View Full Version : 12Volt Customs - www.12voltcustoms.com.au **HIDDEN WIRING SPECIALS**

Pages : [1] 2

STOWLN
02-03-08, 11:22
Due to expanding in diffrent areas, i have added a second name which is a divison of Spot On Auto Electrical. 12Volt Customs will take over all the custom work, and only focus on that department, which will all be in-house, whilst Spot On Auto Electrical will remain in-house and mobile work for your everyday electrical needs.

12Volt Customs Specialize in:

* Engine Bay Hidden Wiring
* Relocating Batterys
* Relocating Fusebox's
* Restorations
* Wiring Conversions
* Custom made looms to suit older cars inc hot rods.
* Custom made looms to suit drag cars.
* Isolator Switches/Emergency cut off Switches
* Autometer Clusters
* 12Volt Customs switch panels
* Fiberglassing/fabrications ***NEW***

***We Now Supply & Fit AUTRONICS ECU***

[12Volt Customs website coming soon]

***Contact Stef on 0434 618 728***

***HIDDEN WIRING SPECIALS***

12Volt Customs specialize in custom hidden wiring for all makes and models, from mild to full show quality condition.
Due to popular demand, i have included special package deals for the holden commodore range.

HIDDEN WIRING - VB-VL : From $600 (Basic package)
HIDDEN WIRING - VL : $800 (show package 1) $1,000 (show package 2)
HIDDEN WIRING - VN-VP : From $1,200
HIDDEN WIRING - VR-VS : From $1,600
HIDDEN WIRING - VT onwards : From $1,900

***No shortcuts taken, ALL joints soldered***

ALL hidden wiring jobs receive FREE new earth connections and earth upgrades.

Tailor Made package deals can be made on customers request.
Some examples:

- Fusebox relocated
- Battery relocated
- Cruise Control Module relocated
- Ignition Module relocated
- Wiring on rear firewall relocated/removed
- Injector wiring cleaned up
- Customise engine loom/computer

Yeti
03-03-08, 12:23
Can't go past Stef when it comes to custom wiring:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140028.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140019.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140018.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140013.jpg

Results speak for themselves, good luck with it mate.

STOWLN
03-03-08, 13:34
***NEW DEALS***

12v Dimisters

This great deal is for the people who never or hardly use there heater in there car and also the many cars with big motors that tend to get plenty of fumes from there engine bay, throw the air vents into the cabin. Its a simple 12v Dimister for your windscreen, and all it takes is a flick of a switch to get it working.

ADVANTAGES

- Less weight in the car (factory heater box)
- Deleting heater hoses from engine bay
- Deleting lines coming out of firewall into engine bay
- More free space under dashboard for further custom work etc.
- An oppurtunity to customise dash fascia were heater controls are located.
- Still passes roadworthy

$230

***NEW***

105AMP VL Alternator
Since i cannot find an aftermarket alternator for the VL model that has higher amperage, we can now take your factory 70amp alternator, and can be wounded up to 105amps to help the people that run either AU thermo fans, big fuel pump setup or big audio systems.
Ive had alot of customers complain about dimming lights, and volts dropping a fair bit with fans. pumps and headlights on same time.

130AMP for the VN-VS 5ltrs.
Cars with * AU thermo fans or similar
* Big HP Fuel pumps (eg. Bosch 044 etc.)
* Airbags
* General accesorries that drain alot of amperage

Price is at $250, its an awsome mod to do when having alot of things going on at once.

Quick example

Take a commodore that has a Bosch 044 fuel pump, au fans, and headlights all running at the same time.

044 pump - 25-30amps
AU Fans - 35-40amps (at full peak)
Headlights - 15-20amps

As you can see, just these 3 alone can pump out 90amps alone, and i havnt even included a mild or big stereo system. As you can see, a factory 85amp alternator, (VN-VS) and 70amp (VL) will NOT survive for very long.

Epitaph
03-03-08, 14:26
Sounds great, i'll definetly be calling to get my wiring done on my tonner!

DIXIE
03-03-08, 15:29
yeah i know who i'm calling :)

wpn_vl
03-03-08, 16:58
i'm guessing i'll have to come to melbs to get this done??? or would you come to wodonga by any chance at all??? if so my car needs doing atm:p lol.

gf81
03-03-08, 17:20
Sounds like a great service and seem like great prices for the amount and quality of work that's done. I'd even consider sending my wagon across the country to get some of this stuff done as I doubt there'd be many people in WA that could do this level of work.
I'm really looking forward to seeing some more of these prepped engine bays. Good luck.

REVENU
03-03-08, 17:35
this is just what i been looking for!!

Whats the waiting list like??

STOWLN
03-03-08, 18:21
the next couple weeks im booked out, so end of this month or pretty much right after easter. If you have an idea of going ahead with one of the packages, even if your planning in doing it in one months time, its nice to recieve a PM just to give me an indication of what needs to get done, so i can work out the time that is required for the job and book the car in. I am currently working on 2 VL's that will be finished real soon, one of them going full house with autometer cluster, inc. hidden wiring. Pictures will be up as soon as there done. Any questions ask away :)

REVENU
03-03-08, 18:52
might seem like a silly question but i was always told theres no such thing as silly questions lol........ How safe will my car be while its with you?

YEP_boost
03-03-08, 21:18
Good luck with it all Stef, I can highly reccomend his work. P.S. We got to meet up soon, get some of the locals out and about.

STOWLN
03-03-08, 23:42
REVENU: Nah mate not a silly question at all, Yeti (Charles) left his car with me at home for over a week and had no issues at all. Work is from home cause i have done an extension, and i have made a workshop at the back :)
All cars are locked up 24/7.
Steve: for sure mate we have to catch up again 100%.

Yeti
05-03-08, 11:42
Indeed, my car was with Stef for about a week, came back in one piece. Was missing a few things out of the bay though :)

I'll be getting more work done in the future, especially under the dash ;)

REVENU
05-03-08, 14:28
Well then i guess i better save some coin up get in touch with ya!

Can ya fit gas struts for the bonnet?

STOWLN
05-03-08, 19:08
gas struts for bonnets isnt a problem man, can do that no worries.

Paranoid
05-03-08, 19:40
gday have you got a pic of the demister? and does it clear the screen well?

STOWLN
09-03-08, 12:50
it does a good job of cleaning the windscreen, havnt had any problems with them, sorry no pics.

adam79
09-03-08, 20:20
where do u put the fusebox when u move them from engine bay and do have photos of final placement

STOWLN
09-03-08, 21:38
Relocating the fusebox from engine bay is up to the customer. The main choices you have is in the glovebox, or under the dashboard, with a customised mounting bracket to suit. Either way i mount them so its an easy place to get too, in case you have to reach out and look at the fuses. Another extra that ive added before on a customers car, is a courtesy light which ive put under the dashboard were ive mounted the fusebox, in case a fuse blows at night time and you got no light under the dash, switch it on, and it all lights up too see excatly what your doing. Im in the middle of doing one, so once its all wired up and mounted ill take some pics of it, and post them up for you.

dvs_wgn
11-03-08, 21:33
top work done some technical work on the old mans wagon will be ding work on the dvswgn shortly! too good at the caper steph!

{PIGYB8}
18-03-08, 20:12
Stef, Im still going to get you to do my bay mate just trying to get money together and figure out how much im going to get you to do.
Anyways just letting you no im not ****ing you around mate.
cheers

STOWLN
18-03-08, 23:30
no problems mate, just let me know :)

kidmavric
19-03-08, 19:39
its a damn sham you boys arn't located in wa :(

STOWLN
19-03-08, 20:04
hehe chuck it on a transport truck :P

cwreck
19-03-08, 22:40
Well done buddy-

will have to catch up like last time-

pm me those dimister details has i might need them soon-

Nick--

benjipsi
25-03-08, 00:21
What are the differences between show packages 1 & 2 to suit vl?
cheers

what do each include

STOWLN
25-03-08, 15:50
What are the differences between show packages 1 & 2 to suit vl?
cheers

what do each include

Show Package 1: Hides all wiring from each side of the body.
Show Package 2: Hides all wiring from each side of the body, and also more focus on the wiring on the motor, especially on driver side near starter motor/aftermarket plenum, were most wires/looms are exposed.

Yeti
26-03-08, 00:21
Here's what Stef did on my car with the motor wiring in my bay:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140025.jpg

Bax
26-03-08, 00:30
Why do I have to live in QLD. Noone here to do the work it's crap.

STOWLN
26-03-08, 00:44
Why do I have to live in QLD. Noone here to do the work it's crap.

What type of work you looking in getting done too your car? You can always send it down here :)

gf81
26-03-08, 01:39
Seriously considering sending my wagon across to you later in the year with the quality of the work you do. Anyone know roughly how much it'd cost me to transport a car from Perth to Melbourne and back again?

Bax
26-03-08, 09:59
I'd say you're looking at least a grand unless you know someone or know someone that is already heading over this way.

Stowln, I was looking at getting my wiring hidden, battery is already in the boot, tray is removed, so all that really needs to be done is the wiring hidden so the bay looked all tidy.

A roadtrip may be on the cards in the future but for now I'm going to have to go without.

benjipsi
27-03-08, 05:39
I'd say you're looking at least a grand unless you know someone or know someone that is already heading over this way.

Stowln, I was looking at getting my wiring hidden, battery is already in the boot, tray is removed, so all that really needs to be done is the wiring hidden so the bay looked all tidy.

I rekkon around the 5-600 mark 1k is steep man

as above is pretty much all im after to oh and fuse box re-location
what $$$ would i be lookin at----
really nice work BTW

STOWLN
27-03-08, 14:25
benjipsi: Ive sent you a PM regarding a package deal for you. cheers.

rav57l
31-03-08, 20:15
any chance you would come to canberra.may be even move :)

calaisv8
04-04-08, 08:13
hey mate just wondering i have put a injected 5L into my vl, now...i have converted the vn dash into the vl aswell had to customise a heap of s#@t but its all in and mounted up and i want all the wirring for the engine and headlights and the relays/fuses that sit near the battery relocated probs behind the pannels and also the battery is in the boot, i have smoothed the engine bay and i have one hole that i wanted to feed everything throug(the hole for the rb30 auto gearbox thats closer to the firewall) now would it be possible if soon when i save up more money to send my loom to you would you be able to do this or would i be looking at bringing my whole car down so you can use the body to work of? thanks mate:)

STOWLN
04-04-08, 20:04
hey mate just wondering i have put a injected 5L into my vl, now...i have converted the vn dash into the vl aswell had to customise a heap of s#@t but its all in and mounted up and i want all the wirring for the engine and headlights and the relays/fuses that sit near the battery relocated probs behind the pannels and also the battery is in the boot, i have smoothed the engine bay and i have one hole that i wanted to feed everything throug(the hole for the rb30 auto gearbox thats closer to the firewall) now would it be possible if soon when i save up more money to send my loom to you would you be able to do this or would i be looking at bringing my whole car down so you can use the body to work of? thanks mate:)

Its gonna be alot of mucking around if you just sent me the loom, only cause i obviously have to dummy fit the loom onto the body too see how everything fits, and see if i need to shorten/lengthen the loom itself. If you wanna go ahead with it and you wanna send the car down here, send me a PM and we can work something out. cheers.

calaisv8
05-04-08, 21:09
yeah ok mate ill keep this thread and see what happens because no 1 does that work round here so yeah ill sus it out (expense on shipping it down) and ill go from there cheers mate :)

blownvr
07-05-08, 10:24
wow thats a really good price for full smoothed bay, keep up the good work, how much for a flat firewall in a VR PM me if u like

xchser
07-05-08, 12:19
Top prices Stef ill be giving you a call soon

13FLAT
07-05-08, 13:20
Hey mate can you please post up some pics of your electric dimister setup.

STOWLN
08-05-08, 10:18
blownvr: PM sent

bes: thanx champ, ill talk too ya soon :)

575hpi: PM sent

Epitaph
08-05-08, 10:31
Stef: i'll give ya a bell again this week or next, just sorting out the last of the stuff mate.

BLU-GMH
08-05-08, 10:35
as soon as i get some money together ill give u a call

STOWLN
08-05-08, 12:29
Kane: No worries man, lets get it all done and driving :)

BLU-GMH: Whenever your ready mate

Epitaph
08-05-08, 13:16
Kane: No worries man, lets get it all done and driving :)

BLU-GMH: Whenever your ready mate
That low mount bracket just turned up to work via courier, so i'll get down there soon and mount it up, some stage this weekend i would say. I'll get the starter on then we're good to go hey?

STOWLN
08-05-08, 13:58
That low mount bracket just turned up to work via courier, so i'll get down there soon and mount it up, some stage this weekend i would say. I'll get the starter on then we're good to go hey?

Yep get starter motor going, also mount the coil and fit the dizzy :)

LAMBYZ
09-05-08, 19:20
g'day stef

i had the xe fairmont that you installed the tacho in the other month.
just got a new ride (VN BT1) to replace the old calais, and was looking to get the wires tidied up around the battery, and fitting of tacho and oil/water gauges. how much am I roughly looking at?
cheers.
matt

STOWLN
09-05-08, 19:56
g'day stef

i had the xe fairmont that you installed the tacho in the other month.
just got a new ride (VN BT1) to replace the old calais, and was looking to get the wires tidied up around the battery, and fitting of tacho and oil/water gauges. how much am I roughly looking at?
cheers.
matt

hey matt yeah i remember mate, did you want me too come past your place and have a look at excatly what you want done? That way i can give you a more accurate quote :)

LAMBYZ
10-05-08, 00:43
cheers mate, that'd be grouse. any afternoon late next week would suit, just wanna get a rough idea as to prices.
thanks again mate

STOWLN
07-06-08, 15:17
VL Fuserail into glovebox

http://i28.tinypic.com/a2ek3r.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/21dlce8.jpg

XPNSIV
07-06-08, 23:15
hey mate, ive got a vr clubsport, ive had the fusebox movved to where the battery is, but want it in the glove box, the wiring is all hidden already too, how much to relocate the fuse box?

STOWLN
09-06-08, 00:56
hey mate, ive got a vr clubsport, ive had the fusebox movved to where the battery is, but want it in the glove box, the wiring is all hidden already too, how much to relocate the fuse box?

PM sent mate.

Antranik
09-06-08, 16:04
Hey mate, got a question from a friend.

How much to install an eBoost 2 Controller with hiding the wires as much as you can?

Please send PM.

STOWLN
10-06-08, 00:52
Hey mate, got a question from a friend.

How much to install an eBoost 2 Controller with hiding the wires as much as you can?

Please send PM.

Pm sent.

freEze_dK
10-06-08, 00:55
hey mate,, just wondering how much youll charge to hide the brake lines on my pushbike?

STOWLN
10-06-08, 15:01
hey mate,, just wondering how much youll charge to hide the brake lines on my pushbike?

lol... such an idiot rob, can i hide ur head aswell? :p

neRok
10-06-08, 15:15
keen on your electric demister, any more details (size etc) or photos of them?

misk
10-06-08, 15:19
ill post this here incase other people might be curious about it also...

im looking at geting a fair bit of custom metal fab done in my bay - ill use chubby as an example, but would be slightly different.
id understand if it's a bit hard to quote this kinda of work, but can you guys handle this kind of work?
keeping in mind all wiring, booster etc will already hidden.
would consist of sheet metal firewall, boxed headlights and chassis rails, sheet metal radiator crossmember, all welds, holes and seems smoothed, and area between strut tower and firewall boxed, all smoothed in primer ready to paint...
basically everything smoothed and cleaned up lol

i did have someone organised to handle it, but i might be convinced to take it to you if your keen...

would be something very similar to this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/tufflux380/Photo0087.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/tufflux380/Photo0085.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/tufflux380/Photo0093.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/tufflux380/Photo0090.jpg

Epitaph
10-06-08, 16:08
Just wondering how much you charge when people keep holding you up? haha i'll give you a call soon mate, new thermos arrive tomorrow and the rest of the car is complete... pretty much :p

STOWLN
10-06-08, 16:29
LoL @ Kane, no worries man let me know when, and ill make the day trip over there haha.

Misk: A job like that we can handle, in fact there are 3 cars already in the making similar too what you have in mind getting done as we speak.

neRok: Photos of 12v dimisters will be up within the week.

misk
10-06-08, 16:39
awesome :) any idea on a rough price just for the sheetmetal and smoothing work?
not that id hold you to it, just to get an idea...

STOWLN
10-06-08, 16:46
awesome :) any idea on a rough price just for the sheetmetal and smoothing work?
not that id hold you to it, just to get an idea...

PM sent mate.

Rand0l
11-06-08, 18:37
Hey mate im in brisbane and i am aware that your elsewere but i need my engine bay wiring cleaned up. Can u recomend anywhere i can get that done ?

STOWLN
12-06-08, 16:42
Hey mate im in brisbane and i am aware that your elsewere but i need my engine bay wiring cleaned up. Can u recomend anywhere i can get that done ?

Sorry bud, wouldnt know anyone in Brisbane.

DVS VL280
12-06-08, 19:44
hey stef do u have any picks of vt's or onwards with 8's in them, im interested in doing the senator and just wanna see what it looks like, cheers mate

neRok
16-06-08, 15:25
got those demister photos yet?

turbzie
16-06-08, 18:23
demister photos please, and a rough price for the same work as misk is asking cheerz

STOWLN
17-06-08, 01:13
Dimister pics r coming this week, just been flat out and ive ran out of stock for the dimisters, so gotta get some more in and take pics of them.

Josh: Dont have pics of VT onwards engine bays mate, but if your intrested in cleaning your bay up let me know and will work something out. cheers.

Dimister pics added
In the deal you get a pair of dimisters, which get mounted on each side of under the dashboard, and can be controlled via a switch. Please note these dimisters cannot be compared to factory dimisters, they are simply a replacement for people who never use there heater, or require more space under there dashboards, and would like a dimister simply for clearing up the windscreen and roadworthy purposes.

http://i26.tinypic.com/kcxyk8.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2mr74ug.jpg

CAL415
28-06-08, 21:05
do you have any pics of your autometer clusters?

LAMBYZ
29-06-08, 05:30
I've just had my VN spend a bit of time with Stef and I couldn't be happier with the results. Had the engine bay wires cleaned up and hidden, along with the battery re-mounted in the boot. Can't speak highly enough of the workmanship and the effort that the bloke goes too for ya. Cheers mate, looking forward to getting her back and finally on the road haha.

neRok
30-06-08, 15:47
have you got any demisters in stock yet. im still keen for a pair.

STOWLN
03-07-08, 12:27
thanx matt wont be too long now :)

neRok: Ive sent you a PM with details.

Eden
07-07-08, 15:31
hi stef im after a qoute to get my engine wired up(inj 5.0l with new engine harness, haltech managment) ive moved the fuse box inside the cabin and removed everything from the bay, as its been resprayed ready for the new motor,and put the battery in the boot. i would need some autometer gauges fitted as well, tacho and boost.
any idea on price would be great

Regards Eden 0420749957

STOWLN
07-07-08, 18:03
hi stef im after a qoute to get my engine wired up(inj 5.0l with new engine harness, haltech managment) ive moved the fuse box inside the cabin and removed everything from the bay, as its been resprayed ready for the new motor,and put the battery in the boot. i would need some autometer gauges fitted as well, tacho and boost.
any idea on price would be great

Regards Eden 0420749957

PM has been sent to ya :)

STOWLN
08-07-08, 19:31
Okay guys Autosalon 08 (Melbourne) is on the first week of October, which is less then 3months away from now. For those people who are entering and are going to go ahead with hidden wiring/customised engine bays for the show, will need to book in there cars at least 2 weeks prior to bringing it to me since the following 3 months will be busy. Deadline for booking in cars for the show will be mid september unless negotiated with me via PM. cheers.

turbzie
27-07-08, 21:57
are ur demisters road worthy in nsw and how much to make me a complete wiring harness, but totally hiden for a vl calais turbo wagon? oh and it has twin au thermos!

Epitaph
28-07-08, 10:46
i booked you ages ago, when are you coming? hahaha na everything is ready when you are mate

STOWLN
01-08-08, 00:20
are ur demisters road worthy in nsw and how much to make me a complete wiring harness, but totally hiden for a vl calais turbo wagon? oh and it has twin au thermos!

I wouldnt know about roadyworthy in NSW, not sure if its all the same as melbourne. Ive PM'd you about your enquiry of the wiring harness your after.

Epitaph
01-08-08, 10:27
get back to work!

mis_gmh
01-08-08, 10:47
hey stef its laura from down at msc! just wondering if u still got those fuse rails?
cheers

STOWLN
02-08-08, 12:22
hey stef its laura from down at msc! just wondering if u still got those fuse rails?
cheers

Got 2 left in stock, better be quick :P

STOWLN
15-08-08, 18:12
RX4 Sedan Engine Bay Hidden Wiring

http://i36.tinypic.com/7105c7.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/vf86e.jpg

dvs_wgn
16-08-08, 18:15
dam that looks sweet!

5spdvl
25-09-08, 10:10
PM sent regarding alternators. :)

Epitaph
25-09-08, 10:16
did you take any pics of mine you nugget

STOWLN
28-09-08, 23:16
did you take any pics of mine you nugget

You got me to wire up the whole thing, AND u want me to take pics aswell? What are you there for? :P get your ass down to the workshop, and take some pics and throw em up :)

p.s feels good not having to drive down there anymore (we hope) :P

Yeti
01-10-08, 01:26
Top work Stef and Rae!!! I'm In Awe!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200190.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200192.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200194.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200196.jpg

Also Rae's dash in progress:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200197.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200198.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200199.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/P8200202.jpg

STOWLN
06-10-08, 12:32
** Spot On Auto Electrical **

Aftermarket Dash clusters to suit VL Commodore utilising a range of Gauges. Choose from any Autometer gauges, supply your own or allow us to source them for you!

All Dash clusters are fabricated in House and designed with the each individual customerís specifications!

Spot On Auto Electrical dash clusters feature the following:

- Fabricated to fit into factory location
- Can be made to stand out or blend in
- All gauges come with wiring, ready for installation!
- Indicators, warning lights and high beam notification light as standard
- Option of more warning lights and a variety of shift lights optional

Dashes start from $350 with your gauges mounted and wiring from each gauge / accessory ready to be installed.

Spot On Auto Electrical requires the gauges being used to either be supplied prior to the fabrication of each dash, or if the customer chooses, all gauges can be sourced through Spot On Auto Electrical.

Clusters are supplied in raw form, coverings may be purchased at an additional cost.
- Vinyl matched to your choice of interior / colour / $50
- Leather covering will depend on leather being used and supplied / $ TBC
- Painted / $50

YES we can send them interstate ready for installation!

Installation can be done for an additional cost dependant on gauges and hours needed to complete same.

For more information or to order yours please contact via PM or preferably please call Stef during business hours 0434 618 728.

7FOUR7
15-10-08, 05:10
What's the turnaround on these dashes from the time you recieve the gauges off me?

STOWLN
17-10-08, 00:33
What's the turnaround on these dashes from the time you recieve the gauges off me?

hey mate im guessing your the guy who called me up about the cluster?
Like we discussed over the phone, 1 week sould be sweet, if it takes longer it will only be a couple days.

jackpot77
25-10-08, 19:34
hey mate looks like ur onto a great thing some real quality work !!! ill def be sending my new calais down to get the motor wired up and hidden !!! can u p.m me a rough price for wiring up a new engine with all hidden bits ? thanks mate

STOWLN
26-10-08, 15:56
hey mate looks like ur onto a great thing some real quality work !!! ill def be sending my new calais down to get the motor wired up and hidden !!! can u p.m me a rough price for wiring up a new engine with all hidden bits ? thanks mate

PM sent mate

freEze_dK
26-10-08, 16:00
heard you have been flat out man.. well done stef

dvsgmh
26-10-08, 16:39
are you a mobile elec or do i bring the car to you?

STOWLN
27-10-08, 00:46
heard you have been flat out man.. well done stef

yeah atm i am robbie, thanx man. how u been anyway havnt seen u in a while.

dvsgmh: I do mobile work aswell mate it all depends on the job and how busy i am at the time. If its a small job i can organize to do it on site, if its a job like wiring up a whole car or similar best thing is bring the car to me. Let me know what job your after and i can let you know. cheers.

whizzn
27-10-08, 12:39
Was wondering how much all this would cost but more importantly how long would you need the car for?

HOLDEN VB-VL : FROM $1,800
- Show quality hidden wiring
- Battery tray deleted
- Chassis rail smoothed out
- Both towers smoothed out
- ALL holes welded and smoothed out
- All main bolts and parts chromed
- Engine bay ready for paint

Is this included in above price or is it extra - if so how much?
- Fusebox relocated
- Battery relocated
- Customise engine loom

STOWLN
30-10-08, 09:42
Was wondering how much all this would cost but more importantly how long would you need the car for?

HOLDEN VB-VL : FROM $1,800
- Show quality hidden wiring
- Battery tray deleted
- Chassis rail smoothed out
- Both towers smoothed out
- ALL holes welded and smoothed out
- All main bolts and parts chromed
- Engine bay ready for paint

Is this included in above price or is it extra - if so how much?
- Fusebox relocated
- Battery relocated
- Customise engine loom

The rest you listed is extra.... for the VL all you need is fusebox relocated and battery relocated and wiring on rear firewall relocated.

Fusebox relocated into glovebox inc custom face to mount $450
Relocating battery - $150 (with cables and earth straps extra $150)
relocate wiring from firewall - $200

How long we need the car depends on when you want it done and how busy we are at the time.

Yeti
10-11-08, 15:51
Full wiring job just completed on this tonner:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050114.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050106.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050108.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050115.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050116.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050095.jpg

Engine Bay:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050080.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050079.jpg

Gauges:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050111.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050077.jpg

Glove box:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050113.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050092.jpg

Fuse Index:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050089.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050088.jpg

Fancy switch panel:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050090.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050081.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050083.jpg

Firewall ignition:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050082.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050100.jpg

Earth:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050098.jpg

Yeti
10-11-08, 15:51
NOS Setup:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050096.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050097.jpg

Interior fully wired:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050084.jpg

Miz_VL_Turbo
28-11-08, 09:00
LOL all this time I thought Stef was a female (Stef short for Stefanie), I was very very impressed with her work. LOL, Sorry mate, great work.

Yeti
28-11-08, 09:24
LOL all this time I thought Stef was a female (Stef short for Stefanie), I was very very impressed with her work. LOL, Sorry mate, great work.

He has a Vagina. You may have seen him on 60 minutes recently! Here's the latest work, Brad's Dash:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PA100247.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PA100248.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PA100249.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PA100251.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PA100252.jpg

Stef I have some pics of the actual wiring on the back of the dash, let me know if you want that put up.

5spdvl
28-11-08, 12:27
I see wires! :p

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB050090.jpg

Just kidding. That's some amazing work there, Stef. I'll be sending my alternator to you after Christmas to get sorted out, as discussed a while ago.

STOWLN
28-11-08, 17:57
lol @ female ... when charles is drunk he usually takes me for a female LoL
Jez that cluster looks killer in those photos charles, u mite have to quit your day job and become a photographer.

Yeti
28-11-08, 17:59
I'm too good a Murse to be a photographer!

CSL-FLY
11-01-09, 18:46
where are you located? im interested in the demister!

scaryride
01-02-09, 08:40
Stef does good work. Highly recommended. Plus, he's a nice guy.

Yeti
01-02-09, 09:12
VS 5 liter just completed.

Before:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/bay2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/bay.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/bay1.jpg

After:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240580.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240583.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240581.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240582.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240578.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240579.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240576.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240577.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240566.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240565.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240564.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240574.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/PB240573.jpg

FATMAN
01-02-09, 16:45
does the engine have to come out of a vl to do something like this?
how much equipment would u have to bring if u were flown up to brisbane?

STOWLN
02-02-09, 20:29
does the engine have to come out of a vl to do something like this?
how much equipment would u have to bring if u were flown up to brisbane?

engine dosnt have to be out, it can be done with it all running.
For me to fly up to brisbane, equipment wise wont be an issue if you were intrested.

FATMAN
03-02-09, 22:01
very interested! thanks for the reply. won't be for a while but how far would 3K cash get me?

STOWLN
05-02-09, 09:03
what excatly do u want done in your bay though?

rumpster1
05-02-09, 19:36
how much to hide everything in the bay of a vx clubsport wan2 come to w.a for a holiday :P

FATMAN
05-02-09, 22:40
what excatly do u want done in your bay though?

probably something like your VL $1800 package with extras like fuse box relocation, powersteering and radiator overflow reservoirs (spelling), my battery is already in the boot, maybe a sound system install. 12v demister.

sorta like yeti's bay on the first page.

STOWLN
07-02-09, 09:41
FATMAN: Yeah it can be done with that price no worries. Just a quick question, have you ever considered bringing the car down to melb for a week?

rumpster1: Never really thought bout going to W.A to do a job lol. Maybe i sould start planning a holiday out that way? lol

FATMAN
07-02-09, 17:03
thought about it, cheaper to fly a person up here, risk of damage in transport, theft of parts etc, thrashed by the guys loading and unloading the car, i can't afford one little scratch on the car, hate leaving it at workshops.

STOWLN
08-02-09, 17:42
Yeah thats fair enough mate, let me know when your closer to been ready, and will work something out.

STOWLN
14-02-09, 22:34
***NEW***

105AMP VL Alternator

Since i cannot find an aftermarket alternator for the VL model that has higher amperage, we can now take your factory 70amp alternator, and can be wounded up to 105amps to help the people that run either AU thermo fans, big fuel pump setup or big audio systems.
Ive had alot of customers complain about dimming lights, and volts dropping a fair bit with fans. pumps and headlights on same time.

130AMP for the VN-VS 5ltrs.

Cars with * AU thermo fans or similar
* Big HP Fuel pumps (eg. Bosch 044 etc.)
* Airbags
* General accesorries that drain alot of amperage

Price is at $230, its an awsome mod to do when having alot of things going on at once.

Quick example

Take a commodore that has a Bosch 044 fuel pump, au fans, and headlights all running at the same time.

044 pump - 25-30amps
AU Fans - 35-40amps (at full peak)
Headlights - 15-20amps

As you can see, just these 3 alone can pump out 90amps alone, and i havnt even included a mild or big stereo system. As you can see, a factory 85amp alternator, (VN-VS) and 70amp (VL) will NOT survive for very long.

Freight delivery for outside melbourne available!!!

5spdvl
15-02-09, 16:16
Awesome! That's a really handy product to start selling, Stef. :cool:

LS1vycal
16-02-09, 15:04
hey just wondering a ball park figure on wiring up an rb26dett into a vl, the car is auto if that makes a difference, i have the loom already im not after hidden wiring or anything special just a basic wire up?? cheers, nick

NTMID 8
25-02-09, 18:10
For info ive been told that a r33 alternator will fit only need to change connector. Also do you have any pics of the gaurds off showing how the wiring runs there, i.e what stops the wiring from dropping onto the tyre etc.

calais25t
25-02-09, 19:17
Yeah thats fair enough mate, let me know when your closer to been ready, and will work something out.

Maybe we could get 2 done at once I want mine done as weel.

STOWLN
27-02-09, 18:10
LS1vycal : PM sent

NTMID 8: theres a couple of alternators from other cars that just needs slight modification to fit into a VL, diffrence is brand new alternators can go up to $300-$350, and obviously the amps play a roll aswell.
I can put pics up with guards off, but wat holds the wiring is pretty much clamps onto the body.

NTMID 8
27-02-09, 18:37
LS1vycal : PM sent

NTMID 8: theres a couple of alternators from other cars that just needs slight modification to fit into a VL, diffrence is brand new alternators can go up to $300-$350, and obviously the amps play a roll aswell.
I can put pics up with guards off, but wat holds the wiring is pretty much clamps onto the body.

I understand what your saying about the r33 alt, just thought being 90 amp factory you could modify as you have done to the vl one and get around the 140amp mark.

Anyways if you do have pics of how the wiring is held and where it comes through i would appreciate it as im considering getting it done on my car, just would like to see where you cut and hold etc.

LAMBYZ
07-03-09, 23:48
G'day Stef, hows things mate?
Sold my other VN about a month ago, driving a white '91 VN SS now, rapt-as having a 5ltr again lol.
just giving you some early notice, but I'll be contacting you in the next month or so to organize having the tacho and SS driving lights wired up, maybe an engine bay tidy up aswell.
Cheers mate, hope alls well.
Matt

STOWLN
10-03-09, 21:43
G'day Stef, hows things mate?
Sold my other VN about a month ago, driving a white '91 VN SS now, rapt-as having a 5ltr again lol.
just giving you some early notice, but I'll be contacting you in the next month or so to organize having the tacho and SS driving lights wired up, maybe an engine bay tidy up aswell.
Cheers mate, hope alls well.
Matt

Hey Matt hows things bud? Good too see your back in the 5ltrs lol.
Wheneva your ready mate give us a call no problem.

FATMAN
13-03-09, 02:21
Maybe we could get 2 done at once I want mine done as weel.

yeh man for sure, maybe get a few serious interested peeps up here all ready at the same time to make it worthwhile for all involved.

calais25t
13-03-09, 19:19
yeh man for sure, maybe get a few serious interested peeps up here all ready at the same time to make it worthwhile for all involved.

Im keen

STOWLN
25-04-09, 19:13
Complete sheet metal auto meter dashboard for Mazda RX4

http://i44.tinypic.com/3346ul5.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/e8ommd.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/16is2sg.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/108buhy.jpg

VLPSI355
25-04-09, 22:14
Love ya work m8..What do you charge to wire up gauges into a dash??Im gonna run 6 gauges plus shift lite and flashers in my vl dash.

STOWLN
29-04-09, 00:05
Love ya work m8..What do you charge to wire up gauges into a dash??Im gonna run 6 gauges plus shift lite and flashers in my vl dash.

PM sent mate

88 Chaser
29-04-09, 23:59
Thanks for the wire job Stef, and for making me go to the panel shop to get the engine bay done again, turns out I dont need a spare wheel space in the boot either now, you and your good ideas are going to make me broke in no time.

KNGPSI
30-04-09, 10:22
Anyways if you do have pics of how the wiring is held and where it comes through i would appreciate it as im considering getting it done on my car, just would like to see where you cut and hold etc.

Love it how he needs info and his going to do it himself but asking u in a sly way rofl

NTMID 8
01-05-09, 14:05
Love it how he needs info and his going to do it himself but asking u in a sly way rofl

Sorry i didnt realise there was a patent on hidden wiring. Ive done it know anyways. By the way i live in SA so if you think im going to pay $300 to have my car transferred up there then $300 to get it back + the cost of the work and the risk of damage while being transferred your dreaming. I have no doubt that his work is A class but the cost and risk involved in getting my car too him out weighs the benifit of the work.

vkwepn
03-05-09, 13:27
hi i have a hitachi alt on a vl but its blown so i need one would your 105 alt hook up and how much would it be ????

STOWLN
03-05-09, 13:59
Thanks for the wire job Stef, and for making me go to the panel shop to get the engine bay done again, turns out I dont need a spare wheel space in the boot either now, you and your good ideas are going to make me broke in no time.

LoL.... my ideas always makes people's wallets empty, can you imagine the ideas i go throw myself, poor wallet. Glad your happy with the job, once the boot and bay is done, please send me off some pics so i can put up. Also im sending you stickers in the mail very shortly, the 12volt custom ones :)

vkwepn: You can always send me the blown Hitachi alternator, ill reco it and make it 105amps at the same time.

vkwepn
03-05-09, 14:43
vkwepn: You can always send me the blown Hitachi alternator, ill reco it and make it 105amps at the same time.[/QUOTE]

can you pm me a price for that

STOWLN
09-05-09, 17:03
Hidden Wiring and smooth bay in my VN..... (pics when the motor went in)

http://i40.tinypic.com/10n94xk.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/u90cz.jpg

Bouras
09-05-09, 19:09
wow, that looks awsome, i needa call u soon for second installment for my car lol. been doin afew other things, next few weeks good or u busy?

STOWLN
09-05-09, 19:11
wow, that looks awsome, i needa call u soon for second installment for my car lol. been doin afew other things, next few weeks good or u busy?

thanx man, yeah give me a call when ur ready for stage 2 lol.... ill fit some time in for ya no problems.

88 Chaser
09-05-09, 20:01
Very nice mate, slowly becoming somewhat of a fan of the old VN boats.

STOWLN
10-05-09, 19:04
lol thanx jason, they got sick of making white boats, so they decided to start with gloss red..... :P

CALJAS88
11-05-09, 19:38
top guy didnt rip me off, did an awesome job and even drove me to work:)

thax stef!

7FOUR7
11-05-09, 19:56
the bay in the VN looks awesome stef!

STOWLN
13-05-09, 22:00
top guy didnt rip me off, did an awesome job and even drove me to work:)

thax stef!

no worries mate....

Thanx Brad....

Just wanted to throw an idea in the air for interstate people, im in the middle of modifying a VL body loom to have hidden wiring already done for DIY. Basic skills will be needed such as removing the old body loom and fitting the new one, drilling simple holes etc. All grommets, clamps and even wiring diagrams will be supplied, just wanted to see feedback from interstate people too see if theres any intrest, since im getting calls and PM's from all over australia asking if i would fly up.

P.S VL Engine looms are already in the process. There will be a changeover system of your old loom, were you get a full reco'd engine loom, with all new plugs. new earth points etc.

BT
19-05-09, 01:52
that sounds like a good idea .

VLCT88
19-05-09, 10:20
sounds like an awesome idea... would be run along the inside of the guards etc??? also made for a haltech in a VL???

MrN20
19-05-09, 10:51
whoever chromed the engine covers on that vs, should refit them the correct way, they're on backwards... and the bay on that vs looks like its been sprayed since your work?? can we see one without being painted? or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me

JAKUL8
19-05-09, 12:45
Hey stef just bought a 97 VT exec just wondering if you would be out mount waverley way any time soon as i need a quote as there are loose wires in the engine bay everywhere. And i would just like the engine bay wiring done correctly or how much you think it would cost thans buddy

Waughy
19-05-09, 12:58
Some great looking work there, hiding the wiring really does make the bay look a whole lot better. Would love to do my Calais one day, it would look great with the old carby 8 without looms and wires running all over the place. Maybe when the engine eventually comes out, DIY kit sounds like a great idea.

STOWLN
20-05-09, 19:48
Thanx for the feedback guys...

whoever chromed the engine covers on that vs, should refit them the correct way, they're on backwards... and the bay on that vs looks like its been sprayed since your work?? can we see one without being painted? or maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me

yeah its painted, as i wanted to show the end result of it painted up, im sure everyone knows wat a factory engine bay would look like.

For the DIY looms im gonna have the looms in stages of how much hidden wiring the customer wants, and also will be able to make tailor made looms for individual customers that have aftermarket ECU's, aslong as im provided with the correct details of what ill be wiring up. The hidden wiring will be ran throw the guards, so like i said basic skills will be needed by either yourself or even if you know mates that do, from the top of my head im talking things like, removing guards, removing old body loom and re-fitting new loom, drill holes with hole-saw.

JAKUL8: PM sent mate.....

kidmavric
24-05-09, 19:27
DIY is a wicked idea. where does all the washer bottles etc go when u do this kind of job, are they easily accesiable?? great work mate

vlt88wa
24-05-09, 20:23
how much will a diy job cost for most of the wires hidden? grate idea

STOWLN
25-05-09, 19:19
kidmavric: Washer bottles comes down to what the owner wants, either keep the factory ones, or get rid of them, and put in an aftermarket type were they can be hidden also.

vlt88wa: Once i finish up mocking up the orginal loom and work out what parts etc cost, ill put up a price of how much it will cost in total. Stay tuned.

jayb
13-06-09, 13:11
hey mate were do you put the ignition modual on the vn-vs 5ltrs

STOWLN
13-06-09, 16:11
theres no real set place were to put it, its personal choice, usually under the dashboard, away from the engine bay.

jayb
13-06-09, 18:52
theres no real set place were to put it, its personal choice, usually under the dashboard, away from the engine bay.

sorry too keep asking questions but does it need to be in a well ventilated place?

LAMBYZ
14-06-09, 19:50
hey stef, your engine bay's looking bloody awesome mate!!!
will give u a buzz in the next couple about getting a few things done on my ss, hopefully next week sometime - just the tacho and foggies.
cheers mate

96 vs ss
23-06-09, 19:26
If you want A+ Quality work stef is your man, Top block and real easy to talk to.
He put gauges on my bonet a few weeks back and could not be more happier!!

Cant wait to get him working on my car again, this guy knows hes stuff!

STOWLN
23-06-09, 19:52
If you want A+ Quality work stef is your man, Top block and real easy to talk to.
He put gauges on my bonet a few weeks back and could not be more happier!!

Cant wait to get him working on my car again, this guy knows hes stuff!

haha thanx lucas glad you like em. Hopefully we get decent weather to take some photos and put em up.

VLT87Kal
23-06-09, 20:34
dont spose u trip over to w.a lol, how much would i roughly be looking at to get sum 1 to hide all my engine bay wiring??

STOWLN
25-06-09, 01:19
http://i43.tinypic.com/f43fqd.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/205quqp.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/29w7kfa.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/34zxdo0.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ily7ts.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/262xx76.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/14ill5u.jpg

vl_comm
28-06-09, 14:36
how much to replace the whole engine wiring loom for a vlt. the loom is out of the car, jus want it all replaced. new wires/connectors. thanks

STOWLN
28-06-09, 19:29
how much to replace the whole engine wiring loom for a vlt. the loom is out of the car, jus want it all replaced. new wires/connectors. thanks

It wont be worth replacing the whole engine loom, as there will be parts of the loom that will still be in good condition, best way of doing it is change all connectors and plugs, strip the whole loom and replace whatever is needed. Best way is for me to have a look at it first to see the condition of it.

NinoVlt
28-06-09, 23:05
hey mate
im in the process of buiding/stripping my vlct
atm i got the manifolds n stuff all off the engine so practically all the loom is all disconnected etc.
im looking at hiding all my wiring in the engine bay. headlights etc.
except for the engine loom because a microtech is going in later on.
the battery relocated to the boot.
practically i just wont it all hidden n neatened up so i can smooth the bay and get it painted.
and do you have a work shop or do you do your work onsite?
feel free to pm.
thank you

STOWLN
28-06-09, 23:22
hey mate
im in the process of buiding/stripping my vlct
atm i got the manifolds n stuff all off the engine so practically all the loom is all disconnected etc.
im looking at hiding all my wiring in the engine bay. headlights etc.
except for the engine loom because a microtech is going in later on.
the battery relocated to the boot.
practically i just wont it all hidden n neatened up so i can smooth the bay and get it painted.
and do you have a work shop or do you do your work onsite?
feel free to pm.
thank you

PM sent mate

zaksvl
28-06-09, 23:46
from looking thru this thread, your bloody good at what ya do mate. keep it up :)

BLU_VLC
18-07-09, 00:51
hi i got a car that is stirped as in in the wires suchas the looms and other wires which i still have. so do u rewire cars e.g vl's and how much would it be?

djdarknes
19-07-09, 17:49
fark i hate being in qld sometimes pffft sif live in melbourne :)

HAHAHA

STOWLN
20-07-09, 11:41
BLU_VLC: PM sent.....

Just quickly if people want quicker replys for the next couple weeks, prob best to call or sms me, as atm im not jumping on the net on a daily basis as its getting real busy here.

New photos of a couple diffrent engine bays coming up aswell....

Raptor
20-07-09, 16:02
Stef, I want a new fuse rail wired up, one of those Mike ones?

Can you pm me a price to do that for me ?

Thanks mate!

STOWLN
21-07-09, 19:15
Stef, I want a new fuse rail wired up, one of those Mike ones?

Can you pm me a price to do that for me ?

Thanks mate!

PM sent mate

jetlag69
06-08-09, 21:55
have u got a phone number m8? need some help with electrical prob with vl turbo,heater fan no work?

STOWLN
07-08-09, 01:13
0434 618 728

OZ747
16-08-09, 18:40
Due to expanding in diffrent areas, i have added a second name which is a divison of Spot On Auto Electrical. 12Volt Customs will take over all the custom work, and only focus on that department, which will all be in-house, whilst Spot On Auto Electrical will remain in-house and mobile work for your everyday electrical needs.

12Volt Customs Specialize in:

* Engine Bay Hidden Wiring
* Relocating Batterys
* Relocating Fusebox's
* Restorations
* Wiring Conversions
* Custom made looms to suit older cars inc hot rods.
* Custom made looms to suit drag cars.
* Isolator Switches/Emergency cut off Switches
* Autometer Clusters
* 12Volt Customs switch panels
* Fiberglassing/fabrications ***NEW***

***We Now Supply & Fit AUTRONICS ECU***

[12Volt Customs website coming soon]

***Contact Stef on 0434 618 728***

***HIDDEN WIRING SPECIALS***

12Volt Customs specialize in custom hidden wiring for all makes and models, from mild to full show quality condition.
Due to popular demand, i have included special package deals for the holden commodore range.

HIDDEN WIRING - VB-VL : From $600 (Basic package)
HIDDEN WIRING - VL : $800 (show package 1) $1,000 (show package 2)
HIDDEN WIRING - VN-VP : From $1,200
HIDDEN WIRING - VR-VS : From $1,600
HIDDEN WIRING - VT onwards : From $1,900

***No shortcuts taken, ALL joints soldered***

ALL hidden wiring jobs receive FREE new earth connections and earth upgrades.

Tailor Made package deals can be made on customers request.
Some examples:

- Fusebox relocated
- Battery relocated
- Injector wiring cleaned up
- Customise engine loom/computer

Hi Mate,
I have a Link G2 ECU and a brand new 30cm loom to go with it to splice into my original loom . i have the installation manual for it and i was wondering if i could give you the loom to splice in. the loom is currentluy out of the car would this be a problem for you and how much do you charge?? of you can do the work.

Cheers

STOWLN
20-08-09, 20:37
Are u asking me if i can do the loom off the car??? and splice the new loom into the orginal loom?

OZ747
28-08-09, 22:54
Are u asking me if i can do the loom off the car??? and splice the new loom into the orginal loom?

Sorry mate i wasnt realy clear just wondering if you can splice it into my original loom and how much would you charge i also have the instruction manual.

cheers

GMHVN
01-09-09, 18:06
Hi

Im after a quote on how much it would cost to make a custom gauge pod like in stowln just above the head unit with 3 gauge holes angling towards the driver...

cheers

STOWLN
11-09-09, 07:19
Been real busy lately, so havnt had time 2 update with some new pics, just a few for now, more coming.....

http://i27.tinypic.com/r2mcfk.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2n03n8j.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2ngsqig.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2e1yblc.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/141titz.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2nqwqz9.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/2d076q.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2edoxvq.jpg

REVENU
09-10-09, 15:53
Hey stef, its Shawn, we just spoke on the phone and i am booked in for dec 1st.

Just thought i would post up some pics of what your up against...

hopefully you get one of those fuse holders off Niche lol.
http://i37.tinypic.com/23uu5xv.jpg

and all these wires/relays i hope to disappear with the battery :)
http://i33.tinypic.com/102wk5c.jpg

STOWLN
18-10-09, 23:58
aaahh yes yes, that fuserail is getting pretty bad lol .... bay will look awsome once all done im sure.

HTURBO
05-12-09, 16:21
Spot On Auto Electrical do you have a shop or are you mobile?

STOWLN
06-12-09, 11:14
Both...

CAL-FTW
06-12-09, 14:59
hey mate, I am keen to change my dash cluster in my VR calais V8 to one out of a VZ ss, it it possible and if so how much?

Cheers, Mark

HTURBO
12-12-09, 23:30
Can't go past Stef when it comes to custom wiring:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140028.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140019.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140018.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/My%20car/P2140013.jpg

Results speak for themselves, good luck with it mate.

Which package was that?

SHIZNT
15-12-09, 19:13
Hey Steph.. Will you wire up some electric gauges?... I've got 4 that need wiring up and dont really want to do it myself..

STOWLN
15-12-09, 23:28
HTURBO: Thats $1,000 as the wiring on the firewall also gets hidden.

SHIZNT: Yeah mate no worries, send me a PM and will organize it.

HTURBO
26-12-09, 20:54
HTURBO: Thats $1,000 as the wiring on the firewall also gets hidden.

Does the price include moving the battery to the boot?

vlct86
08-01-10, 09:28
Pm Sent

x_KYLE_x
16-01-10, 21:47
hey mate
was just wonderin how much to get dash cluster done like the one on page 4?
pm me if you have time!
thanks

STOWLN
17-01-10, 23:02
All pm's replied too cheers.

Also brand new website up aswell, check it out www.12voltcustoms.com.au

HTURBO
04-02-10, 04:38
Hi stef, Just a question about the show car package.($1,000) What do you think best to have the car resprayed first or have the wiring done first.
I was just wondering with the show package 2 would there be any holes left in the engine bay because if there was I could have them plugged up when the body work is getting done.

AdamB08
04-02-10, 11:18
Recommendations by anyone for this type of work in Perth?

GMH05
07-02-10, 19:37
How much would this cost to get rid of the fuse bot and all wiring on both sides and behind the engine?

Do you come up to sydney often?

I just want the mess neater lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/vl2dy4/09122008630.jpg

STOWLN
14-02-10, 23:59
Sorry bud bit hard for me 2 come up to sydney for that type of job.

Havnt updated this thread for a while guys, been really busy lately. Just a couple pics i wanna put up for you guys to get an idea of how these 12volt dimisters mount up for the VL.
These dimisters work as simple as a 2way toggle switch for low and high speed. Ive tested these myself with the windscreen fogged up, and to bE honest they work just as good if not better then the factory blowers.

From this: (Factory Heaterbox)

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qn1la9.jpg

To this (12volt Dimister)

http://i47.tinypic.com/spumba.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ch2dk6.jpg

Some more pics from diffrent type of jobs.....

Fusebox into glovebox with custom panel...

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zvpyy0.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/1s1fu1.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2n99b2x.jpg

Battery Relocation and Isolator Switch

http://i45.tinypic.com/fzcisy.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/ip5r14.jpg

Before (With battery and wiring)
http://i45.tinypic.com/35in0pj.jpg

After (Battery relocated, hidden wiring)
http://i45.tinypic.com/beeozm.jpg

paul_1989
15-02-10, 05:03
hey mate i seen that you wouldn't come to syd for a bit of work so how much would it take to get you up here im interested in battery relocation, 1 of the dashes on page 4, wiring in bay, demisters and fuse box in glove box thanks paul and if you wont come up do you know any one

HTURBO
15-02-10, 07:03
Hi stef.
Just one more question can you update the fuel pump wires(larger gauge)?

STOWLN
15-02-10, 10:28
HTURBO: Yeah man thats not a problem

paul_1989: PM Sent regarding your question.

Epitaph
15-02-10, 11:14
website looks good stef

STOWLN
15-02-10, 16:50
website looks good stef

Thanx kane :)

DVS VL280
15-02-10, 17:37
stef done all the electrical on my car, wouldnt reccomend any1 else, work is 110%

my car and more of stefs work :)
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/dvsvlt/18556_107833759234179_1000002266634.jpg

HTURBO
25-02-10, 02:05
Hi stef
With the show car package 2. Will their be any holes left in the engine bay on the VL? I was thinking if I their was I could have the holes welded and flatten before the respray or do the respray first then come and see you?

STOWLN
10-03-10, 09:32
New look for the VL Cluster, non trimmed "brush look", has a nice clean finish that blends in nicely with the rest of the vl dash, looks much better in person then the photos below. (Shift Light optional)

http://i39.tinypic.com/8y5nr4.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2euq5ck.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/103c46r.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2v8q06h.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/6z8zex.jpg

Yeti
10-03-10, 09:36
Getting better and better Stef!

jrw287
10-03-10, 10:05
amazing!!

GMTANK
10-03-10, 11:01
ela stef could an autometer dash be done in the vx or would it be to complicated?? lemme know cheers

STOWLN
10-03-10, 11:09
ela stef could an autometer dash be done in the vx or would it be to complicated?? lemme know cheers

Yeah man we can work something out i reckon, wouldnt be a problem.

GMTANK
10-03-10, 11:18
sounds good ill be intouch soon

FATMAN
10-03-10, 16:10
im sooooooooo getting u to do my car ay. should be ready for ya this year some time, just trying to juggle up a decent process, like the engine will be out, but then after u work some magic, its gotta be painted, then the engines gotta go back in so u can work some more magic. i want a whole stack of stuff done, from engine bay smoothing, hidden wiring, custom reserviors, hidden fuse box, demister, gauges, stereo, the works.

STOWLN
11-03-10, 10:19
im sooooooooo getting u to do my car ay. should be ready for ya this year some time, just trying to juggle up a decent process, like the engine will be out, but then after u work some magic, its gotta be painted, then the engines gotta go back in so u can work some more magic. i want a whole stack of stuff done, from engine bay smoothing, hidden wiring, custom reserviors, hidden fuse box, demister, gauges, stereo, the works.

No probs man, that can be done no worries :)

Thanx for the great feedback guys.

Torcida
14-03-10, 13:54
u do that demister job do you, now in winter will have issues with foggy windows... big pain, will have to make heater work too, i think theres all stuff inside coz it worked in the past.

AdamB08
19-03-10, 01:09
My motors out bays smoothed and complete car is ready to be wired up just the problem of me being in Perth.....lol, if for any reason you come over here I will hit you up for the works to be done. Hidden wiring, custom cluster, battery relocation, demister, fusebox relocation. Hope that is some incentive for you hahah.

Definitely the best man for the job!!
Well Done.

Yeti
07-04-10, 23:38
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/Hamoud/IMG_6750.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/Hamoud/IMG_6748.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/Hamoud/IMG_6745.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/Hamoud/IMG_6738.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Chiows/Hamoud/IMG_6737.jpg

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=192963

[HAMOUD]
08-04-10, 01:22
stefs a ***en gun...i wish u seen my bay b4 he turned a pig into a supermodel!

HTURBO
08-04-10, 01:57
Where does everyone get those chrome strut caps from?

STOWLN
08-04-10, 10:47

I supply them, including the master cylinder cap :)

PROGMH
08-04-10, 10:49

Milo

HTURBO
09-04-10, 17:48
Just a question STOLWN, what do you think best. Have the car resprayed first or do the hidden wiring first?
The reason for asking, because will there be any holes left in the engine bay from existing wires & plugs, If there was, I could have the holes filled before the respray.

STOWLN
11-04-10, 16:53
Just a question STOLWN, what do you think best. Have the car resprayed first or do the hidden wiring first?
The reason for asking, because will there be any holes left in the engine bay from existing wires & plugs, If there was, I could have the holes filled before the respray.

I usually suggest the hidden wiring takes place first, as there wont be much wiring to pull out for the bay to get painted, and that way less chance of fresh paint getting scratched or marked, either way i can do both ways dosnt bother me.

vkboy
24-04-10, 21:48
Hey stef, will have to get in contact with you soon, as i am almost ready to have my rotary corolla get the royal treatment from you. ill be needing the bay done, an autometer dash (has custom metal dash atm, nothing but gauges), demisters and the whole car rewired basically, should be abit of fun for you in my little corolla, they only have around 10 wires or so anyway lol.

STOWLN
03-05-10, 17:51
This is version 2 of the custom autometer cluster stainless steel brush look for the VL Commodore.

http://i41.tinypic.com/nr0jdj.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/zujmvc.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/33kq9h5.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/jtqulh.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/bhyhed.jpg

STOWLN
09-06-10, 18:46
INTERSTATE CUSTOMER DEALS

We try our best to service our interstate customers as much as possible for there build ups on there VL's, from autometer clusters, to battery relocation kits. We now also do full aftermarket ECU wiring, to factory ECU reco looms. All aftermarket ECU wiring will be as easy as plugging it up onto the motor and turn key. Aftermarket wiring looms are all wired to plug into factory plugs, no cutting no joining wires required. Full tests are made on our test bench's which we make sure theres *spark *injector pulse *fuel pump trigger to gurantee hassle free wiring.
We also reco factory engine looms, with brand new plugs, and remove unwanted wiring which gives you that extra clean look in the bay.
All engine looms can be custom made to suit extra fuel pumps, thermo fans etc.

Repins
04-07-10, 06:56
top auto elec recomend to everyone had him work on my vn ss he came out quick very reliable and affordable,cheers mate

STOWLN
05-07-10, 16:03
thanx mate...

Just a quick update for the big VL fans, theres 7 more weeks untill melbourne autosalon, for the past 10months 12volt customs has been working long hours in putting together a full ground up build VL Calais from NSW that will be making its first ever apperance in the car scene, some might say this will be up there with ONE of the BEST VL Calais in australia, and to make things more exciting for the weekend of autosalon, the customer himself will be c`ing the car for the first time since the car came stripped, down to melbourne. For more more updates on autosalon keep a look out on our facebook page .......
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1518468685#!/pages/12-Volt-Customs/207307717153?ref=ts

Hope to see you all at autosalon. :)

VLAero6
28-07-10, 19:36
hey guys stef fixed and modded my alternator to handle more amps and also fixed my tail lights. Top bloke. Keep up the good work stef and good luck with autosalon.

Jubs11
28-07-10, 21:00
Hey Guys

Have you ever done a VS cluster? if u do them could you please pm a price thanks

STOWLN
04-08-10, 17:20
Hey Guys

Have you ever done a VS cluster? if u do them could you please pm a price thanks

PM sent mate

SpannaVL
11-08-10, 14:20
email sent :)

CHRGD6
11-08-10, 15:49
Thread written in :)

NinoVlt
18-08-10, 18:49
how much would it be for a reco'd engine loom for a vl.? cause my engine and body loom is up to s**t.. also ive had my dash out to put a newer one in and my car wont start now and i remember wen i first bought the car it done the same thing untill we accidently moved (the factory kill switch if that wat it is) one of the wires and then the pump primed and it started. thanx

CSL-FLY
19-08-10, 08:31
^^ i can't remember the exact price he quoted me man but it was very good.. stefs VERY busy atm so your best bet is to call him. i don't think he will have much time to check the computer

jrw287
31-08-10, 15:53
http://i34.tinypic.com/accu0z.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2qtjwh0.jpg

<NICK>
31-08-10, 21:58
that looks great!

davie
01-09-10, 09:25
New look for the VL Cluster, non trimmed "brush look", has a nice clean finish that blends in nicely with the rest of the vl dash, looks much better in person then the photos below. (Shift Light optional)

http://i39.tinypic.com/8y5nr4.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2euq5ck.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/103c46r.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2v8q06h.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/6z8zex.jpg

hi there i want a cluster exactly like this it looks awesome umm are you able to pm me a price an when i can get it done thanks

STOWLN
07-09-10, 10:55
davie: PM sent

<NICK>
07-09-10, 23:08
stef can u give me a price on it also!

Porkchop355
15-09-10, 03:19
Hey how are ya, im looking at one of these dash clusters, if possible could you pm me a price and if you would post interstate??

Cheers

SpannaVL
16-09-10, 12:57
**Sent this in PM early last month, please let me know your prices, i have money and want it them lol**

Hey Stef,

How much for your billet engine bay parts to suit a 304 VL?

Mainly interested in strut tops (triangle kinda design), bmc lid, oil cap, rad cap, and ps cap.

Do you make any other tidy up bits that are not listed on your website?

Cheers
Danny

STOWLN
17-09-10, 09:58
Hey guys real sorry if i have been a little delayed with sending replys, this month has just been crazy trying to get ready for melbourne cruise for charity. All PM's have been replyed too thanx.

Also for the guys that are in melbourne and are attending cruise for charity, 12volt Customs will be having a trade stand there this year, so keep an eye on all the products and special prices just for the event, and will also be including an Auto Meter special sale on electrical gauges. Orders can be placed on the day of the event.

STOWLN
05-10-10, 21:25
Okay guys were pushing stock out, to make way for new summer stock, so im putting up specials for all calaisturbo members. If theres other products your after and you cant see it below pm me for prices.

Weve just recieved these new HID kits and considering HID kits can go for upto $350 retail, these HID kits are really good value.

* 12V 35w 6000k H1/H11/H7/H4 etc $190 complete kit.
* Battery relocation kits slashed from $220 to $170
* 12V Twin air horn kit only $75
* Prices slashed on alarms, imobilisers and central locking kits!!!
* 12v dimisters price drop from $230 to only $170
* VL indicator/headlight switch $50

Davies Craig thermatic switch $55

http://i52.tinypic.com/5umu0x.jpg

PHILIPS Performance packs for all models!!!
* H4 BLUE VISION 12V60/55W $55
* H4 DIAMOND VISION 12V 55W $85
* H11 12V 55W BLUEVISION TWIN PACK $90
* H11 12V 55W CRYSTAL VISION $105
* H1 BLUE VISION 12V 55W $45
* H1 VISION PLUS +50% 12V 55W $25
* H7 CRYSTAL VISION 12V 55W $90
* H7 BLUE VISION 12V 55W $75
*** all headlight packages also include parker globes ***
http://i52.tinypic.com/2d2zgp.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/1z5rqkw.jpg

Headlights restoration kit $45

http://i53.tinypic.com/f35qtl.jpg

Push button starts, type 1 $45 type 2 $35
***both types light up***

http://i54.tinypic.com/15xsrrb.jpg

12v GPS DIGITAL SPEEDOMETER ***NEW*** $190

These units are ideal for cars that either dont have a speedo that works correctly, or dosnt work accurate due to diff gears, bigger tyres etc. Its as simple as plugging it into ur cig lighter or even wiring it up to a toggle switch.
Also comes with in built led light that can be set to give you warning of "overspeed".

http://i51.tinypic.com/24v5zt2.jpg

LED products, from led interior lights, to trailor lights.

Small LED interior light - $20
Medium LED interior light - $35
Large LED interior light - $50
LED trailor lights FROM $45

http://i55.tinypic.com/24lsi94.jpg

Autometer is one of our main suppliers for all gauges, but now we are also looking out for the people who are on a budget with gauges, but still want quality and style. These VDO gauges have just come out on the market 10months ago, and are very stylish and suit any application. PM me for prices.

http://i56.tinypic.com/344cjg3.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/20auyxh.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2vbpn2u.jpg

Yeti
05-10-10, 21:37
Stef...... Headlight globes for BF Falcon?

STOWLN
05-10-10, 23:44
Stef...... Headlight globes for BF Falcon?

Yep Charles, what type you after? Nice white clean light?

BT
06-10-10, 07:54
are they vy-vz or ba-bf dash pods ?

Yeti
06-10-10, 11:05
Meh, cheapest ones you have dude. Can I come round in the next few days and get you to put them in?

freEze_dK
06-10-10, 11:15
are they vy-vz or ba-bf dash pods ?

vy-vz

STOWLN
06-10-10, 12:02
Charles yea come around mate, got plenty in stock atm.
And yes they are vy-vz gauge pods, which we also have in stock. The gauge pods also come with the 2 gauges aswell.

freEze_dK
06-10-10, 12:04
get ford ones :)

HTURBO
26-10-10, 18:11
Hi Stef, How busy are you during the month of November?? Also could you PM me which suburb your located. Thanks.

PROGMH
26-10-10, 18:21
Meh, cheapest ones you have dude. Can I come round in the next few days and get you to put them in?

You can't change two globes?

jackpot77
26-10-10, 19:09
hey mate can u pm me a price on the gauges - id like the same as displayed thanks bud!