix and oil leak and fit a cold air, are you sure you don't have any mechanically minded mates who could do that for you?

Morgz
Replaced a rear main on my efi v8, engine had to be removed.. not a nice exercise.

CHEETR
yer sorry i was reading 2 things at once

if its a rear main as i said raising the engine is a big job and alot of $$ if your paying someone to do it

if its a rear sump seal $300-400 tops paying someone to do it

Sinister
07-09-06, 15:54
yeah apparantly theres a tool u can get that lets u remove the seal and somehow poke the new seal into place with the crank and engine e.t.c sitting in the car.. dunno what engines it works for prob not a holden v8 or many engines in general.. it really is on paper a minor job, the seal is literally a $4 piece of rope yet getting to the position to fit it up is a ****. they really should design these things better

CHEETR
07-09-06, 17:16
yer u can get the seal in on the holden v8's, 253 through to the inj 304 now

as for the rear main, engine has to be raised

EAT-30T
07-09-06, 17:58
LOL That's why i gave the other options ;) I've had a motor built by the 308 shop and it was fantastic!

I rang them when I was building my VL and no doubt he knows his sh*t but I just (and most) people can just not afford that kinda money!

LAMBYZ
07-09-06, 23:56
Cheers for all of the replies fellas. Really appreciate it. I've had the car since January, but in that time I've only add 3000kms to the clock due to various problems - loss of licence (learned my lesson there lol). I had the car fully inspected by RAVC, and came back all good, but it has been one drama after another since then. I think I severly underestimated just how thrashed the car had been. The auto went 2 months after i got it. Just had it replaced last month by Race Shift, and had a mini-spool put in aswell. 4.11's going in in the next month or so aswell. The car is duel-fuel (Sprint gas system, because I was so desperate to get a 5 litre, I thought I'd save some $ running a car with gas), and shat itself in March. Not totally sure what the problem is. When I run it on gas, it's alright when I accelerate, but as soon as I drop the revs, it cuts out. This happened to me on the ring road, and I can assure you it's a scary thing when your doing 100km/h and the car loses all power (brakes etc.) It has to swithced back over too petty too be started again, so this needs to be fixed aswell. I chose Bresciani and MSC mainly because of their locations (I live in Greensborough), and am aware Bresciani has an excellent reputation amongst VL Turbo drivers. I don't know much about MSC, but have seen a couple of their cars at Auto Salon etc. etc. I also want to have the car tuned (as I'm sure nothing was done by the previous owners when the cam was put it) and too allow for the CAI and K&N filter. I know it can be running alot better than it is now. I also want to have it dyno'd so i know what it's putting out. This is another reason why I am looking at Bresciani/MSC. A lot of the hoses etc. are frayed and the engine bay itself needs a good tidy-up
Budget is a fair issue as I'm 19 and not rolling in the $$$ by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just desperate too drive it again, as I said earlier, I've only done 3000kms since owning it, so am keen as mustard for it to be up and running the way I know it can. Thanks again for all the feedback fellas!

Cheers.
- Matt.

Epitaph
08-09-06, 07:33
bring it on over to this side of the city, mikes dynos'/the 308 shop would be the best for you

Pricewon
10-09-06, 18:41
get a sneaky pete up ya.

SCAMER
12-09-06, 22:26
wat happened with this thing?? i recommend a v8 to john bresciani, go to the workshop and you'll see the first cars he was building and owned was a v8 torana running into the 9's, mind you he was 17/18 at the time and did most of the work himself. He has done alot of work on my vnss, fitted microtech and did a awesome job, he is doing me a bigger cam/new exhuast system and flowing the heads.. twin throttles or a nice blower will be under way also and ill be getting john to do the work for me. Go into the shop and have alook at the blown vt clubby he has in there.. that will blow you away.

LAMBYZ
13-09-06, 01:41
Cheers mate. I'm about 2 months of getting the work done. Saving up a bit of cash.

-VB-
13-09-06, 21:18
as mentioned, George Haddad and Rob Vickery seem to have good reputations, so maybe give them a try, maybe Miked Dyno too...

Where has the 308 shop gone? it was right next to dandy station but moved a while back, and i dunno where its moved too...?

Pricewon
13-09-06, 22:07
i belive its still there??

transman
13-09-06, 22:39
Mike's Dyno's purchased the 308 Shop. Both located in Station Street.

Morgz
13-09-06, 22:43
is that in deer park?

LAMBYZ
14-09-06, 00:34
Haddad/H.P.F are out of the question I reckon, due to prices. Trying to get the car back on the road for minimum $. I know quality comes at a price, but I'm not really chasing anymore power at the moment, just to get it running right.