View Full Version : Wanting Answers - What Computer??? More Power

JET-GPA
21-12-05, 14:04
Hello people,

I am interested in people's comments on what computer i should run on my WALKINSHAW? - At the moment i am running pretty much standard running gear, with possibly a mild cam. The time has come to put a bit more power in the car...could anyone recommend what i can do to run a bit more power without pulling the motor apart? Computer, Chip, Cam, ect... I am putting 3.9s in the rear end next week. - Apart from that i need help!!! My aim is to get into the 12sec bracket but not sure which way to go.

Your comments will be much apreciated,

Thanks

Jime. #308

Walkie
22-12-05, 07:53
Like you I have 3.9's, but also have a stage 3 cam, stronger valve springs, 3 inch exhaust (although standard headers) and blue top injectors. I had the standard computer retuned using kalmaker software and picked up nearly 20rwkw, now it is pushing out 185rwkw. My best run with this set up is 13.7 on 205 street tyres, but with a 60ft time 0.2 seconds off my best. If you stick with a similar package but add some pacemaker headers a low 13 is not out of the question, so no need to go out and get a piggy back ecu or crack open the motor.

brett_32i
23-12-05, 18:51
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4599053784&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Corsa
24-12-05, 23:53
Somehow i don't think parts specifically for a Nissan motor will really help with a Holden V8.
Corsa

I&J
25-12-05, 19:15
By undertaking the mods you've spoken about Walkie, would this change the car from being an original to modified? When do you cross the line and change the car from being the 'original' deal. Sure, they don't go that well, and too I'd like to know how far I can go in obtaining some better power without removing the appeal from the car being too modified.

Walkie
28-12-05, 09:38
really when you change anything on them they are in fact modified, but it depends on how far you are comfortable to go. Personally I don't mind doing things that are fairly easy to change back, and also do not take away from the orginal look of the car.

spasm
02-01-06, 19:09
Crane 286 Cam, Mild Bowl Job on the heads, Decent Valve Springs, bump in compression say around 10:1, 3.9/3.7 diff gears - With walkie setup, car should go into the 12's with some good driving and sticky feet - You'll need a good clutch too.

Computer wise, the factory Delco System is by far the best available and is actually compared to motec and autronics, its that good.

You could have a custom memcal done at any of the big shops down ur way, alternativly, if you like the idea of being able to fiddle with it urself, buy a kalmaker realtime setup, which is a modified stock computer which you can program in realtime with a laptop, this is the path i took, and let me tell you, theres nothing better then being at the track on a hot nite and being able to pull a bit of fuel and get those ET's back.

spasm
02-01-06, 19:09
Crane 286 Cam, Mild Bowl Job on the heads, Decent Valve Springs, bump in compression say around 10:1, 3.9/3.7 diff gears - With walkie setup, car should go into the 12's with some good driving and sticky feet - You'll need a good clutch too.

Computer wise, the factory Delco System is by far the best available and is actually compared to motec and autronics, its that good.

You could have a custom memcal done at any of the big shops down ur way, alternativly, if you like the idea of being able to fiddle with it urself, buy a kalmaker realtime setup, which is a modified stock computer which you can program in realtime with a laptop, this is the path i took, and let me tell you, theres nothing better then being at the track on a hot nite and being able to pull a bit of fuel and get those ET's back.

GMHGPA
23-02-06, 13:46
Hi JETGPA,

I too agree with the standard computer... I have a stage 3 cam, exhaust, and have had the ECU modified... This has tweeked my RWKW to 240 on the dyno..
I strongly suggest that you leave the standard ECU in and maybe modify this in the same way.

Cheers.

Walkie
24-02-06, 07:45
What other mods did you do to get 240 rwkw, that is quite an impressive output for a 304.

[WLKY.76]
09-03-06, 13:28
we sell hypo tune 3D's at my workshop DDF Dynotuning at Parramatta, $650 plus freight, these are a beefed up Wolf 3d's that are data sycronised for use with the walkinshaw running gear, just what you are after.