View Full Version : Diff places in eastern suburbs.

Richo11
20-08-07, 16:17
As the title states, im pretty much wanting to know what diff places people recommend in the eastern suburbs of melb. I need one built for my wagon.. i have called a few places, like g&j diffs in dandenong.. but wouldnt mind getting some other prices and other places that people have used in the past.
cheers,
Matt

PROGMH
20-08-07, 16:20
Ive heard to steer clear of G&J...

Its hard to find people to do diffs except them and keysey however.

Richo11
20-08-07, 16:25
ok cheers for the heads up. g&j quoted $2000 for 31spline exels, brand new lsd centre etc etc

my diff is about to **** itself, so i gotta get one soon

spewbt1
20-08-07, 16:36
kewish autos - not sure of spelling. there across from haddads in ambley cres dandenong. recomended

Bealzy
20-08-07, 16:41
kewish autos - not sure of spelling. there across from haddads in ambley cres dandenong. recomended

i went to keysy diffs in dandy, found them to be quite good and knew there ****.

Richo11
20-08-07, 16:53
have u got a number for them by any chance mate??

Red RB30 Jet
20-08-07, 22:03
Supa Trik Engineering, In Dandy way, always advertises in the trading post, I had a few diffs built by Andrew for various cars I have owned no problem, not always the cheapest though.

Stay clear of G&J, a mate of mine had "Rough Workmanship" done by that mob.

Trans - Diff in Bayswater did my last 9 inch centre at a price cheaper than any one else and work is still holding up.

Bealzy
25-08-07, 09:15
have u got a number for them by any chance mate??

Keysborough diffs 9706 3454

- Andy

spence01
25-08-07, 10:08
ash differentials in carnegie is reallly good.. he is cheap and does a really good job.give him a ring he will do anything.. he put in a minispool in my old car for 150 without supplieing the spool.. ***n cheap.. i dont have his number on me but he is in the yellow pages under differentials.

SYRUS
31-08-07, 15:47
do not go to g & j in dandenong.
i went there because they were one of the cheapest around and boy did i regret it. ended up costing me twice as much.
They put a cut vn axle in mine (cut where the splines are), not the gears i asked for and second hand lsd cones.
PLus they almost killed me because of it. Came around a bend and because the axle was cut down and was not the right one when i went round the corner the axle seized somehow and the hole right rand side of the diff locked up (ie, couldnt turn the wheel on the diff)

learned my lesson once and would never recommend anyone ever using them.

YEP_boost
31-08-07, 21:27
ok cheers for the heads up. g&j quoted $2000 for 31spline exels, brand new lsd centre etc etc

my diff is about to **** itself, so i gotta get one soon

There is a good guy round the corner from me in Coburg. He did the homos diff and its copped a very good belting and its never had an issue!