View Full Version : stone chip protection

Walkinshaw wagon
22-01-05, 12:15
having had my bumper fitted for only 3 days so far - i am already having stone chips on the paint

HOW DO I PROTECT MY BUMPER FROM THESE DREADED CHIPS?????

vlt3.0
22-01-05, 12:43
get a car bra ?

ILLUSIV
22-01-05, 14:18
is it an original walky kit?

the lower lip on the front bumper on original walky's has stone protection stuff on it...

but other than that a car bra is the only way, and stay a bit further back from cars in front, and right away from trucks in front

remember it's so low to the ground now, it's gonna get hit

wagonshaw
22-01-05, 21:49
get the lip painted in the stone chip protection paint doesnt look as good but hardly noticeable unless you go in for a good look

RB20DETVL
23-01-05, 00:17
you may as well put up with it and get "blowins" done every now and again, like every 6 months or whenever before any shows or events ya enter.

Its pretty hard to to have it chipped, its just something youll have to live with

Walkie
23-01-05, 21:18
is it an original walky kit?

the lower lip on the front bumper on original walky's has stone protection stuff on it...

but other than that a car bra is the only way, and stay a bit further back from cars in front, and right away from trucks in front

remember it's so low to the ground now, it's gonna get hit

Not all of the genuine walky's came out with the stone chip guard, but it was an option that most buyers bought. I still think a few stone chips looks better than the whole lip having a rough paint job.

headworm
23-01-05, 21:30
car bras look **** in my opinion

david85dc
24-01-05, 08:30
ofcourse they do!!!! doh, but it saves damage to ur car

Walkinshaw wagon
25-01-05, 09:45
NA stuff it im not getting a car bra- i think i can live with the stone chips

thanks anyway guys

david85dc
31-01-05, 14:14