View Full Version : Tuning Problems

psipowr
02-07-04, 14:39
HI Guys,
i just having a few problems with my walky. it starts up o.k for bout a minute, then it loses it idle and then stalls, what could it be? i've changed plugs, leads, injectors and coil.
it just sounds out of tune, is there any way i can tune it myself or does it have to on a dyno?

help appreciated

vlt-dreamer
02-07-04, 16:59
maybe get it on a dyno at a performance shop - so they can pinpoint the problem?

ILLUSIV
03-07-04, 03:38
Best to have it tuned on a dyno, with someone who has Kalmaker, the program to tune delco computers which the walky uses....

Dyno is far more than just a tool for measuring power. It's great for finding little problems throughout the rev range.....

Walkie
06-07-04, 09:35
Best to have it tuned on a dyno, with someone who has Kalmaker, the program to tune delco computers which the walky uses....

Dyno is far more than just a tool for measuring power. It's great for finding little problems throughout the rev range.....

there is a meter (some call it an idle motor) near the throttle bodies, I changed mine and it helped a lot.

vlt-dreamer
06-07-04, 10:33
TPS - on the throttle body - that what your talking about?

Corsa
06-07-04, 22:13
The two throttle bodies on the Walky don't have an idle air bypass like normal throttle bodies do. They use a separate valve for this. This would be the part that Walkie is referring to.
Corsa

Injection
12-08-04, 00:41
although I don't have a walky, my car runs the same EFI system. Does it stall when you are driving it, ie as soon as you put your foot on the clutch?

I had this exact problem and was because the speed sensor kacked itself. You should eventually get a fault code from it.

Put in a new sensor, prblem fixed immediately.

Also, try cleaning out the throttle bodies. After a while they cake up with a bit of crap and may be restricting air flow at idle.