View Full Version : walkinshaw bodykits

walkie_17
11-02-03, 18:18
who knows the best places to get em in sydney?
how much? how much is it usually set you back to respray the whole car with the kit.
is itworth doin it?

give us your opinions?

ILLUSIV
11-02-03, 18:58
who knows the best places to get em in sydney?
how much? how much is it usually set you back to respray the whole car with the kit.
is itworth doin it?

give us your opinions?

There is a few places that do the kits, but non genuine kit's don't look or fit as good as genuine ones, but genuine ones are megabucks in good condition.

Just ring around to any of the local spoiler shops, they should be able to put you onto someone that does them, and keep an eye on www.tradingpost.com.au as they pop up in there from time to time.

To re-spray you car could cost as little as $2000 or as much as $10,000. It all depends on what colour paint you want and how far in preperation you want to do (eg bare metal, new window/door seals etc)

But to get a good looking finish that will last for a while you would need to spend a decent amount of money.

Anarchy
14-02-03, 13:38
Well up here in brisbane I got quoted for walkinshaw bits and peices...

Walky Front bar - $400
Walky Back bar - $400
Walky Sides - $ 200 p/side
Walky Door peices $200 p/side of car
Boot Wing and Back window - $400
Bonnet Mould - $400

All up it comes to $2400 in the raw, then to Paint and Fit of course depends on the Paint ie 2pac/Metalic/Pearl or even Harli 8O

Basically the guy said he could do be a package of around $5,500 to fit and paint a full walky kit in Ice Metallic Blue/ not bar metal just sand and prep body and remove any dints but my body is straight so..also including new front window moulds and rubber.

He claims these peices to be 'Authentic' however i'm doubtfull, but thats in brisbane, and from the looks of prices our prices we seem to be more expensive than anywhere else so...

Hope it kinda helps...good luck

Walkinshaw wagon
16-02-03, 08:41
sounds like the prices ive gotton from a place in nz. remembering aud$=nz$ and more.

mind you i wont be needing the rear spoiler(they dont go onto wagons very nicely!)

Timmy
16-02-03, 10:45
Does anyone know where you can get full walky kits down in melb? i mean genuine ones not fakes?

GMH-GEM
16-02-03, 14:52
for you my friend - a dollar twenty

nah, if u want a genuine one
look in your "trading post"

walkie_17
16-02-03, 16:44
im hoping sum1 can help me out here, maybe the harliquin walkie beware..?

im gettin a vl with a hdt le kit painted with a harliquin custom colour..
howmuch do ne of you rekon itll set me back to spray the bodykit in the same colour, with 3 coats of clear afterwards?

ILLUSIV
16-02-03, 23:36
sounds like the prices ive gotton from a place in nz. remembering aud$=nz$ and more.

mind you i wont be needing the rear spoiler(they dont go onto wagons very nicely!)

Have you seen the Walky wagon on the site? Belongs to a mate of mine. and he had to have the rear bumper modified to take the hole for the number plate out as it's in the tailgate in wagon's. It looks sweet though. Check it out here http://www.walkinshaw.net/replicas/noregrets

Sam is the owner of Beware. Send him a PM about the cost of Harlequin paint.

walkie_17
17-02-03, 01:18
its 500 a litre im pretty sure
but i dunno how much of it is needed, how much clear is, and how much labour is..

Walkinshaw wagon
19-02-03, 14:42
yeah bro ive seen the wagon. it not too shabby eh. from the photos black doesnt really do it for me- mind you the photos probably dont do it justice and its looks a whole lot better close up.

i actually thought i would be the first one to walky kit a wagon BUT NO! ah well atleast ill be the first to put together the combo im doing.

twice (including today :D ) i have seen a harlequin walkinshaw sedan cruising round. problem is you almost cant tell its harlequin. i was following it for 10 minutes driving all over the road trying to get better viewing angles before i realised it may have been harlequin. it was painted in one of those darker and hard to notice harlequin colours. didnt really work for it but phat anyway

ILLUSIV
20-02-03, 13:58
Is this in New Zealand?

Walkinshaw wagon
20-02-03, 14:59
lets see umnmmmmmmmm ........ yes!

the land of the long white (smoke) cloud

RuckusVL
11-03-03, 00:50
walkie17 - Good luck trying to get someone to match the harlequin paint. I think you'll find that most panel beaters won't even try to match it cos it is so hard to do. You may have to respray the whole car to get the right effect from the paint.

TurboCal
11-03-03, 22:46
Check this wagon out.... 8)

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/marketplace/UsedCarDetail.asp?ID=2188641&Criteria=%40Make%3D%2 7HOLDEN%27%2C+%40Keyword%3D%27walkinshaw+wagon%27% 2C+%40OrderBy%3D%27P2%27&NoOfRecs=1&PageNo=1&chkRo ws=500

Timmy
12-03-03, 20:16
Yeah i saw that one in uniqe mag, i only took a glimse at first and i was fully ready to get on the forum and ask if the walky ever came out in a wagon!!!! :oops:

Sala
13-03-03, 09:56
I have got a walkinshaw front lower skirt that fits under the front B\Bar for sale. make an offer
left over from my stolen walkie.

walkie_17
15-04-03, 15:05
why would ya want a walkinshaw WAGON
wagons r just ugly!!!!!!!!!

vlt-dreamer
25-07-03, 14:56
front lip 80 bucks.

Psi_Wagon
19-09-03, 23:30
[ddffas

Psi_Wagon