View Full Version : 550hp out of a n/a 355 no gas pump fuel

sir5.7
06-09-05, 13:07
have a read and tell me your thoughts

posted by mrhele

Well ur talking to a person in the know and no that toaran made that power figure at the wheels on Premium Unleaded. The car was driven to the track with a Full exhaust system ran 4 passes and then driven home. Just because u spend a bucketload of cash doesnt mean ur gona make power. I no of an engine that cost $3200 to build and has ran and is still running 10.9 , 11.0 consistantly on pump fuel.
So spending 30k to 40k on an engine seems pretty stupid chasing those numbers!

the discussion came up as he reckons his mates lh 355 solid cammed engine, no gas, no blower, pump fuel makes 550rwhp. ive tried to explain it to him but i know nothing. just want some of your opinions is more than 400rwhp is possible out of a setup like this. according to him i need a new engine builder as my 30k setup only made 435rwhp on pump.

honest opinions and dyno sheet proof would be great here boys

Epitaph
06-09-05, 13:15
lets not worry about power but talk about times? that would be my response. dynos dont talk half as much as timeslips. unless you are just a dyno queen

HDT-3L
06-09-05, 13:21
with the parts he listed as i have looked at the thread there is no way that engine would make 550rwhp. his dreaming !!

wagonshaw
06-09-05, 13:32
what thread? also i want to know how to build a driveline for $3200 and will run low 11

HDT-3L
06-09-05, 13:34
mr hele's thread where he is selling a engine

DEMON8
06-09-05, 13:39
Tell him he's dreamin

I must be an idiot as well Sir 5.7, I have spent nearly 15K on the new donk and Im only chasing 460-480fwhp, Old heads of course.

sir5.7
06-09-05, 13:48
i know aspirated engines as ive built 2 x 355s 1 x 383, 1 x 330 and know how much it costs to run what times and make what hp. i just thought it was funny him telling me i knew nothing so i thought i would ask the opinions of other blokes in the same boat. as i stated in that thread the most hp ive seen from an aspirated small bloke running pump fuel was dom borms red 383 roller cammed utes that made 490rwhp on pump. it had 30k in parts alone as he built it himself.

Hemi
06-09-05, 15:10
heres whats in my hx ute off the top of my head,hoping for 500fwhp
C.O.M.E 355 crank
Holden X rods with ART rod bolts
ACL race series stroker pistons
Powerbond steel race balancer
Rollmaster timing set
Solid camshaft custom
Edge orifice solid lifters
Holden 308 block releived, bored 20 thou rar rar rar
ARP main bolt kit
H.Q heads ported by Flowcraft
ARP headstud kit
Crane Gold Pro Race series roller rockers
Crane valve springs
Crane machined spring pads
Crane machined valve locks
Crane post locks
Crane lash caps
ARP rocker studs
Brock Ex valves
Custom John White intake valves
Manley chrome-moly pushrods
Edelbrock performer manifold "Match Ported'
JE high volue oil pump
high energy 9l sump
Steel race flex plate
AU Thermos
Holley 750DP
pwr alloy radiator

if anyone knows hows the recipe for the 4k 10sec motor i am all ears, as my setup cost tripple.

sir5.7
06-09-05, 15:29
even without labour u are lookin at 10k in parts and machining let alone all the other bits. and yeah 500flywheel is still way short or 550rw that some ppl claim for bugger all cash. anyone that has built a n/a stroker knows the cost and gains.....and this is why we hate dynos.

DEMON8
06-09-05, 15:42
Not much point in racing Dyno's ;)

Morgz
06-09-05, 15:49
well like you pointed out Branko.. Nathan Wells VK Group A/3.. autronic, injected, stroked, walky twin throttle bodies very solid build up.. everything done properly and then tuned by SAS who are prob one of the best V8 workshops in Oz.. and made 400rwhp on pump fuel.. It's damn hard to do with 355ci..

sir5.7
06-09-05, 15:59
by the time shootout mode come around he has weined out 451rwhp out of the blue meanie

Epitaph
06-09-05, 16:21
heres whats in my hx ute off the top of my head,hoping for 500fwhp
C.O.M.E 355 crank
Holden X rods with ART rod bolts
ACL race series stroker pistons
Powerbond steel race balancer
Rollmaster timing set
Solid camshaft custom
Edge orifice solid lifters
Holden 308 block releived, bored 20 thou rar rar rar
ARP main bolt kit
H.Q heads ported by Flowcraft
ARP headstud kit
Crane Gold Pro Race series roller rockers
Crane valve springs
Crane machined spring pads
Crane machined valve locks
Crane post locks
Crane lash caps
ARP rocker studs
Brock Ex valves
Custom John White intake valves
Manley chrome-moly pushrods
Edelbrock performer manifold "Match Ported'
JE high volue oil pump
high energy 9l sump
Steel race flex plate
AU Thermos
Holley 750DP
pwr alloy radiator

if anyone knows hows the recipe for the 4k 10sec motor i am all ears, as my setup cost tripple.
why didnt you build a chev motor? :D

MRHELE
06-09-05, 17:02
listen here maggots if u look back i wasnt selling no engine, so tell urself to keep dreaming. Now Obviously Sir u have got more money than brains and u will pay for anything u are told .......... A F U C K I T im not even going to bother explaining myself to u monkeys. If any 1 is offended by wat i have written please remove otherwise leave it. Obviously this forum is full of 17 yr olds who look at Brankos car and think "MAD CAR BRO" so lets ball lick an agree with watever he says.
Anyway im over it

NSNPWR
06-09-05, 17:30
You drive a 33.

sir5.7
06-09-05, 17:39
just the facts dude, just the facts

HDT-3L
06-09-05, 17:58
it is the fact the power figure u stated mr hele is dreaming material mate ... but asides frm that that jus hack it u were wrong so lets leave it at that

PSI 05L
06-09-05, 18:52
listen here maggots if u look back i wasnt selling no engine, so tell urself to keep dreaming. Now Obviously Sir u have got more money than brains and u will pay for anything u are told .......... A F U C K I T im not even going to bother explaining myself to u monkeys. If any 1 is offended by wat i have written please remove otherwise leave it. Obviously this forum is full of 17 yr olds who look at Brankos car and think "MAD CAR BRO" so lets ball lick an agree with watever he says.
Anyway im over it

i think someone geting cranky and im 21 and own an fair ride and just gusseing u own a r33 probably just boosted,wheels and bov witch = sheep:p

MRHELE
06-09-05, 20:45
HAHA yer cool i own a sheep. PSI When i was playing with Injected 5.0l vls u wouldnt no wat a VL was if it smacked u in the face. And because i state i own a Skyline doesnt mean a skyline is the only car i own. FYI just cause im not bragging like half the other tosers on this forum i currently have a Car in the build which is around Sir 5.7 league
Good Day

HDT-3L
06-09-05, 20:48
post it up mr hele would like to see it !!1

VLDooD
06-09-05, 21:01
Tossers on the Forum, ohh calm down now buddy dont want you getting cut now do we lol, he was only asking for others opinions on this topic thats all, so dont go saying stuff you mite regret later.....

VLDooD

MadVK308
06-09-05, 22:19
I am actually quite amazed that MR HELE hasent defended himself, I mean to quote something as outrageous as what he has, you would think he had the proof to back it up.

Just another person posting away about a "mate" who has this, or a "mate" who has that..

surely an engine of that calibre would be well known.

xbt106
06-09-05, 22:35
like stated before dyno sheets dont mean a thing, when you consider changing to an auto g/box from a manual g/box you can lose upto 50-80 rwhp!!
Sir5.7 when spending the amount you have spent on your engine, obviously you have gone to every detail in building your engine mainly for reliability and power of course - who cares what other ppl say, do what you want how you want it done, your car your money!!!
If you are building a car MRHELE just because you say something doesn't mean you brag - most of us here are proud of doing a little mods here and there on our holdens and love telling everyone else about it!!

MRHELE
06-09-05, 23:13
Boys hang on a sec now, this whole little dispute started between me n Branko buy him claiming that a 550hp engine can not be acheived without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money. Am i right or am i wrong? i stated that this can be done and that i have seen this with my very own eyes. This mysterious LH torana that branko claims im pulling out of my left ball bag is a very well known and respected car. The car in question i did not wana name but it looks like im going to have to. The Car wears the plates DOZ 10Z and is owned by a very close mate of mine named John Habbib. This car has been around for a Very long time and well b4 my time when john was still running a 308 gassed engine which was propelling this car 10.1 @ 135mph. This same car John now has a 355 PUMP FUEL motor VN Headed Black engine (block originating from a VT) makes 500 at the treads but has serious issues with taction and getting off the line. This new setup has propelled the car 10.4 @ 138mph. When you do the math it doesnt add up big power but **** times. Any ways for every1 that thinks im flogging it, me n John should be out at the track in the next few weeks as the car suffered some serious damage, this being a diff smashed to a million pieces, feel free to come n say hello and have a chat to myself and John. Hes pretty open about his car and doesnt mind telling people whats in the engine. BTW its not What you no its Who u no. This engine set up cost John 9k from Carb to sump and was built by Northmead Auto, and tuned by the man himself Norm that owns Northmead, with the input of C&V

WYNDUP: Dude beleive me im not in the same boat as INSAN3, i can take a fair bit of critisism althought it pisses me off that a lil dispute that was between Branko and myself had to drag every other person on this cyber world into it. IT was very simple Branko and myself should have just pmed each other about our thoughts but he thought it would be very smart of him to try and make me look like a tool infront of every1 and start up a thread about this. Now if i was going to be a total F U C K I N G pansy about this i would have ran to a mod and told that i find this offensive to me and blah blah blah which a number of other people have done in the past.

MADVK: Like i said Champ feel free to come n talk to myself and Johnny about the car and see it for urself in action in real life

VTO theres is no need for me to post up anything of what i am building as it concerns no1. To start off with it is not a holden its a FORD so thats the first thing and thats were the booos start happening. Mate u only live 20min away from me, when its in a respectable state im more than happy for you to come around and have a look.

Now is there any more questions people would like me to answer?

NSNPWR
06-09-05, 23:31
My post deleted, nice reply MRHELE, very controlled mate.Haha...Seriously.
L8r.

Hemi
06-09-05, 23:36
when you goin to wsid next mr.hele sir?

Midz
07-09-05, 01:40
Hahah bring out the courty !

HDT-3L
07-09-05, 08:32
no worrys mate !! good reply and goodluck with your build !

MRHELE
07-09-05, 08:55
Should be in a few weeks

HDT-3L
07-09-05, 09:08
so wat ford is it?

sir5.7
07-09-05, 09:53
actaully this topic started as u said not my fault i got ripped off spending 30k on a engine. and u said this lh made 550 rwhp not engine hp. which equates to 700 engine hp on pump fuel which has never been done is oz or anywhere else in this world on pump fuel without gas in a small block. i believe your mates car may have 500 engine hp but no chance in hell or makin rwhp in that caliber. like i said if it had that much power from a car the weight on a lh it wouldnt run tens it would run deep nine. its all mathematical. a 700hp lh will run quicker than 10.5 at 125mph while a 550hp will run those sorts of time which would mean the car makes 550 engine hp not rwhp.

MRHELE
07-09-05, 10:57
Fair enuf mate
Im just gna leave it at this

wagonshaw
07-09-05, 11:46
just one question because im so confused as to how much this 10sec engine cost to build. in one thread and if you look up the top branko has cut n pasted that you said it cost $3200 and in your glorifying speech you quote that it cost $9000 to build it? which is it i presume $9000 so why say $3200 unless thats something else entirely???????????????

MRHELE
07-09-05, 12:09
3200 is something entirely different

Hemi
07-09-05, 16:57
branko i seen a xy gt stroker with 650hp...no nos, had 2x 1200cfm carbys lol. may have been running on rocket fuel tho, cant recall.

sir5.7
07-09-05, 16:59
it would be a c16 engine. when summernats had pump fuel only laws in the n/s class 2 yrs ago the biggest hp seen was 450.1 rwhp.

MRHELE
07-09-05, 16:59
ladys and gentlemen we have a comedian in the house

sir5.7
07-09-05, 17:02
actually trick racings got the best i know of now with 2enil8 xy gt small block 440ci. that thing is an absolute animal and owes him 30k in parts and he builds em for a livin. that made 510rwhp i think on pump.

Hemi
07-09-05, 17:18
sweet..just got the all clear from the track manager at WSID looks like i'll be running my "yet to be registered" 355 ute.. all i needed was blue slip + proof of ownership.
****in gotta find a helmet!!!!!

PSI 05L
07-09-05, 17:35
Boys hang on a sec now, this whole little dispute started between me n Branko buy him claiming that a 550hp engine can not be acheived without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money. Am i right or am i wrong? i stated that this can be done and that i have seen this with my very own eyes. This mysterious LH torana that branko claims im pulling out of my left ball bag is a very well known and respected car. The car in question i did not wana name but it looks like im going to have to. The Car wears the plates DOZ 10Z and is owned by a very close mate of mine named John Habbib. This car has been around for a Very long time and well b4 my time when john was still running a 308 gassed engine which was propelling this car 10.1 @ 135mph. This same car John now has a 355 PUMP FUEL motor VN Headed Black engine (block originating from a VT) makes 500 at the treads but has serious issues with taction and getting off the line. This new setup has propelled the car 10.4 @ 138mph. When you do the math it doesnt add up big power but **** times. Any ways for every1 that thinks im flogging it, me n John should be out at the track in the next few weeks as the car suffered some serious damage, this being a diff smashed to a million pieces, feel free to come n say hello and have a chat to myself and John. Hes pretty open about his car and doesnt mind telling people whats in the engine. BTW its not What you no its Who u no. This engine set up cost John 9k from Carb to sump and was built by Northmead Auto, and tuned by the man himself Norm that owns Northmead, with the input of C&V

WYNDUP: Dude beleive me im not in the same boat as INSAN3, i can take a fair bit of critisism althought it pisses me off that a lil dispute that was between Branko and myself had to drag every other person on this cyber world into it. IT was very simple Branko and myself should have just pmed each other about our thoughts but he thought it would be very smart of him to try and make me look like a tool infront of every1 and start up a thread about this. Now if i was going to be a total F U C K I N G pansy about this i would have ran to a mod and told that i find this offensive to me and blah blah blah which a number of other people have done in the past.

MADVK: Like i said Champ feel free to come n talk to myself and Johnny about the car and see it for urself in action in real life

VTO theres is no need for me to post up anything of what i am building as it concerns no1. To start off with it is not a holden its a FORD so thats the first thing and thats were the booos start happening. Mate u only live 20min away from me, when its in a respectable state im more than happy for you to come around and have a look.

Now is there any more questions people would like me to answer?

dude i was only **** stiring u just wanted to see what u would say dont take it to heart good luck to u on ur build

nice defence

PSI 05L
07-09-05, 17:40
actually trick racings got the best i know of now with 2enil8 xy gt small block 440ci. that thing is an absolute animal and owes him 30k in parts and he builds em for a livin. that made 510rwhp i think on pump.

u shoud see there vk with twin 4s i think 700hp not sure what fuel tho:confused:

KIL-351
07-09-05, 17:53
to get 555hp at the wheels out of a small block n/a it would have to be off its TITS!!! thats 700+ engine hp!! being a holden engine it would cost 17 000 to build give or take 3000!!!

im building a BIG BLOCK (chev) that will make a tad more than that (650rwhp+) and thats a $21000 + engine!!

Mb ill decide to build that engine for $3200 and get the same power... mb ill just pull myself!

Epitaph
07-09-05, 18:00
you say your building everything julianbar

Sho2Go
07-09-05, 20:34
haha

MRHELE
07-09-05, 22:23
JulianPULLmybar the 3200 engine is a 11sec combo not a 550hp motor u tool

Hemi
07-09-05, 23:08
is that silver?

sir5.7
08-09-05, 08:14
yeah genuine silver xy gt. im a holden nut and i think that cars off the hooks

MRHELE
08-09-05, 08:40
2ENIL8 is actually a XW

xbt106
08-09-05, 15:00
2ENIL8 is actually a XW

Haha like he siad he is a holden man!! XW XY all the same to the untrained eye! Aren't all XW gt's phase 1's!

Epitaph
08-09-05, 15:24
yeah but nobody mentioned anything about a HO

PSI 05L
08-09-05, 18:23
my boss has a xy or xw gt shaker,factory wind back sun roof its been off the road since 1984 he got it for $2500 back then. good investment. lol

that 2enil8 is nuts i saw it at motor expo on the weekend

MRHELE
09-09-05, 01:17
A GT XY or XW with wind back was 4250 delivered from Ford so how he got it for that price is any1s guess. MY bestmans oldman bought a phase 3 HO when released and he paid 5100 cause of upgrading to Aircon and some g a y "performance" mods. In yellow oaker, and has a genuine 1200 - 1500 miles on the clock

Hemi
09-09-05, 10:03
i got my ute booked in at northmead autos for a new ignition & tune on monday.

MRHELE
09-09-05, 17:35
Seems as thought ur not a very trusting person Hemi