View Full Version : Red Star Fabrications - direct replacement or custom made parts

Pages : [1] 2

RedStarFab
13-07-11, 22:16
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/medium14998001.jpg

available only to calaisturbo.com.au

is a new name from a familiar face, or should I say username ISL33P

Coming from the same single person who has been a contributor and sponsor of ct.com.au for close to a combined 10 years and priding myself on the two most important things being customer service and end quality of the finished product is establishing a new business to fabricate a massive range of straight bolt in or completely customised products to fit your car.

Combining some 7+ years of manifold fabrication and a growing demand from customers for other products made to the same high standards comes a massive range of direct replacement or completely customised parts.

Pricing is as follows:

Standard replacement parts

Fuse box cover - $140
Fuse box replacement catch can - $200 (all with original K&N air filter)
Power steering bottle $110 (length is optional at no extra charge)
Wiper bottle replacement $150 (uses standard wiper motor)
Overflow bottle replacement $160 (comes with fittings for factory hoses)
Under car surge tank - $300
Radiator cover - from $140. They can be made to go all the way over the fan shroud but that will be extra - pics of this coming shortly.
B&M shifter adaptor - $140 exchange (pics on page 4)

Surge tanks - all available with either push on or AN fittings sizes of your choice

1 litre single outlet - $120 (only available with single outlet)
2.5 litre single outlet - $130
2.5 litre twin outlet - $150
4.5 litre twin outlet - $200

Catch cans from $200 including original K&N air filter. Your imagination for its placement is the only limitation. Can be put, along the chassis rail, under the battery or standard airbox, down low behind the radiator, inner wheel arches....the list goes on. Can include baffles, oil drain/return

Airboxes from $300. Commonly mounted in the original position. They can be fitted with a bellmouth both prior to the turbo inlet pipe and also on the end of the intake pipe for the airbox which is feed from behind the bumper bar - have a look at the pic below for the one I done for a twin turbo R33 GTR

Fuel cell and tanks starting from $700 with all weld on fittings required and lid - can add custom made mounts and fuel level sender

Intercoolers with internal deflectors for more efficient use of the complete full core from $1000 - can modify existing intercooler from $350, yes even the chinese ones

Triple flow radiators from $900

Delivery is additional and times may vary - Polishing starts at $35 per unit

Any questions on products, pricing or specs, please pm me, I am more than happy to offer help or advise regarding any of these products.

Cheers,
Ariel

Where quality is not compromised

RedStarFab
16-07-11, 19:55
Finally got the first batch finished today.

It is pretty much a complete package for a single customer, combining direct replacement, being the fuse box cover (pic 1 left to right), wiper bottle (pic 2), power steering bottle (pic 3) and custom made parts coolant overflow (pic 4) and catch can (pic 5) which sit behind the headlights which also helps with the hiding of wiring.

As you can tell these are in a completely raw finish as they were welded. All of these are actually going off to the polisher on Monday so I will have pics of them polished hopefully by mid week, fingers crossed. I will also be making them available in a swirl or scotch brite finish aswell as the raw or polished finish.

For this same customer has also asked me to make a radiator cover and a scuttle panel cover....the last one being a bit of a mission but a very nice way of finishing off the engine bay.

Something which I have been asked a lot for is the fuse box replacement catch can (pic 6).

Anyway, enough of me typing, I will let the pictures do the talking. I am just trying to finalise the pricing on these items and when I have I will let you all know.

In the meantime, I am happy to take any questions on these or any other customer made products you may need.

Cheers,
Ariel

7FOUR7
16-07-11, 20:04
Good Stuff Ariel, you still making plenums? I will get one, one of these days haha

RedStarFab
16-07-11, 20:24
Thanks Brad, yeah the plenums will not be going away there is still plenty of demand for them. I am just now in a position to almost everything and anything from home after splurging on some more machinery.

Are you still doing the ca? Reason why I ask is because I am after a car to "sponsor" which will be smeared over the internet, magazines and events.

Also, here is a couple of pics of a surge tank I made recently. Looking at giving these away for FREE for anyone purchasing a package of parts similar to those pictured above. These will be available with either push on or AN thread fittings with single or twin pump outlets.

Ariel

7FOUR7
21-07-11, 12:53
certainly still doing it mate, pm me if you have something in mind

INFLYTmelb
21-07-11, 14:24
All the best with the new business venture ariel! :)

ADICTIV
21-07-11, 15:04
i am very interested in the scuttle panel cover.... Is that going to be full length? Hinge to hinge? Pics when youve made it please...

Cheers dave

DA HOON
21-07-11, 16:28
good to see this starting up Ariel :) from the work ive seen so far, this stuff is going to be in demand just like the plenums!

BT130T
21-07-11, 19:48
Ariel u will definatly be a busy man once word gets around. ur work is always A1 keep it up man

RedStarFab
21-07-11, 21:37
Thank you gents, let's just hope it all goes well.

I have worked my a55 to build a good, reputable brand with proven results and a quality end product and this is just an extension of that.

ADICTIV - yes it will be the full length. There will be plenty of pics when I finish the first one shortly.

I will hopefully have a radiator cover done and I have also been asked to replicate the factory fan shroud so they should work well together. This thread will be flooded with with pics so people can see the work and detail that goes into the work.

Cheers,
Ariel

MuFFiN
22-07-11, 09:39
When would these items become available to the general public?

invlhvn
22-07-11, 13:50
Prices

RedStarFab
22-07-11, 19:42
MuFFiN - of course I have just started by adertising on this site only and the word will spread. Plenty of non-VL owners look at this site so hopefully it picks up from there.

bibbs - I am just finalising the pricing at the moment. I will update the first post once I have. It should be all done over the weekend.

Anyone can pm me for pricing if you are interested in anything in particular, I already have a couple of orders for custom made parts.

Cheers,
Ariel

RedStarFab
25-07-11, 20:39
Prices are up for everyone.

Pics of airbox example and 4.5 litre surge tank as mentioned in the edited first post

Althoats
26-07-11, 19:21
Hmmm droptank for an r31? :)

invlhvn
26-07-11, 19:42
do u make vl washer bottles ? how much if so

Nukz
26-07-11, 19:49
If the quality of this gear is like that of your plenums (which I'm certain it is), then these parts are second to none. Goodluck with the business venture mate

RedStarFab
26-07-11, 21:20
No worries at all Althoats :-) I will add it to the list for when the car is getting everything else done here......what's another thing to the ever growing list lol

Wiper (washer) bottle is $150 plus delivery

Thanks Nukz :-)

invlhvn
27-07-11, 10:45
cheers ill get some soon do they fit straight up no mucking around ?

Althoats
27-07-11, 11:32
No worries at all Althoats :-) I will add it to the list for when the car is getting everything else done here......what's another thing to the ever growing list lol

Hahaa thats not my car, thats joels! i have a silo that is copping a 26/30 but will be getting alot of your goodies aswell, but im very interested on a drop tank for my 31

RedStarFab
27-07-11, 13:04
How many 31's are there in wagga??? Had me confused. Yeah, that's definitely something I can do. Give me a call when you can, easier to talk about stuff like that instead of pm/sms's back and forth.

Yes, there a direct replacement

invlhvn
27-07-11, 14:27
is that the washer bottle thats in the second picture ? are their two sides of it that sit on each end of the strut tops ?

RedStarFab
27-07-11, 18:24
Yes it is. The factory one has only one mount on the strut tower and this is where you need to drill the hole, that is all that is required. It wasn't done in that photo, but there is no a hole in that one for the standard wiper motor to fit.

DeVL
08-08-11, 23:02
hey dude im after a alloly coolant bleed tank with a washer fluid tank built in with it and i want it pritty much the same design of the washer fluid part of a standard coolant/washer fluid tank on a vl turbo and if you can using braided lines and fittings get back to me with a price.

Cheers peter.

RedStarFab
10-08-11, 18:54
Hi Peter, I remember talking to you about a LPG plenum sometime ago....glad to see you are getting back into it.

I will give you abuzz to talk about price just to make sure I understand exactly what you are after?

Cheers,
Ariel

Wkd_Vl
14-08-11, 14:26
hey mate how much for the catch can

RedStarFab
14-08-11, 15:46
Do you mean the fuse box replacement one? They are $200 with K&N air filter + delivery

vllicious
14-08-11, 19:56
What size fuel cells are you doing? And prices for sizes. :)

RedStarFab
14-08-11, 20:26
Really any size you like. You can go for the basic style cell from about $550 or like one guy is doing, a complete replacement of the standard tank with internal baffles and surge tank. The beauty of it all is that I can make it to suit whatever you want, exactly the way you want and not like everyone else out there.

DeVL
15-08-11, 22:43
Hey Ari hows my stuff coming along?

Hi Peter, I remember talking to you about a LPG plenum sometime ago....glad to see you are getting back into it.

I will give you abuzz to talk about price just to make sure I understand exactly what you are after?

Cheers,
Ariel

RedStarFab
15-08-11, 23:07
they usually take a couple of weeks since everything is made to order, but lucky for you I was making another power steering canister, so I thought, what the hell, I 'll make another one. I might have the washer/coolant bottle done this weekend.

Cheers,
Ariel (not Ari lol)

VLT87Kal
15-08-11, 23:18
got pictures of the radiator covers mate?

RedStarFab
16-08-11, 10:29
I am getting one done at the moment, as soon as it is done I will put some pics up

DeVL
16-08-11, 21:06
Typo lol..... No worrys dude theres no rush. Hey i was thinking about it today where are you going to put the coolant lines? Im only asking because of the brake booster and what not its realy a tight area give us a ring or what ever my phones always on bro.

Also please use black and silver fittings on the power steering bottle and the coolant tank.

Thanks pete

RedStarFab
16-08-11, 21:18
haha it's all good

Yeah I was having a think of that on the weekend when I was checking out another VL. Just thinking about it now, I will most probably mount them on top with a couple of 90deg fittings.

DeVL
16-08-11, 21:28
no worries if you end up doing that just make sure that you stagger the fittings and use black and silver ones. Oh and just use a ilttle barb fitting for the wiper fluid part, ill mount the pump next to the wiper motor.

RedStarFab
16-08-11, 21:35
it's all under control. I will put some female weld on's and I will leave the fittings up to you

DeVL
16-08-11, 21:52
sweet as bro

Wkd_Vl
18-08-11, 21:02
looking for one that sits where the airbox is

vllicious
19-08-11, 09:03
Im considering doing the basic style set up. Fuel cell and surge tank. 50L? Plus i dont want to cut a hole in the floor. Do you have any pictures of any set ups you have completed?

RedStarFab
19-08-11, 20:10
Sorry no pics......there isnt much to look at of a photo of a cell....all the good stuff is on the inside

ADICTIV
20-08-11, 00:20
hows the scuttle panel cover coming along? Still very interested

RedStarFab
21-08-11, 06:22
slowly......unfortunately. I will see how things go over the next few weekends. It's one of those jobs that aren't urgent (read FREE) that I have to get around to.

wpn_vl
21-08-11, 13:08
so will your plenums have redstar on them from now on instead of cpc?

RedStarFab
21-08-11, 19:42
not at this stage....the CPC name has been around for a while and is what I have built everything on....maybe later on down the track, I havent really thought about it to be honest

dannydose
22-08-11, 14:06
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/dannydose/IMAG0178.jpg
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/dannydose/IMAG0179.jpg

RedStarFab
22-08-11, 19:35
Glad you like it Danny

dannydose
23-08-11, 10:26
you should be called the tig king!!

RedStarFab
23-08-11, 12:10
I wouldn't go that far but there is no harm in trying

Big Lee
28-08-11, 20:04
Wow, look awesome! As far as postage goes, is it better to order all in one go or does it work out similar to order say, one item per month?

Big Lee
28-08-11, 20:26
Finally got the first batch finished today.

It is pretty much a complete package for a single customer, combining direct replacement, being the fuse box cover (pic 1 left to right), wiper bottle (pic 2), power steering bottle (pic 3) and custom made parts coolant overflow (pic 4) and catch can (pic 5) which sit behind the headlights which also helps with the hiding of wiring.

As you can tell these are in a completely raw finish as they were welded. All of these are actually going off to the polisher on Monday so I will have pics of them polished hopefully by mid week, fingers crossed. I will also be making them available in a swirl or scotch brite finish aswell as the raw or polished finish.

For this same customer has also asked me to make a radiator cover and a scuttle panel cover....the last one being a bit of a mission but a very nice way of finishing off the engine bay.

Something which I have been asked a lot for is the fuse box replacement catch can (pic 6).

Anyway, enough of me typing, I will let the pictures do the talking. I am just trying to finalise the pricing on these items and when I have I will let you all know.

In the meantime, I am happy to take any questions on these or any other customer made products you may need.

Cheers,
Ariel

Just a bit confused what pics 4 and 5 are and where they go? Is there an overflow container that fits in the factory place?

RedStarFab
28-08-11, 20:41
No 4 is a catch can that sits behind the headlight. Something different I suppose that a customer requested to help hide all the wiring in there. No 5 is a catch can also which replaces the fuse rail when they are usually placed in the glovebox.

Hope that helps

Ariel

Big Lee
29-08-11, 07:00
Ah Ha! Thanks Ariel.

RedStarFab
29-08-11, 18:39
sorry, I didnt see your earlier post. It would be cheaper to freight them all at once but the savings would only only about $5-10 per item.

DeVL
29-08-11, 23:58
any news mate

RedStarFab
30-08-11, 07:24
Yeah, I started the wiper/coolant bottle on Sunday and I will have it finished this weekend

DeVL
31-08-11, 12:48
sik

RedStarFab
04-09-11, 17:26
all done.....I will send you a pm with my bank details and can you reply with your address.

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. For everyone else, it is a combination water and coolant reservior behind the driver's side strut tower with recessed billet lids for a less bulky look.

Cheers,
Ariel

jet lag
04-09-11, 18:38
looking really forward to some pics mate, will be purchasing some stuff of you soon

RedStarFab
04-09-11, 21:11
No worries at all. I should have the pics up tomorrow.

Also on the way is a custom vl stealth intercooler which I am just waiting on the core for and then the radiator shroud and B&M shifter mod to the standard shifter mount

TUXEDO
04-09-11, 21:52
Can you make me an under car surge tank for my VL?

RedStarFab
04-09-11, 21:57
I sure can. I am just sorting out the configuration at the moment with another memeber who is checking the clearances and then I will be offering them up for sale.

Cheers,
Ariel

DeVL
04-09-11, 23:44
sweet as man mite have some other work for you

jackpot77
05-09-11, 09:57
any news on the scuttle cover????

wpn_vl
05-09-11, 11:06
You just sticking with Vl bits and pieces for now?

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 19:02
No worries Peter, just let me know what you are sfter and i will hopefully be able to help you out.

Unfortunately I haven't got around to the scuttle panel yet, but don't worry, as soon as I do, I will let everyone know.

For the direct replacement stuff, yes only VL's at the moment but more are coming like Evo, Skylines, XR6's etc etc. What do you have in mind? There is no real limits to what can be made and for what car.

Ariel

DeVL
05-09-11, 19:32
did you get the chance to take some photos of the tanks

InsaneVL
05-09-11, 19:52
+1 for undercar surge tank.
also might be interested in a custom p/s res & coolant overflow. Will PM you after powercruise when I got some more $ to spend on the car...
Might also get a rad support/rad cover - but might end up being too big to post and need very specific measurements for what I want, so might have to go local for it.

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 21:12
InsaneVL - undercar surge tank might - if I'm lucky - be knocked up on the weekend. All good with the p/s res and coolant overflow. As for the rad support, post is not a problem at all. Being "specific", does that mean you have a aftermket radiator or something like that?

Here you go Peter.......excuse the finger marks, dam they sh1t me

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image074.png

hmmmm recessed lids

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image064.png

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image059.png

just something different I thought you might like.....a few fish scales

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image029.png

DeVL
05-09-11, 21:19
Your welding skill pleases me i will remember this when im surpreme ruler of the planet.

Ill send the money tonight dude

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 21:26
lol thanks.....let me know if there is anything else you need

InsaneVL
05-09-11, 21:31
InsaneVL - undercard surge tank might - if I'm lucky knocked up on the weekend. All good with te p/s res and coolant overflow. As for the rad support, post is not a problem at all. Being being specific, does that mean you have a aftermket radiator or something like that?

Pic of the engine bay... Nizpro style cooler means Radiator is set back a bit.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s340/js57ss/DSC00346.jpg

Was thinking of putting the Rad overflow in a better container between rad and rad support panel (on top of intercooler), along with a p/s res there - and then have a cover that covers from the front of engine bay to the back of the radiator, and from either side of the engine bay (in a sort of upside down T shape)... basically covering the black eyelid part + sweeping back to cover radiator... might have to mspaint it to show you what i'm talking about.. lol...

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 21:34
haha yeah I get ya...go mspaint lol. As long as you give me the measurements spot on, I will make it to exactly those.

DeVL
05-09-11, 21:35
radiator support cover and a cover for all my electrical componants that im hiding in the chassi rails but ill have to mount and get back to you on that one.

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 21:39
No worries at all. Standard replacement radiator cover will be coming soon, I am just waiting on my sheetmetal folder to turn up to get them done.

InsaneVL
05-09-11, 21:50
MSPaint attached.

I suspect the hard part will be the curves (particularly the front, and round the cooler piping) without having the actual car...

RedStarFab
05-09-11, 21:56
your right aye.....I am just trying to source a complete VL front cut to do this kind of stuff. I do have access to a couple of VL's locally that I could measure up to do it, its up to you

InsaneVL
05-09-11, 22:01
i'll let you know when i'm ready to get it done.. PM me a rough price on what that might cost so I can budget in ball park area..

DeVL
27-09-11, 22:09
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147/DEVL_01/IMG_00000050.jpg

The welds are unreal on the tanks man pitty there being polished off muhahaha

RedStarFab
30-09-11, 21:26
Noooooooooooo not my welds!!!

RedStarFab
01-11-11, 21:01
Hi Everyone,

I know its been a while. I sold my welder, bought another one which was a bucket of sh1t and then bought another one which I ordered some new controls for and they ended up going to Mexico....anyway they are in Australia and I am expecting them here any day.

I have managed to knock up a couple of things just to keep the enquiries happy. So here goes:

Pics 1 - a teaser pic of my twin pump undercar surge tank. This design has been tested on a circuit VL for fitment and also performance with the extra volume compared to the initial version performing a lot better. Clearance and fitment are not a problem. As an option they can be ordered with fuel pumps and the bracket. Price will be $300 + delivery without pumps or bracket.

Pics 2 & 3 - B&M shifter adaptor - these will be priced at $140 + delivery. They are completely tig welded, prepped and painted. This one, the custyomer has asked for the front to be completely left out but if you would like it filled in, please just specify it and I can make it.

Over the next couple of weeks there will be come new design catch cans as well as a water bleeder tank and intank dual pump surge tank.

First post pricing updated

Cheers,
Ariel

VlTurboM8
06-11-11, 10:54
hi, have you made a scuttle panel cover yet? any pics?
thanks

RedStarFab
06-11-11, 18:33
SPECIAL ONE-OFF OFFER
I have 2 surge tanks for sale.
1st - twin outlet 1.5l $70 + delivery
2ns - single outlet 2.5l $80 + delivery

First in best dressed ;)

Not as yet for the scuttle panels. I am waiting on my front cut to arrive. I will certainly be telling everyone about it since there has been quite a bit of interest.

RedStarFab
11-11-11, 19:06
Finally a bit of an update....have been flat out getting back on track after the purchase of a new welder and some unexpected disappointments and delays of another welder and parts....but anyway

I thought I should post up some pics of the kind of work there seems to be a bit of a demand for.

Undercar surge tanks to suit single or twin Bosch pumps

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image104.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image089.png

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image084-1.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image049.png

Yes these are the new undercar surge tanks which I am now fabricating for VL's. They have been fitted and have no clearance problems whatsoever. They are retailing for $330 + delivery which includes the fuel pump bracket (single or twin whichever suits)

Turbo Suzuki Swift GTI - weld exhaust manifold, weld fuel lines, build radiator end tanks and mounts as well as modified radiator support to mount it & intercooler piping

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image234.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image109.png
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image099.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image094.png

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image044-1.png

Intercooler for VL Turbo - with internal baffles ;)

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image009-1.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image014-1.png

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image079.png http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image084.png

Welding of new new t3 flange to chinese exhaust manifold

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image009-3.png

As usual, if you have any questions of enquiries for anything custom made, please feel free to pm, msg or call me.

Cheers,
Ariel

VlTurboM8
11-11-11, 20:51
hi, wheres does the undercar surge tank sit?

RedStarFab
11-11-11, 20:56
Just in front of the diff. It clears the upper control arms at full suspension travel.

leb vlt
16-11-11, 19:30
Do u make oversize sumps at all, looking along the lines of 8.5ltr, baffled etc etc

cookie747
16-11-11, 20:15
Very happy with Ariel's work, definately one of the best people i have delt with in the car scene. big thumbs up!

You wouldn't happen to know if the sedan surge tanks are the same as wagon?

RedStarFab
18-11-11, 18:41
No sorry, no sumps at the moment.

Ryan - send me a pic of the underside if the car in front of the diff and I will let you know. I think they will since I think they are the same from the wheel tubs forward.

Cheers,
Ariel

InsaneVL
23-11-11, 18:16
Ariel - interested in the Surge Tank, but have a question about where it mounts.

I am presuming it mounts at the front of the diff hump and the pump is under the floor pan part (essentially under the back seat)... If the car bottoms out (say because of steep curb) in front of the rear wheels - will the ground impact the pump at all?

Ie, if viewing the car on a side profile - does the pump hang lower than the chassis at all?

In all my awesome mspaint skillz i have attached diagram to show what I mean:

RedStarFab
23-11-11, 18:34
Loving the skillz.....are you looking at "mounting" some gutters? LOL

I think the photos will tell the story...they are well above the rail

Cheers,
Ariel

RedStarFab
27-11-11, 19:09
Just one pic from this weekend

In order - 2 overflow bottles, custom catch can replacing standard airbox and 2 wiper bottle replacements. Just need the lids, fittings and mounting brackets to finish them off.

Also done R31 catch can behind the passenger side strut tower and power steering bottle replacement.

grunter01
28-11-11, 05:15
have you got a under car surge tank to suit twin pumps for a VE?

RedStarFab
28-11-11, 10:33
I don't have one ready to go but I have no problems knocking one up. Just give me a call when you like and we can sort it out.

Cheers,
Ariel

PSI_ETA
29-11-11, 10:58
Just one pic from this weekend

In order - 2 overflow bottles, custom catch can replacing standard airbox and 2 wiper bottle replacements. Just need the lids, fittings and mounting brackets to finish them off.

Also done R31 catch can behind the passenger side strut tower and power steering bottle replacement.

Hi Mate
Just wondering how much for one of those wiper bottle replacments and if you have one already to go i need pretty quick thats all thanks mate.

Regards,
Mark

trackbt1
29-11-11, 13:39
does cpc still exist? or did u just change name?
sorry if already covered love the plenums, do u still make them?
cheers george

RedStarFab
29-11-11, 18:49
PSI-ETA - I can have one ready to go in a day or 2. If that's good with you, pm me and by the time payment is in the account it will be done.

George - yeah it still exists, it's been around for too long to just let it go. There are some major new products coming out shortly on the CPC side of things to really get people thinking. So yes, the plenums are still going quite well. PM me if you need any info on them.

Here's some more detailed pics of those goodies:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1054.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1055.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1052.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1048.jpg

Cheers,
Ariel

obseshn
29-11-11, 21:24
looking good do you also sand back and polish the welds? i forgot to ask you that over the phone

RedStarFab
30-11-11, 04:12
No I haven't but there is no reason why it couldn't be done as long as the polisher takes good care.

obseshn
30-11-11, 09:39
not saying your welds arnt sexy or anything haha it was just a thought id prob just leave the welds as they are very neat anyway

RedStarFab
30-11-11, 11:37
It's all good I know what you meant

PROGMH
30-11-11, 12:46
Got the surge tank ariel. Work of art!

RedStarFab
30-11-11, 17:20
Im glad you like it Brett. Show us a pic once it is installed.

PSI_ETA
02-12-11, 15:15
PM Reply to
Thanks mate

RedStarFab
03-12-11, 05:16
Cheers Mark, it will be on its way on Monday

TroyVK
03-12-11, 20:18
Loving the new stuff Ariel

Could be keen on a few things for the supra
Things like catchcan, radiator overflow and maybe an airbox similar to what mick made for his

Let me know what info you need ect and I'll get on it

Cheers
Troy

RedStarFab
04-12-11, 04:32
Cheers Troy. I wouldn't say no to that!!!

Give me a call anytime today and we can chat about it.

Cheers,
Ariel

TroyVK
04-12-11, 20:21
Will give u a buzz 2moro mate

PSI_ETA
06-12-11, 18:44
Hi ariel
My wiper bottle turned up today thanks mate and very fast delivery thank you.

RedStarFab
06-12-11, 19:57
Not a problem at all Mark, thanks again

DeVL
10-12-11, 19:37
Ariel my sweet heart how much for a bolt in half cage????

RedStarFab
11-12-11, 05:37
hey sweet cheeks, I will call you later on today

RedStarFab
30-12-11, 19:16
I have been a busy little elf, filling in my week off with a little bit of work, tying up some loose ends really. All pics are taken, straight after it has been welded, no cleaning at all

Custom Fuel Cell - with internal pumps on custom mounts, completely baffled, rear extension acting as internal surge tank/extra baffling, removable lid for access to pumps, fuel level sender and filler lid along with return and one way valve to be fitted. It holds some 63'ish litres. Will be coming back with the car for custom made mounts, not your average square tube.....just the norm is not good enough for this kind of work and ignore the Nissan bolts, they are being replaced with Stainless steel, button head screws....in my opinion, it's the little touches that make all the difference

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image011.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image021-2.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image024-2.jpg

Catch can to sit on chassis rail in engine bay - internally baffled

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image002-2.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/image001-1.jpg

Aain, not your average mounting bracket. Admittedly, nothing special, but not just some sheetmetal with a 90deg bend in it.

Undercar surge tank - complete with twin fuel pump bracket....ooops, I'll have pics tomorrow, didn't realise I didn't take any of it today.

Happy welding,
Ariel

xAsh-
30-12-11, 23:49
That fuel cell looks great, what are the prices of those again? around the 700 mark from memory?

RedStarFab
31-12-11, 05:03
Haha x2++ I spent around 4 days making this tank. Around 6-8 hours of welding and the rest was the design and fabrication. Internally, these are more detailed then any manifold you'll see. Considering there is no need for a surge tank and all the lines and fittings that go with it, its really not that bad.

RedStarFab
01-01-12, 16:24
Small changes to the under car surge tank, here are the pics

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1203.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1202.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1201.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1200.jpg

VLWAGONIT
01-01-12, 17:28
how do the surge tanks sit under the car? will the fit a wagon?

cheers

RedStarFab
01-01-12, 17:43
They are mounted with bolts through the floor and screw into those two M8 threaded bungs on the top of the surge tank. They sit in the high part of the boot floor in a sedan.....not sure about a wagon but if that part of the floorpan is the same, I would have to say yes.

Cheers,
Ariel

boostin31
03-01-12, 17:07
Better quality pics of the internals of the fuel cell and in car pics (Not quite finished yet, going to cop stainless bolts for the lid and custom brackets) Welding work is second to none! Looks unreal and it hasnt even been polished yet!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_39361.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_85911.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_58781.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/10000011211.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/10000011201.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_47971.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_10711.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_18751.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/IMG_01251.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/2012-01-02170638.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/boostin31/2012-01-02191057.jpg

RedStarFab
03-01-12, 18:11
I can wait to add a special touch to finish off the mounts ;)

vllicious
04-01-12, 19:03
Really interested in that fuel cell set up! Price and what comes with it.

RedStarFab
04-01-12, 19:06
Looking at between $1700-$2000 with everything you see, except the pumps themselves. Final price really depends on what I do on the inside particularly how the pumps are mounted.

Cheers,
Ariel

vllicious
04-01-12, 19:27
Do you have a picture of the bottom?

RedStarFab
04-01-12, 19:29
Do you mean the underside of the tank? Sorry I don't.

boostin31
09-01-12, 18:15
Looking at between $1700-$2000 with everything you see, except the pumps themselves. Final price really depends on what I do on the inside particularly how the pumps are mounted.

Cheers,
Ariel

Im using two deatchworks 300lph intank pumps in the cell, were 160 each from the states. twin walbros can be used as well, or even 040s. Tell Ariel what you want and he'll make it work!

VlTurboM8
14-01-12, 17:56
any pictures of scuttle panel cover, catch can under battery, catch can below radiator, catch can in inner wheel arches

jbonez
15-01-12, 19:12
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jbonezing/15012012204.jpg

Got my surge tank installed.. I didnt quite put it on the flat section of the diff hump its slightly forward on the downward slope.. the bolts are pretty close to the seat backing I also put a screw threw the front plate up under the seat.. its in there solid as a rock tho..

rb25vlt8
23-02-12, 18:26
Hey mate I was wondering if you baffle ur catch can and is there a drain plug in them cheers Dave

RedStarFab
23-02-12, 18:38
Nice work jbonez.....its good to see the parts being put to good use

Yeah they sure do, baffled and fitting for the plug is all there, just need to let me know if you want plug or not, otherwise the baffling is standard

rb25vlt8
24-02-12, 17:20
Ok sounds good mate I'm looking at
Gettin a fuse box replacement catch can and a power steering res I've noticed your power steering res has braided hose style dash fittings on it how are people using them with the standard power steering lines as they a push on style ??

RedStarFab
24-02-12, 19:09
Sure can, I actually just done one last week with push in fittings

ADICTIV
27-02-12, 22:18
Scuttle panel cover pics? Very interested

RedStarFab
28-02-12, 03:29
Nothing yet on those, I will let you know when they are done

RedStarFab
04-03-12, 13:55
Something for the MotoX guys and gals out there....spray can holder with mini work space along with a helmet holder

Adam007
04-03-12, 15:14
What's one of those undercar surge tanks with twin pump mounts worth mate?

RedStarFab
04-03-12, 16:02
They are $330 delivered with the twin pump bracket

Adam007
05-03-12, 14:09
Sorry also forgot to ask how many litres those ones hold ?

RedStarFab
05-03-12, 18:38
They hold approximately 3.5-4L which is also good for thos planning an e85 upgrade.

Cheers,
Ariel

tonnys
10-03-12, 12:47
Hey mate how do i purchase one of those fuse box replacement catch cans for a vl commodore?

http://i249
.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/medium14998001.jpg

available only to calaisturbo.com.au

is a new name from a familiar face, or should I say username ISL33P

Coming from the same single person who has been a contributor and sponsor of ct.com.au for close to a combined 10 years and priding myself on the two most important things being customer service and end quality of the finished product is establishing a new business to fabricate a massive range of straight bolt in or completely customised products to fit your car.

Combining some 7+ years of manifold fabrication and a growing demand from customers for other products made to the same high standards comes a massive range of direct replacement or completely customised parts.

Pricing is as follows:

Standard replacement parts

Fuse box cover - $140
Fuse box replacement catch can - $200 (all with original K&N air filter)
Power steering bottle $110 (length is optional at no extra charge)
Wiper bottle replacement $150 (uses standard wiper motor)
Overflow bottle replacement $160 (comes with fittings for factory hoses)
Under car surge tank - $300
Radiator cover - from $140. They can be made to go all the way over the fan shroud but that will be extra - pics of this coming shortly.
B&M shifter adaptor - $140 exchange (pics on page 4)

Surge tanks - all available with either push on or AN fittings sizes of your choice

1 litre single outlet - $120 (only available with single outlet)
2.5 litre single outlet - $130
2.5 litre twin outlet - $150
4.5 litre twin outlet - $200

Catch cans from $200 including original K&N air filter. Your imagination for its placement is the only limitation. Can be put, along the chassis rail, under the battery or standard airbox, down low behind the radiator, inner wheel arches....the list goes on. Can include baffles, oil drain/return

Airboxes from $300. Commonly mounted in the original position. They can be fitted with a bellmouth both prior to the turbo inlet pipe and also on the end of the intake pipe for the airbox which is feed from behind the bumper bar - have a look at the pic below for the one I done for a twin turbo R33 GTR

Fuel cell and tanks starting from $700 with all weld on fittings required and lid - can add custom made mounts and fuel level sender

Intercoolers with internal deflectors for more efficient use of the complete full core from $1000 - can modify existing intercooler from $350, yes even the chinese ones

Triple flow radiators from $900

Delivery is additional and times may vary - Polishing starts at $35 per unit

Any questions on products, pricing or specs, please pm me, I am more than happy to offer help or advise regarding any of these products.

Cheers,
Ariel

Where quality is not compromised

RedStarFab
10-03-12, 21:01
Easiest to just send me a pm confirming you want one and I will send my bank details for the payment and you can reply with the delivery address.

Cheers,
Ariel

3lturbo
10-03-12, 21:24
hey mate, are your fuse box covers for a vl stainless?

RedStarFab
11-03-12, 07:21
Not usually but I have Some stainless here to make one for you

TroyVK
19-03-12, 21:27
Still keen to do some supra stuff Ariel
Will have a chat with you in a couple weeks about it

RedStarFab
20-03-12, 16:42
sure am....happy to organise it now and by the time a couple of weeks come around I should have them done

Ant_man
04-04-12, 21:46
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147/DEVL_01/IMG_00000050.jpg

The welds are unreal on the tanks man pitty there being polished off muhahaha

Do you also make the strut covers n polished nuts?
Ive seen them on ebay from time to time but not in the list on first page, would rather group buy bits from you.
I'm guessing the tank in top left corner is coolant and washer combined into one unit behind strut tower?
Final silly question are the catch can that replace fuse box held in by factory bracket and bolt from bottom?

RedStarFab
05-04-12, 06:44
Apologies vlturbom8, I must have missed your post for some reason - no scuttle panel at the moment. Pictures of the catch cans, check out top of page 4. That one sits on top of the guard but all I would do is put the mounts on top instead of the bottom.

Apologies also to Tonny's - they are $200 + delivery

Ant Man - sorry not strut top covers. Yes you are right about the coolant and washer bottle combined. The fuse box catch can is bolted by the bolt closest to the guard only....it doesnt need anymore than that as it it supported by the bracket underneath as well

Here is some more of my latest work

Machine and replace the top of a strut cover - machined the top off, not touching the baffles and replaced it with some new sheet

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1356.jpg

Surge tank enclosure with removeable front

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1622.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1620.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1623.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1619.jpg

Custom porting on CA18 cylinder head finished, assembled and ready to bolt on....complete custom intake manifold coming shortly

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1554.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1551.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1549.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/ISL33P/IMG_1547.jpg

Should be able to post up photos of the new fuel system for the Datsun ute if I finish it this weekend. Stainless steel lines from front to back as well as mounting a modified r31 fuel tank under the rear of the tray and surge tank in the front of the tray. The surge tank was going to be mounted underneath, but that will get in the way of the new suspension being installed.

Happy welding,
Ariel

wpn_vl
05-04-12, 15:29
Never knew you done port work. Looking good man.

RedStarFab
05-04-12, 16:54
Yeah I do. Thing is you can't go overboard especially for street cars, they don't need much.

There isn't much porting in this apart from the merging of the 2 ports since the Oz delivered ca's run 8 individual ports. Apart from that it was a good clean up to get rid of all the factory casting marks and matching the exhaust ports to the new flange.

Adam007
05-04-12, 18:00
Cheers Ariel :)

Will get some photos up once it's installed :)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/adamreef/VL%20Project/IMG_0705.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk24/adamreef/VL%20Project/IMG_0706.jpg

RedStarFab
05-04-12, 20:08
Glad you are happy with it Adam. I will keep an eye out on your thread as the project progresses.

Ariel

SLIKVR
06-04-12, 00:44
will the wiper washer and overflow bottles suit a VP calais?

rb25vlt8
20-04-12, 11:12
Hey mate keen on a fuse box catch can and pwr steering res can u pm me ur number so I can organize payment and mods to suit my car

RedStarFab
20-04-12, 15:35
Hey Dave, is on its way with all my details

Cheers,
Ariel

RedStarFab
25-04-12, 08:43
This is where I will be uploading all my latest work so follow me and feel free to share it :)

www.facebook.com/redstarfabrications

Duke57TT
01-05-12, 11:22
Would you be interested in making a aluminium fabbed tank for the VX?

Want a built in surge/submersible lift pump/multiple pickups etc and be able to mount 2 x Aeromotive A1000's on it. So 3 AN-10's off the surge. 2 x Feeds and a Single Return.

Will you want the pumps and tank? etc

RedStarFab
01-05-12, 12:25
No problems at all. Yeah I would need tank and pumps, where do you want to mount this tank?

Duke57TT
01-05-12, 12:40
Factory spot mate... I know I am being difficult.

RedStarFab
01-05-12, 22:46
What's the chance of you making your way up here with the tank and pumps

Duke57TT
01-05-12, 22:48
Pretty good... The car is in Melbourne, but I can grab a fuel tank from a wreckers from a VX and get one of my pumps.

RedStarFab
01-05-12, 22:49
Sounds good. Whenever you get them together, just let me know and we can arrange it

<NICK>
07-05-12, 22:40
ordered a catch can through ariel , top guy to deal with just waiting for the item to arrive , ill let you know how it goes ! thanks again

Duke57TT
15-05-12, 15:55
How would you be situated for me to drop in late next week with the tank and pumps?

RedStarFab
15-05-12, 20:33
no worries what so ever. Friday is best for me. Just give me a call or message me and we can sort it out

Duke57TT
15-05-12, 20:41
I'll give you a bell early next week. I will rough the idea and at least bring a plan with me so I don't waste your time.

RedStarFab
15-05-12, 21:10
sounds good to me

Steve VL
05-06-12, 21:01
Cant wait to see my bay with all these goodies in it :)

RedStarFab
10-08-12, 20:42
New radiator cover....with some contours to follow bonnet latch etc and a pic of the overflow bottle installed

Don't forget to follow my new facebook page for the latest from Red Star Fab

Steve VL
11-08-12, 00:10
mmm cant wait for more on my wags ;)

IMCRZY
06-09-12, 21:19
Toooo bad all that nice stuff is on that **** silver VL wagon lol... Will give you a call tomorrow about my manifold Ariel, and a mate has a couple of things he wants quotes on...

RedStarFab
07-09-12, 07:37
All wagons need some sort of love.......no worries at all

Althoats
07-09-12, 08:12
mmmmmmmmmmmm cant wait to have my car violated by ariel ;)

RedStarFab
07-09-12, 08:18
have to love a good violation ;)

Steve VL
08-09-12, 16:59
Toooo bad all that nice stuff is on that **** silver VL wagon lol... Will give you a call tomorrow about my manifold Ariel, and a mate has a couple of things he wants quotes on...

That wasnt very nice :(

RedStarFab
23-09-12, 18:35
standard vlt exhaust manifold modified to fit an external wastegate......have you seen many as neat as this? ;)

Wkd_Vl
23-09-12, 19:15
how much do you charge to do that

RedStarFab
23-09-12, 19:29
about $150-180 depending on wastegate size....it determines the amount of work involved

Wkd_Vl
23-09-12, 19:55
ah ok kool. will keep this is mind if i ever go down the ext gate path

grunter01
23-09-12, 20:00
is that my wastegate ariel?

RedStarFab
23-09-12, 20:15
not a problem at all

no its not, yours is going on a tt rb25 manifold

TroyVK
23-09-12, 22:16
Your work never stops impressing me Ariel
Nice work

I'm still keen on some supra bay bits but won't b for at least a month or so

RedStarFab
24-09-12, 07:20
Cheers Troy, no rush on this end

RedStarFab
06-10-12, 05:55
Not sure if I have posted these up in the past.....catch can's for where the standard airbox "used" to go.

Completely baffled, with drain hole if you like and with the filter as pictured, $250 + delivery.

RedStarFab
06-10-12, 06:01
....and some variations to the fuse box catch can.

Just because there are no photos, doesn't mean I can't make it. All you have to do is ask, just like these two guys did, and I will see what I can do.

Cheers,
Ariel

86SLVLT
06-10-12, 09:04
Thanks Ariel looks good!

boostdvh
07-10-12, 21:22
Looks the goods Ariel can't wait to get it fitted

RedStarFab
08-10-12, 18:27
Anytime gents.....they both went in the mail this afternoon.

DeVL
09-10-12, 14:11
Are you able to machine me a billet dizzy yet?

Jet R31
09-10-12, 16:10
standard vlt exhaust manifold modified to fit an external wastegate......have you seen many as neat as this? ;)

I've never seen one that neat..impressive!
cheers
darren

RedStarFab
09-10-12, 20:03
Cheers Darren

Pete I haven't as yet but am planning the purchase of my own lathe very shortly so this and a few other goodies are coming.

IMCRZY
09-10-12, 20:36
That wasnt very nice :(

Sorry man it was supposed to say "sexy" but the **** come up for some reason lol

DeVL
09-10-12, 22:49
Cheers Darren

Pete I haven't as yet but am planning the purchase of my own lathe very shortly so this and a few other goodies are coming.

If you hadn't spent all that money on nipple clamps you'd have one by now. Let me know when you've got it and ill get you to spin one up for me...

Do you think you could make up some polished stainless steel heat shielding inserts for the bonnet between the bracing to stop the paint from bubbling on top because of the turbo.

Thanks sunshine

RedStarFab
11-10-12, 05:12
Well I had different priorities when I bought those clamps ;)

I will do.

Yeah I could get them laser cut so the are spot on and then people can attach them with double sides tape, sick flex or anything like that.......maybe even get something laser engraved or patterns cut into them. Like a logo, no plate etc etc

DeVL
13-10-12, 23:58
Give me a price sweet heart

RedStarFab
14-10-12, 05:39
I'll get a price on the billet and let you know. Do you want it machined from a solid billet piece ($$$$$$$) or do you want me to make one from some round tube a sh1tload cheaper but will have welds instead of being one piece like a billet one

DeVL
14-10-12, 13:17
I ment for the bonnet inserts.....

RedStarFab
14-10-12, 19:01
sorry, about $30-40 per insert

RedStarFab
22-10-12, 20:41
Some I haven't done many of, so here is another couple of examples

one on the left is coolant overflow, one on the left is a combination power steering reservoir and wiper bottle

VLWAGONIT
29-10-12, 13:40
hey mate would the under car surge tanks fit a wagon with no clearance issues?

RedStarFab
29-10-12, 20:25
I've sold a few to wagon owners with no problems

grunter01
04-11-12, 08:56
hey ariel how much can you make a radiator over flow bottle and washer bottle with a sight gauge on the side for them?

RedStarFab
04-11-12, 15:45
Where you do you want to mount them?

grunter01
04-11-12, 16:10
hmm good point i havent thought about that yet, i will have a look at my bay and get back to you... Where do people put them rather then the standard spot so i can get ideas?

RedStarFab
04-11-12, 17:59
Behind the headlight is the most popular and really cleans up the bay

RedStarFab
07-11-12, 10:37
some work on a turbo'd TE Cortina I am doing at the moment.

- modified ebay intercooler with new end tanks with diffusers inside
- surge tank on rubber mounts to reduce vibration and noise
- wiper bottle

There are heaps more pics on my facebook page www.facebook.com/redstarfabrications

VLT87Kal
09-11-12, 20:46
If you hadn't spent all that money on nipple clamps you'd have one by now. Let me know when you've got it and ill get you to spin one up for me...

Do you think you could make up some polished stainless steel heat shielding inserts for the bonnet between the bracing to stop the paint from bubbling on top because of the turbo.

Thanks sunshine

also keen on the bonnet plates if u could put up a preview pic?

RedStarFab
11-11-12, 03:52
Unfortunately I don't have any pics because no-one has ordered a set. It will basically be a flat sheet of stainless or aluminium, depending on what you prefer to the shape.

SteveVL - sounds like I need you to come past for a measure up ;)

SLSLEEPER
04-12-12, 14:02
Hey Ariel , i need a catch can that fits in the right hand side front corner of engine bay need to have 2 x -10 male fittings and air filter and drain plug.
Here are some pics and measurement to go off ,

Cheers Kal

RedStarFab
04-12-12, 16:12
Hi,

Not a problem at all.

Looking at $270 + delivery. It will have a step cut out of it to clear the piping.

Cheers,
Ariel

SLSLEEPER
04-12-12, 17:13
Cool send me your account details ,through email kals@iinet.net.au

and ill pay it straight away

Adam007
06-12-12, 23:12
I am selling two items purchased from Ariel if anyone is interested, the twin pump undercar surge tank and the B&M shifter adapter. Both brand new, selling due to change of plans.

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?p=2980713#post2980713

PROMASTER
07-12-12, 01:22
Looks like quality workman ship.

xAsh-
07-12-12, 23:36
Ariel do you weld parts if customers send them to you? I wanted a std exhaust manifold modified and wondered if you were interested in doing it?

RedStarFab
12-12-12, 04:18
SLSLEEPER - sms with bank details sent

Adam - if there is anything else I can help you with, pleas let me know

PROMASTER - cheers mate

xAsh - I sure do. What do you have in mind? The external wastegate modification?

Cheers,
Ariel

RedStarFab
12-12-12, 04:36
some of my latest work

xAsh-
12-12-12, 08:56
Yeah was looking at getting the spacer added on, and possibly see if a external gate would fit off the housing (GT35) in low mount position?

I'd prefer there be no wastegate sticking up through the heatshield for stealth purposes

rbwpn
12-12-12, 17:40
whats the quickest anyone has gone with one of these plenums?

ISL33P
13-12-12, 09:19
Queen Street Gemini 7's, with the street version

rbwpn
13-12-12, 17:15
Queen Street Gemini 7's, with the street version

nice.

what about a VL?

RedStarFab
13-12-12, 18:29
Race Version 8.3 on low boost
Street version 8.8 or something close to that

RedStarFab
15-12-12, 15:59
now 8.22

OOH30T definitely on the move... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxzCRctq8q0)

SLSLEEPER
23-12-12, 15:57
Ariel , hows the catch can coming along when can i expect it.

RedStarFab
23-12-12, 20:28
You should have it by very early Jan at the latest

RedStarFab
27-12-12, 08:48
Can you please get me this measurement in yellow in the same way you did including the tape measure in the pic. Cheers, Ariel

OBT100
29-12-12, 11:39
Some really nice welding in those photos, impressive!

Ajvx01
29-12-12, 13:53
Mate you ever made a drop base like Adam is selling for a t700 or trimatic in a vc commy and standard console? Just curious...

SLSLEEPER
02-01-13, 20:42
sent some photos that i had on my phone ,hope they help. 3inch intercooler pipe

RedStarFab
04-01-13, 12:59
thanks for that. I will get it done early next week for you.

Ariel

RedStarFab
07-01-13, 10:05
Sorry AJ I missed your comment. Yeah I have done quite a few. I just need the standard "drop box" if I can call it that and the length of your shifter and I will make it to suit

Ajvx01
07-01-13, 20:15
Ah cool, when I decide which shiftr I go with I may chat in more detail:)

Ajvx01
08-01-13, 14:27
So in my case do you think you could make a drop box to suit my vk shifter surround in my vc:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a410/ajvx01/b9419b2f.jpg

To fit a b&m pro ratchet fit like this?

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a410/ajvx01/4D9D6AAB-5EDF-4C52-A5B1-DEA3B9BBB9FA-949-00000151A5621007.jpg

What price would I be looking at?

RedStarFab
09-01-13, 05:27
Send me a photo if what's under the console and I'll let you know

sgrah
15-01-13, 21:35
Awesome stuff.
PM sent.

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 05:25
PM replied.

Over the Xmas break, I got stuck into teaching myself how to so some 3D drawing and here is what I come up with.

1 - Custom engine mounts to suit a CA18 in a 1200 ute
2 - RB25/26 exhaust manifold flange with transistion from port shape to ID of steam pipe bends

There is plenty more to come.....one of them is aluminium RB30 sumps and other is power steering pump relocation bracket. Just waiting to get a spare block and the drawings will begin ;)

Keep posted,
Ariel

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 05:50
What price will you do the rb25 exhaust flanges for, also very interested about the alloy rb30 sump about time some one started making them. Will they be larger capacity cast alloy? Would also be nice if they had a bung location with enough meat at the front for the rb25/30 oil return instead of having to tee back into the Turbo oil drain.

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 06:06
I am actually just waiting on a price at the moment. Would you like the one with the transistion or without ie keeping the port shape on both faces?

The sump will be a sheetmetal one, since I will be making them on a one by one basis at the start. The things I am going to include so far are:
- larger capacity
- gated and baffled
- oil return on drivers side (one from rear of head for 26 twin cams) which can be used for catch can overflow. Having it located on the drivers side stops the reversion of the gases due to the crank rotation
- and a meaty bung for the drain ;)

Ariel

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 15:25
Yeah it would just be for the rb25 flange.

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 17:47
Ok, just one more question, do you want it to suit both 25 and 26 in case you upgrade heads....also makes it easier to sell. no difference in price.

They are getting cut tomorrow.

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 17:52
Ok, just one more question, do you want it to suit both 25 and 26 in case you upgrade heads....also makes it easier to sell. no difference in price.

They are getting cut tomorrow.don't bother me if it suits both mate, its a r33 head so has the larger ports very similar to 26 any ways. Pm me a price

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 17:54
no worries. I will have some prices tomorrow morning. I will get some cut regardless, because I have a few manifolds to make

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 17:59
no worries. I will have some prices tomorrow morning. I will get some cut regardless, because I have a few manifolds to makejust one more thing can ya make it out of 14mm think mild steel

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 18:03
I only have lengths of 12 and a small bit of 16. I would have to buy a length of 14mm, $100

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 18:10
16mm is still good, I just want enough meat left in the flange after welding an machining thats all

RedStarFab
16-01-13, 18:12
should only need a light skim if you have it clamped properly and with some preload, thats why i use 12mm. 16mm is not a problem if thats what you prefer?

vh sle rb
16-01-13, 18:16
OK cheers for the advice, pm me when its good to go I'll take your word for it if you say the 12mm is the go.

RedStarFab
17-01-13, 19:33
Just to get things underway......RB30 sheetmetal sump COMING SOON!!

RedStarFab
21-01-13, 05:59
Here is the first one I have had done. RB26.

I will be getting a few more in the next couple of days, 2xRB25 and 1xRB25/26

They come to $100 each, my cost price.

Healy
02-02-13, 18:45
How much are you going to charge for the sumps? Cheers

RedStarFab
03-02-13, 06:33
Haven't got a price yet...once I have finished the design I will have a better idea of what it will be.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Cheers,
Ariel

RB-GEM
03-02-13, 07:32
Good to see that they're still keeping you busy Ariel .

RedStarFab
03-02-13, 09:22
Cheers George...I kind of have too, this is my full-time job now