View Full Version : SSV Walky Kit

dorey76
02-05-07, 20:38
Has anyone on here used any parts of the Sydney Special Vehicles Walkinshaw kits as a replacement? I need to replace a few parts and am wondering about the quality of fit and finish. Any other feedback, negative or positive, would be great.

Also, completely off topic, has anyone removed/replaced the ignition barrel? If so, any tricks to removing it?
Cheers
Dorey

ILLUSIV
03-05-07, 12:46
Aftermarket kits are USUALLY no where near the strength of genuine walkinshaw parts. Alot less fibreglass etc.....

Yeti
03-05-07, 13:01
I thought they were better due to the original walky kits being so dodgy...??? Weren't the original Walky kits very ill fitting due to being supplied by 20 odd different suppliers?

ILLUSIV
03-05-07, 16:52
They were ill fitting, but aftermarket kits are just as bad.... and they aren't the same thickness in some places, don't bolt on like originals etc....

Don't go aftermarket... Get original... might take a while, but worth the wait. I practically have a complete spare genuine walky kit in the shed. I had some aftermarket parts, but I sold them.

oma72
03-05-07, 19:17
I'm bottom front bib is an aftermarket item but in saying that you can't tell the difference untill you take it off(bracing isn't as thick as the original). What bodykit parts are you chasing Dorey?

dorey76
03-05-07, 22:46
I'm bottom front bib is an aftermarket item but in saying that you can't tell the difference untill you take it off(bracing isn't as thick as the original). What bodykit parts are you chasing Dorey?

Front bar, rear bar and R/H side skirt plus the piece just behind the front R/H wheel.

walky509
05-05-07, 20:06
i bought a bonnet scoop from fibermaster in syd for my 6cyl daily, it was just as good if not better than the original, BUT! that was years ago when they were in windsor, before they moved to blacktown.
hope they are still the same quality, that's who ill be gettin bits from if ever need be.